Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

How to Survive Craglorn

Ikoshin
Ikoshin
Soul Shriven
I just recently finished Cadwells Gold :D , Thieves guild and am halfway through the Dark Brotherhood quest line. I decided to try out Craglorn. I didn't expect to hit a brick wall when i got there. Is there a specific build i need to be using in the solo area's, (I'm a Stam Night Blade)? anyone have tips for questing in the area?

Thanks!
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my nb needed vigor to run there.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • ViciousBunnii
    ViciousBunnii
    ✭✭✭
    The only way I could survive was to slot a shield. I am not sure what nightblades have access to (I am a magsorc), but I know you can get annulment from the light armor skill line.
    PC/NA

Forever salty about the Shadow Rider Senche
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Craglorn is a Group Zone, and all the dungeons and delves are set up for Groups. Most of the content is soloable if your not a Stamina Nightblade. Unless you have Vigor, and even then it's going to be a challenge.

Now, that being said, the Main Quest for the Zone, both Upper and Lower is certainly soloable. There are two group delves you are sent to that you can run through, and if you die, ghost until the end to get to the objective. There is one boss that is kind of tough, but you can prevail. Please note there are two quests that used to be part of the Main Quest that are no loner required, and still have the group dungeons.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Ikoshin
    Ikoshin
    Soul Shriven
    It was mentioned that night blades need Vigor, is there a specific armor set? I am a stam-blade right now I can use 1h shield but never have would this really help?
  • shack80
    shack80
    ✭✭✭
    Ikoshin wrote: »
    It was mentioned that night blades need Vigor, is there a specific armor set? I am a stam-blade right now I can use 1h shield but never have would this really help?

Drop the 1h and shield, stamblade is about dps and burst damage. Use medium armor, bis = Two Fanged Snake, Vicious Ophidian, if you dont have access on those go for Night Mother, Agility Jewelry for example. Vigor is needed coz it's basically only heal you can get. You can get good heal with rally if you use 2-handed weapon, but for PVE your setup should be dualwield/bow.

Lot's of good threads about stamblade.
  • shack80
    shack80
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Craglorn is a Group Zone, and all the dungeons and delves are set up for Groups. Most of the content is soloable if your not a Stamina Nightblade. Unless you have Vigor, and even then it's going to be a challenge.

Right and wrong. I don't find any diffuculties soloing craglorn with my stamblade, but vigor is a must. Altought I have access to BIS-setup so that makes thinks a lot more easier.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Craglorn confused the heck out of me. I'm a solo PvE player and it supposedly supports solo play. I don't enter dungeons with a 'Group +' thing at the door and the basic quest sent me there so I graded the DLC a fail and left. I get the impression it was a group area that failed so they tried to turn it into a solo area and, best I can figure, did a horrible job. I may go back at some point. Maybe.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Craglorn confused the heck out of me. I'm a solo PvE player and it supposedly supports solo play. I don't enter dungeons with a 'Group +' thing at the door and the basic quest sent me there so I graded the DLC a fail and left. I get the impression it was a group area that failed so they tried to turn it into a solo area and, best I can figure, did a horrible job. I may go back at some point. Maybe.
    Craglorn used to be the "end game" prior to the new DLCs and Vet dungeons added with 1T. Yes, it was a group area, but some changes were made to allow it more solo-friendly.

This was partly due to the fact Nirnhoned is no longer "BiS" when it comes to weapons and armor, but for those who want to complete their crafting lines, they can now do so with a bit of work.

I've only participated in a few group events in Craglorn by group request. Dragonstar Arena is quite fun.

Just a tip: there are many standing about in Belkarth who are looking for either group dungeon runs or grouping to get through the quest. Don't be afraid to walk up and ask someone to group with you. Many have been trying to get the area cleared as well, who aren't the best players and need help.

You could make a new online friend. :smiley:
  • Fleshreaper
    Fleshreaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamblades have the marked ability which will heal you when the target dies, just be sure to put it on the next target. Also, Craglorn has both delve and group delves. Delves as well as story quests should be solo-able.
  • Fleshreaper
    Fleshreaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    shack80 wrote: »

Drop the 1h and shield, stamblade is about dps and burst damage. Use medium armor, bis = Two Fanged Snake, Vicious Ophidian, if you dont have access on those go for Night Mother, Agility Jewelry for example. Vigor is needed coz it's basically only heal you can get. You can get good heal with rally if you use 2-handed weapon, but for PVE your setup should be dualwield/bow.

Night Mother's Embrace or Night Mother's Gaze?
  • rhysrwb17_ESO1
    Now, that being said, the Main Quest for the Zone, both Upper and Lower is certainly soloable. There are two group delves you are sent to that you can run through, and if you die, ghost until the end to get to the objective. There is one boss that is kind of tough, but you can prevail. Please note there are two quests that used to be part of the Main Quest that are no loner required, and still have the group dungeons.

Question on this; I assume the mage quest is still part of this? If so, do you have any hints on how to beat the world bosses to charge the gems, or is there no choice but to group up here?
  • shack80
    shack80
    ✭✭✭
    shack80 wrote: »

Night Mother's Embrace or Night Mother's Gaze?

Gaze. Embrace is only good for pvp even if for that. You can find better sets to wear.
  • shack80
    shack80
    ✭✭✭

Question on this; I assume the mage quest is still part of this? If so, do you have any hints on how to beat the world bosses to charge the gems, or is there no choice but to group up here?

This quest isn't part of the craglorn mainstory. If you need help with the world bosses u can always ask help at the zone chat. Bosses have a change to drop motifs and are quick todo so someone usually comes to aid you.
  • itehache
    itehache
    ✭✭✭✭
    Even though after 1 tamriel patch the main quest in craglorn became soloable, keep in mind that craglorn is still a group area. There are some delves you can solo iirc, however most of the map requires a group.

If you're a stamina NB, your best bet is to get a self heal (vigor from alliance war). You will have to pvp a bit to unlock it but it's totally worth it. It is a heal over time, meaning that you cast it and it keeps healing you for x seconds (can't remember exactly).

Other than that I can just say again to go with a friend, even for the solo areas if you're having trouble.
  • Deadfinger6
    Deadfinger6
    ✭✭✭
    1) group up
    2) be in a group
    3) zone text LFG