Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO Live: May 26 @ 3:00pm EDT"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article "ESO Live: May 26 @ 3:00pm EDT". After we discuss some recent news topics, we'll be joined by Loremaster Lawrence Schick and Zone Lead Zeb Cook to discuss some of the influential groups and people you'll find in Vvardenfell. You won't want to miss our show with these special guests!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zeb two episodes in a row? Lawrence, too? We are being spoiled.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That is an A+, Hall of Fame worthy guest list. Sounds like a very entertaining show is on tap.
  • MrFish024
    MrFish024
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno can you please address what is being done to fix Xbox trials. Why this issue reoccurs with each major update and why it has taken three months to be addressed.
  • GlassHalfFull
    GlassHalfFull
    ✭✭✭✭
    "...its normal time tomorrow, May 26..."

@ZOS_GinaBruno The 26th is two days away it is not tomorrow
    Curiosity is the cure for boredom, there is no cure for curiosity.
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for pointing that out, we have a fix for this, it will be uploaded tomorrow.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Alp
    Alp
    ✭✭✭✭
    Best guests ever.
    Edited by Alp on May 24, 2017 7:58PM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh nice! I am looking forward to this one.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • ViRUSsamtastic
    ViRUSsamtastic
    ✭✭✭
    I Love Zeb <3
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow to famous game writers in one place at the same time ?!

tumblr_lizrr4WFcW1qgcyhl.gif

^ That should be the giveaway @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by Rohamad_Ali on May 24, 2017 8:31PM
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow to famous game writers in one place at the same time ?!

tumblr_lizrr4WFcW1qgcyhl.gif

I heard that you take selfies these days. Go with the times. B)

Looking forward to watching it after work on friday.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • DrSweetazz
    DrSweetazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    MrFish024 wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno can you please address what is being done to fix Xbox trials. Why this issue reoccurs with each major update and why it has taken three months to be addressed.

This
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to hear what Lawrence and Zeb think of this map, where I've marked the geographical regions of Vvardenfell as they appear to be in ESO. There is no indication in-game of where the borders are situated, so this map is based on landscape features and climate patterns.

User-Enodoc-Vvardenfell_Regions.png

There are a few (intentional) differences between this map and the regions that were in TES3:
    • Balmora - Due to the 700-year difference in climate and flora, the vegetation surrounding Balmora more closely matches that found in the Bitter Coast, so I've included Balmora in that region instead of the West Gash.
    • Molag Mar - Again, the surrounding area is much more green than it will be in 700 years time, and Molag Mar matches the landscape and climate of Azura's Coast more than it does Molag Amur.
    • Tel Mora - Vos and Tel Mora seem to basically be two parts of the same settlement in this time period. It's also stated in-game that "Vos and the lands beyond" are ruled from Tel Mora, so I included the whole area as part of the Grazelands instead of Azura's Coast.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the official discussion thread for the blog article "ESO Live: May 26 @ 3:00pm EDT". After we discuss some recent news topics, we'll be joined by Loremaster Lawrence Schick and Zone Lead Zeb Cook to discuss some of the influential groups and people you'll find in Vvardenfell. You won't want to miss our show with these special guests!

In all seriousness, these two gentlemen in the same livestream is F!@#&amp;^! amazing! ....wait, what's a livestream?

Can I just swing by the offices and rais my hand and ask questions about old TSR modules (I'm in the neighbourhood)? ;)

Seriously, I don't look at these things, but I need to see this...
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I Love Zeb <3

yup, since I devoured ORIENTAL ADVENTURES, and the CONAN UNCHAINED module!!!!
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭

they were in a previous episode!?!?! link pls?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they were in a previous episode!?!?! link pls?
    Zeb was in the last one. Lawrence hasn't been in one for months years.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP mudcrabs
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate to do this...

@ZOS_GinaBruno

can we get this stickied please? it's kinda important, thanks.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTB Gina and Jessica Gandalf beards by Friday..
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

Definitely thought it was Thursday all day yesterday... :tired_face:
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Definitely thought it was Thursday all day yesterday... :tired_face:
    Turelus 2 - 1 Gina
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can we post questions here?

The Wise Woman you speak to for the quest to honor the First Ashkhans mentions learning to talk in her water-tongue and I'd kind of like to know what that means.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question for Lawrence and Zeb:
    Why have you taken King Hlaalu Helseth's Imperial banner from TES 3 and supplanted that banner's wolf design on House Indoril? There's no logical connection between a Third Era Imperial-sponsored Hlaalu ruler and the orthodox Tribunal-supporting House Indoril. Beyond that, it clearly states in The Great Houses and Their Uses (a lorebook first introduced in ESO) that Indoril's crest has wings.
  • TheRimOfTheSky
    TheRimOfTheSky
    ✭✭✭✭
    Questions for Lawrence:

Why did House Dagoth, the sixth Great House in the days of the Chimer, have their capital of Kogoruhn in the northern Ashlands of Vvardenfell? The location is surrounded by hills and not that close to the coast, plus it is quite far north and far away from most of Resdayn/Morrowind.

Question for Zeb:

Are there any plans to add Sheogorad or inaccessible parts of the Ashlands in the near future, like how Upper Craglorn was added to Craglorn? If so, will they still be free of charge to access if one has already bought Morrowind?
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My question...
    -Why isn't there any Easter eggs or heck even a new NPC for this memorable TES:3 reference of Tarhiel the falling merchant.

latest?cb=20131004203949

You did create Icarian in Cyrodil, but it would've been awesome to continue this in Morrowind
    latest?cb=20160622064635

Edited by NewBlacksmurf on May 26, 2017 2:57PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My question...
    -Why isn't there any Easter eggs or heck even a new NPC for this memorable TES:3 reference of Tarhiel the falling merchant.

latest?cb=20131004203949

You did create Icarian in Cyrodil, but it would've been awesome to continue this in Morrowind
    latest?cb=20160622064635

I'll be having that proper COLOVIAN FUR HELM from that first pic please
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given that there are 3 sets that give group bonuses to HP/Mag/Stam (Ebon, Worm Cult, Savior), if a group Ult Bonus set was introduced, what lore could potentially be tied to it?
    Edited by Avran_Sylt on May 26, 2017 6:47PM
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Couple questions for Lore master:
    1. In quest to ask Vivecs questions it shows that ancestors knows about Heart of Lorkhan and its being source of ALMSIVI power. Isnt it a bit weaird that spirit was so respectfull to Tribunal that was trying to keep it in secret along with actions on Red Mountain and lied about their origin of power and later after Nerevarine acts when it was revealed, they were called as "false gods" that lied to their people? Couldnt just any spirit of ancestor reveal that Tribunal built on lie to future generations?
    2. Can you tell us more about origin and meaning of Ash Statues and Totems of House Dagoth? In tes 3 it looked like they were used to channel Ur's dark magic and control people, but in ESO it shown that ash statues and totems were already used by members of 6th House even before Ur awekened and had magical powers. Does members of Sixth House were already in some kind of mind control? Does quest "Echoes of Lost House" was influenced by tes 3 books "Poison song"?
    Edited by Cinbri on May 26, 2017 6:56PM