The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Minion addons not showing ingame

MacWhinny
MacWhinny
I'm having some issues with addons not showing ingame, i'm playing on the EU server and have set my minion directory to go through C:\Users\Username\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\liveeu\AddOns
but they still do not show up. Does anyone have any ideas. I've also tried to use curse and NMM and they still don't show up ingame either. I've even manually places the addon in the addon folder and that also doesn't show.
  • Belidos
    Belidos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried putting them into the live folder instead of the liveeu folder?

I always thought that for EU you needed to put them into the liveeu folder, but recently after coming back from a break i was noticing the same as you, addons weren't showing up when put in the eu folder, i put them in the normal live folder and they showed up, maybe somethings changed?
  • MacWhinny
    MacWhinny
    No this still has no effect. Everything i've seen online in forums i've done but nothing i've done up to now has had any effect.

When i go into the setting on minion, i make sure the directory goes to C:\Users\Username\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\liveeu\AddOns

If i go to that location in my files i can see it there with any addons i install from Minion.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you need to stop using the liveeu folder.

The server selection is done a different way now so try the Live folder instead.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• MacWhinny
    MacWhinny
    I tried that when Belidos mentioned it but it still didn't work.

regardless if i put them into the liveeu or live folder they still don't show up ingame.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have they ever shown? (Is this a recent occurrence?) (If any of the addons are older, make sure you have "Allow out of date Addons" checked)

Some of the addons are double-folder zipped, so to speak.

Make sure the folder structure looks like
    • C:\Users\Username\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\liveeu\AddOns\ThisIsAnAddOn\
    with the addon files (lua's and such) underneath the addon named folder

and not
    • C:\Users\Username\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\liveeu\AddOns\ThisIsAnAddOn\ThisIsAnAddon\

(Equally, make sure the folder "(ThisIsAnExampleAddon)" is present, and all the subfiles haven't just been dumped into the AddOns folder directly.)

You might also choose My Documents from the Libraries on the side, just in case it points to an atypical location.

MyDocs.png
    You can then click on the address bar at the top and make sure the full path is what you thought it was.
    My_Docs_Full_Path.png

You can also test this by putting a file (text file or whatever) in the Addons folder that shows under My Documents and see if you can see it when you go to the path you've pointed Minion to.
    Edited by Merlin13KAGL on May 19, 2017 2:52PM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • MacWhinny
    MacWhinny
    errrm nope minion installed them and places them in the selected addon folder. Did double check to make sure they are not folders within a folder.

i've had them working before but this is a fresh install. Had to deal with the launcher epic *** up that zoss mucked up on monday meaning returning and new players couldn't play for 4 days.

And i did what you suggested to copy the location directly from the folder and place it into minion and that still did nothing.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Silly question, but you are reloading the client after the addons are in place, right? They only initially register when you first log in.

You might do a repair from the client, too. Definitely sounds like something is not registering correctly.

If that doesn't work, sounds like a job for customer service (crosses fingers)
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • MacWhinny
    MacWhinny
    yeah reloading after i install them or in out of game anyways.

i installed the game 2 days ago but will give the repair ago.

I sent a ticket off the eso and they said to contact the mod creators as they have nothing to do with it, which is strange to me when they allow addons in the first place they they would just dismiss it right off the bat as not their problem.
  • MacWhinny
    MacWhinny
    OK so i figured out what was going on. eso installed two addon folders and was not looking for addons in the correct location. Way to find out is to search for addons in the search bar. Hope this helps others who have done everything right but still can't figure out why addons are not showing ingame.

ow and don't bother emails eso about it, they will not help. It's a joke. Even when it turns out to be a game installation bug and not something to do with someone else's addon.

only took me 4 days to figure this out, theres one post in a remote bloody forum about this. Now theres two.
    Edited by MacWhinny on May 19, 2017 9:44PM
  • LasrRed
    LasrRed
    ✭✭
    Turn off one drive. It puts your addons in the cloud, not local. Had the same issue
  • MacWhinny
    MacWhinny
    i uninstalled onedrive and it still put it in a different folder, that and after i had uninstalled onedrive i uninstalled minion and eso and reinstalled them both. thats when i found out there was two different addon folders.
  • MacWhinny
    MacWhinny
    The second folder goes to C:\ProgramData\Elder Scrolls Online\live
  • MacWhinny
    MacWhinny
    It had nothing to do with onedrive, but thanks for your imput :smile:
  • Auldjohn
    Auldjohn
    ✭✭✭✭
    MacWhinny wrote: »
    I'm having some issues with addons not showing ingame, i'm playing on the EU server and have set my minion directory to go through C:\Users\Username\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\liveeu\AddOns
    but they still do not show up. Does anyone have any ideas. I've also tried to use curse and NMM and they still don't show up ingame either. I've even manually places the addon in the addon folder and that also doesn't show.

@MacWhinny,

Putting the Minion Add-Ons in your liveeu Add-ons folder should work. As you know, from the Launcher choose EU, then click PLAY to login. In the background, the Launcher or ZOS background process then "activates" EU as your "liveeu" server. If you also have NA, during that process it copies the NA to NA Archive, same for PtS > PTS Archive.

Another tip that may help: before starting Minion, open the Launcher an choose EU. Exit the Launder, then start Minion to check for updates. Exit Minion and login to EU. Once in Tamriel, use {Esc] Settings > Add-ons and be sure the Minion Add-ons are checked (to enable them. Also check Add-On configuration to your preferred settings.

Then Resume to return to Tamriel to see if your Minion Add-ons now appear.

I play on PC, EU, and PTS and have used Minion since first release and have played continuously since early August, 2013 during PC Closed Beta under NDA. This procedure works for me. Hope this helps..

@AuldjohnThe Elder Sages' GuildMaster Sage & Co-Founderfacebook.com/groups/theeldersagesguild
    "Old gamers never die; they just respawn and game on!" • Our Slogan: Have Fun!!

Moot Envoy • Tamriel Foundry Adept • Steam ID Auldjohn
    YouTube auldjohnmastersage • Twitch AuldjohnPCGamer• Steam Group TESGs
  • MacWhinny
    MacWhinny
    Hello Auldjohn

Thank you for your comment.

It wasn't the fact that minion was placing the addons in the wrong folder. It was that ESO had made a totally different folder from the norm that it was looking for addons in. When i found the folder it was looking for them in i was then able to set minion to add them to that folder thus fixing the issue :)