The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Will the Xbox Scorpio make a difference with ESO?

CasualB
CasualB
Soul Shriven
I'm thinking about getting the Xbox Scorpio but will it make a difference to frame drops in PVP and things like that?
  • russb7b14_ESO
    russb7b14_ESO
    ✭✭
    It should, just like when a PC player upgrades their CPU and/or Graphics card the game plays smoother. Scorpio will have a much faster GPU, more Ram, and a better CPU.
    Vokundein
    Vada - Oathsworn of Vokundein
    Legend Gaming Website | Join Us
  • Danny231
    Danny231
    ✭✭✭
    But the xbox one, is still good to play the game on as well, if you cannot get the new xbox!
  • grim_tactics
    grim_tactics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have zero trust in Microsoft but I would imagine it wouldn't make things worse - but who knows ..... it's Microsoft
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't you just post this in general?

No one can answer this as the console hasn't been released. The devs don't even know as they would only have a Dev kit which is far more powerful than the retail system
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on May 11, 2017 10:24PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Excaltic
    Excaltic
    ✭✭✭
    Console Specs:

Xbox Scorpio
    CPU: 2.3GHz 8-core (131%) - GPU: 6 TFLOPS (458%) - RAM: 326GB/s (480%), 12GB GDDR5

PS4 Pro
    CPU: 2.13GHz 8-core (121%) - GPU: 4.12 TFLOPS (314%) - RAM: 218 GB/s (258%), 8GB GDDR5

PS4
    CPU: 1.6GHz 8-core (91%) - GPU: 1.84 TFLOPS (140%) - RAM: 176GB/s (259%), 8GB GDDR4

Xbox One
    CPU: 1.75GHz 8-core (100%) - GPU: 1.31TFLOPS (100%) - RAM: 68GB/s (100%), 8GB GDDR3

So yeah, compared to the Xbox One, the Xbox Scorpio will have:
    - 131% the CPU power
    - 458% the Graphics performance
    - 480% the Memory bandwidth
    - 150% the amount of Memory (for textures)

It will blow the Xbox One out of the water regarding pure performance. Expect to have:
    - No framedrops (and 60fps in 1080p)
    - No invisible textures
    - 4k resolution or superb graphics in 1080p
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, technical figures dont mean much when the game code is full of potatoes
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excaltic wrote: »
    Console Specs:

Xbox Scorpio
    CPU: 2.3GHz 8-core (131%) - GPU: 6 TFLOPS (458%) - RAM: 326GB/s (480%), 12GB GDDR5

PS4 Pro
    CPU: 2.13GHz 8-core (121%) - GPU: 4.12 TFLOPS (314%) - RAM: 218 GB/s (258%), 8GB GDDR5

PS4
    CPU: 1.6GHz 8-core (91%) - GPU: 1.84 TFLOPS (140%) - RAM: 176GB/s (259%), 8GB GDDR4

Xbox One
    CPU: 1.75GHz 8-core (100%) - GPU: 1.31TFLOPS (100%) - RAM: 68GB/s (100%), 8GB GDDR3

So yeah, compared to the Xbox One, the Xbox Scorpio will have:
    - 131% the CPU power
    - 458% the Graphics performance
    - 480% the Memory bandwidth
    - 150% the amount of Memory (for textures)

It will blow the Xbox One out of the water regarding pure performance. Expect to have:
    - No framedrops (and 60fps in 1080p)
    - No invisible textures
    - 4k resolution or superb graphics in 1080p

Specs don't make a game run better it just offers more resources for a developer to utilize in diff ways than before. Also there's been no confirmation regarding a 1080p mode at higher frame rates from ZOS.

Same applies to any platform. Heck the PS4 pro has better specs however this game crashes more on the PS4 pro than the PS4
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on May 12, 2017 11:19AM
  • Excaltic
    Excaltic
    ✭✭✭
    Specs don't make a game run better it just offers more resources for a developer to utilize in diff ways than before. Also there's been no confirmation regarding a 1080p mode at higher frame rates from ZOS.

Same applies to any platform. Heck the PS4 pro has better specs however this game crashes more on the PS4 pro than the PS4

Right now the Xbox One drops to a meager 5 fps when there are two 20 man zergs fighting each other in pvp, you can expect that to be gone, and on just solo mode there will be most likely a graphics upgrade like the PS4 pro, but since the Xbox Scorpio is 50% faster then the PS4 Pro, there is a lot of room for either 60fps optimalisation, or ultra detail with massive draw distances increase on the Xbox Scorpio! :)

Also, don't forget that it's more difficult to transfer PC code to the PS4 then to the Xbox, since the PS4 uses OpenGL and PC and Xbox use the DirectX(box) libraries! That's why I expect the results for the Xbox Sorpio release of ESO to be a lot smoother then the PS4 Pro version.

Also, remember that ESO is one of the few triple A games that uses 1080p on the Xbox One and still retain a high level of image quality and framerate in solo/small group play, which is actually a miracle how the dev's were able to accomplish this! :)

So yeah, I'm expecting the Xbox Scorpio version of ESO to push the game to great highs! :)
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excaltic wrote: »

Right now the Xbox One drops to a meager 5 fps when there are two 20 man zergs fighting each other in pvp, you can expect that to be gone, and on just solo mode there will be most likely a graphics upgrade like the PS4 pro, but since the Xbox Scorpio is 50% faster then the PS4 Pro, there is a lot of room for either 60fps optimalisation, or ultra detail with massive draw distances increase on the Xbox Scorpio! :)

Also, don't forget that it's more difficult to transfer PC code to the PS4 then to the Xbox, since the PS4 uses OpenGL and PC and Xbox use the DirectX(box) libraries! That's why I expect the results for the Xbox Sorpio release of ESO to be a lot smoother then the PS4 Pro version.

Also, remember that ESO is one of the few triple A games that uses 1080p on the Xbox One and still retain a high level of image quality and framerate in solo/small group play, which is actually a miracle how the dev's were able to accomplish this! :)

So yeah, I'm expecting the Xbox Scorpio version of ESO to push the game to great highs! :)

Uhhmmm O K good luck with that
    I really like my Xbox one and all but I don't have a lot of faith in zOS

Heck they don't even utilize most of the Xbox one stuff that would fix their game like

-LFG
    -Xbox Party
    -Arenas
    -Game Club
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why do you all crash? Really not trolling or joking I play on Xbox NA and I have the Xbox one S and I have never crashed I have did the buzzzzzz in my head set but I just unplug and plug it back in I also run Google fiber as well so my upload and download is sitting at 1G for both and I have never had any problems in PVE "trials and all" and none in PVP as well playing in haddy
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    why do you all crash? Really not trolling or joking I play on Xbox NA and I have the Xbox one S and I have never crashed I have did the buzzzzzz in my head set but I just unplug and plug it back in I also run Google fiber as well so my upload and download is sitting at 1G for both and I have never had any problems in PVE "trials and all" and none in PVP as well playing in haddy
    I also do not understand why people crash ..... I have been playing since XB1 release in 06/2015 and 99% of the time I have no crashing or issues with the game ..... lag does exist, but that is the nature of an MMO in highly populated areas .....

I play with the Xbox Elite, not the XB1 S like you. The only difference with the Elite versus the original XB1 is it has an SSD hard drive .....

I am not pointing fingers or blaming anyone ..... I believe the issue is related to the internet connection .....

You really need to play this game on a cat5 connection versus wifi. A lot of players do not .....

MMO's transfer a lot of data to & from the console versus FPS's like Call of Duty, Battlefront, etc. Your character data needs to be sent to the server and your console needs to receive the data from every other player in your area in addition to the game data constantly .....

An in game friend of mine and me were recently discussing the game connection. He sent me his in game screenshot of his network stats from the XB1 network statistics while logged into the game and he was hardwired to cat5. He was at 0.58 Mbps download and 14.3 Mbps upload. The screenshot he sent me still stated he was connected to a wireless connection at 87% strength regardless of the cat5 he connected to the XB1 .....

I told him this what I saw in the screenshot, he disconnected the console from the wifi. This switched him to using the cat5 and his stats changed to 37.61 Mbps download and 25.65 Mbps upload .....

Most people do not realize that the setting and/or firmware in the internet modem can cause issues. There is also other devices connected to wifi you have to share bandwidth .....

There was a major change in his download speed once he switched from wifi to cat5. It is still puzzling to me why his download speeds were less than upload speed on wifi. While still puzzling, it appears to be related to the modem provided by the internet provider.

iI you have an outdated modem from you internet provider, there can be issues. My buddy disabling the wifi and going hardwired increased his performance dramatically as he was hardwired and not using outdated wifi software in his providers modem .....

I do not have most of the issues others posters here have, I do keep my modem software updated. I also checked my network statistics while logged into the game, I have been at 82 Mbps download and 86 upload fairly consistantly .....

Hope this helps players that feel wifi is okay to play this game .....

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Unfadingsilence

My personal experiences are as follows on Xbox one

Daily/weekly for over a year....
    -Walking, running or standing in any major city such as any DLC main city, Craglorn, Orsinium, and all three capitals
    -whenever textures don't load usually in major cities
    -doing any dungeon or trial normal or Vet in a group

Less frequent once or twice a month.....
    -While using the NPC Guild store merchant in towns not traders after searching
    -After being zoned when the activity finder groups me and sends me any dungeon
    -Crafting or deconstruction armor and weapons
    -crafting food/potions anywhere

Things I've tried.....
    -Three different consoles (all new)
    -two different external HDs
    -uninstalling and re downloading
    -deleting save files
    -playing wired or wireless
    -keeping HD internal and external both under 30% as far as storage
    -deleting all screen shots and vids on Xbox live down to 10% use
    -using Xbox with and without standby mode
    -hard resets weekly to be proactive

My ISP:
    Google Fiber 1gig
    -played with and without port forwarding
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on May 17, 2017 1:12PM
  • Krayzie
    Krayzie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a scorpio and still crash the same amount.

I guess the people that aren't crashing don't go to Cyrodiil or any crowded cities
    I'm a PVE roleplayer concerned about my vampires stage 4 skin tone and keep getting load screens so I came here to distract people from major issues with a rant thread about my characters cosmetic appearance.
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Krayzie wrote: »
    I have a scorpio and still crash the same amount.

I guess the people that aren't crashing don't go to Cyrodiil or any crowded cities

I thought Scorpio was not getting released until the 2017 holiday season. How do you have one already?

I don't go to Cyrodill, but go to crowded cities all the time like Wayrest, Craglorn & Rawl'kha with no crashing .....
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe SCORPIO will fix the texture pop issues that have been in the game forever?
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe SCORPIO will fix the texture pop issues that have been in the game forever?

Doubt it the console wont fix anything.

ZOS would need to