The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Recent FPS Issue

Yiko
Yiko
✭✭✭✭✭
MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012)
Processor: 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
GFX: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB
Running Sierra 10.12.4

I have always had FPS issues with ESO. I'm not very technologically literate when it comes to computer optimization in regards to game performance. I know Macs aren't meant for gaming, but that's my best option currently. I run that game on low settings, with things such as Shadows, Bloom, Grass, etc turned off & maximum particle systems/particle suppression systems at the lowest setting. SubSampling is at High while Textures is at Medium. I run the addons LUIextended (only the part changing the interface), KillCounter, and S'rendar. Anyways, I recently learned that I could significantly boost my in-game performance by switching to a 1024x640 resolution scale in my display options from the default 1440x900. This brought me from around 6-18 fps in average fights to around 15-35 fps. However, the past few days I've logged in, I've been around 6-12 fps in any combat situation even with the resolution changed, rendering the game generally unplayable for me.

I was wondering:
1) Have there been any recent changes that would impact my FPS in such a way?
2) Is there anything practical I can do with my computer in general to positively impact my game's performance in a meaningful way?

Thanks!
Edited by Yiko on May 18, 2017 7:59PM
  • MrBrightGamer
    MrBrightGamer
    Soul Shriven
    Crazy thing about this post is that I made a similar one recently. I received no word back and asked support. They were incredibly patient and helpful.

Basically one fix that may work is to port-forward your game so that ESO can run better. You can find that info here.

Next step would be to make sure you're on the latest software update Mac OS has provided.

Other than that, there really isn't anything else because we have the same machine other than the graphics card being 512mb for me, and no retina display. I'm also running Sierra 10.12.5 instead of 10.12.4 like you, and have a 2.6GHz intel core i7 processor. Basically in one of the recent patches, the ESO team has changed the engine they were using, so they changed the minimum requirements needed to run ESO. Unfortunately I was one of those poor suckers who has an outdated machine. The only thing that can help you now is to get a new one.

If you want more professional help, I would contact the support team.
    Edited by MrBrightGamer on May 20, 2017 6:41AM
  • Yiko
    Yiko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crazy thing about this post is that I made a similar one recently. I received no word back and asked support. They were incredibly patient and helpful.

Basically one fix that may work is to port-forward your game so that ESO can run better. You can find that info here.

Next step would be to make sure you're on the latest software update Mac OS has provided.

Other than that, there really isn't anything else because we have the same machine other than the graphics card being 512mb for me, and no retina display. I'm also running Sierra 10.12.5 instead of 10.12.4 like you, and have a 2.6GHz intel core i7 processor. Basically in one of the recent patches, the ESO team has changed the engine they were using, so they changed the minimum requirements needed to run ESO. Unfortunately I was one of those poor suckers who has an outdated machine. The only thing that can help you now is to get a new one.

If you want more professional help, I would contact the support team.

Thank you for the insightful reply. I'm not sure what the problem was, but my game started running normally again on its own. I'm back to 20-40fps, which is definitely playable for me. Just wish I knew what the issue actually was.
  • alterfenixeb17_ESO
    alterfenixeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    If by combat situations you mean Cyrodiil then yes, at least on Trueflame periodically it becomes heavy problem as of recent.