Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

When should I start veteran dungeons?

bogustech
bogustech
Topic
Son, Brother, Husband, Father, Frequent Farter

Best Answers

• runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There's 2 ways of looking at it.

If you've only got 1 character you might want to start right away to get the Undaunted skill line leveled. It'll take time to find a group and learn the mechanics, though.

If you're looking at it from the point of view of getting the loot I'd say it's a complete waste of time until CP 160. It's annoying enough to grind once so you may not feel like doing it again once you hit the CP cap. And the level of the gear very much does matter at endgame.
    Answer ✓
  • Romilly
    Romilly
    ✭✭✭
    Necroing this thread, let me just say, FG I is easy, but FG II seemed un-pugable, at least as a fresh 160, I just died a thousand times at the second boss, even when we knew the mechanics.
    Answer ✓
  • AtraisMachina
    AtraisMachina
    ✭✭✭
    after you look at a build online and get 150 or 160 gear and can use skills in rotation which you can learn from build videos
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you've done all of the Group Dungeons at least twice and are confident of your ability to perform your chosen role.

Note that the only difference between Normal and Veteran Dungeons now is that Veteran Dungeons drop a helm, and Hard Mode gives you two Undaunted keys instead of one. Therefore, you shouldn't be thinking of trying e.g. Veteran Crypt of Hearts II until you've successfully completed Normal Crypt of Hearts II a couple of times.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    baratron wrote: »
    When you've done all of the Group Dungeons at least twice and are confident of your ability to perform your chosen role.

Note that the only difference between Normal and Veteran Dungeons now is that Veteran Dungeons drop a helm, and Hard Mode gives you two Undaunted keys instead of one. Therefore, you shouldn't be thinking of trying e.g. Veteran Crypt of Hearts II until you've successfully completed Normal Crypt of Hearts II a couple of times.

Yeah, I dunno the point of doing a dungeon on Veteran if you're not gonna do "hard mode" completing normal vs veteran non hard mode makes no difference in reward (other than helm drop)
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Amp151
    Amp151
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say find out which are easiest. Pull up a guide to said dungeon/s and start your own learning group. That's how I learned.
    Some are very hard some are pretty easy.
    If you can't pull your weight, go back to the drawing board and see where you can improve.

If you just want to que up wait until v160 and que up and see what happens.

Don't be discouraged by elite ppl who only want to play with the best of the best, cause it's going to happen. Most people are pretty friendly if you tell them you haven't done something before.
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd do them in normal mode first like others suggest and then move to veteran mode dungeons later, but no earlier than CP 160. It would be rotten to get the perfect monster helm only scaled to CP 90. Also if you search other threads people like having higher CP group members for the DLC vet dungeons.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    baratron wrote: »

Yeah, I dunno the point of doing a dungeon on Veteran if you're not gonna do "hard mode" completing normal vs veteran non hard mode makes no difference in reward (other than helm drop)

If you're just farming the helm then it makes no sense to do hard mode...
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• BlanketFort
    BlanketFort
    ✭✭✭✭
    From my experience, it was definitely hard PUGing at CP 160. But that was probably for the better, as I was still learning and had many L2P issues.
    I've grown up a bit, now CP 199 and I did vet FG1 several times last night for the first time since 1T. I know vet FG1 is easy (certainly felt that way) but it made me proud and now I won't hesitate to give other non-DLC vet dungeons a go.
    If you feel confident with your build and rotation, I'd say go for it. But it would be advisable to wait until 160cp for the drops, and also because of what someone above mentioned: elitism.
    As for vet DLC dungeons... I'd wait a bit more. That content is tough.
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    completing normal vs veteran non hard mode makes no difference in reward (other than helm drop)

There's another difference: Vet (hard and non-hard) drops purple jewelry, normal drops blue.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP