Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO: Morrowind Early Access Details"

• sickboy2808
    sickboy2808
    ✭✭✭
    Ohhhh so close and really cant wait now. I was going to hold off until 6th June but then thought ah why wait til then :) Probs still take me about a year to finish the content due to lack of game time but i will enjoy it
    Edited by sickboy2808 on May 18, 2017 3:09PM
    ZOS takes cheating very Lightly. You have been warned, and any cheaters found out will get the Least punishment possible...
  • Goatman2006
    Do you think we will get to see the potential pet sorc upcoming patch notes before May 22? It's the only variable I can't test at the moment since most of the other class skill changes have already been included in the PTS.
  • Sablefogg
    Sablefogg

majulook wrote: »
    Two questions:
    From the article it sounded rather like you'd just be cut off from Morrowind's new areas and the battlegrounds after June 8 until you entered the code. I'm curious if this then means you'd be locked out of any warden characters created as well. @ZOS_GinaBruno ?
    If you think you may run into an issue and won't be able to apply the code within the two day grace period, please contact Support as soon as you can with the details.

Gina, we have already contacted customer support with the details and they told us effectively "too bad, so sad" you will not be able to access Morrowind after June 8th unless you put in the physical code (even though we can show a shipment arrival date around the 20th). My husbands ticket number and the customer service response are below. They also told us to come to the forums if we needed to say anything else. To put it mildly, we are not happy. To think that we must be cut off from Morrowwind play from June 8th until his shipment arrives overseas on June 20th or so is upsetting. We are BIG fans of this game and want to play it!

Right now it seems to us like the only option is to cancel the physical collectors edition and order the Digital edition. This is also unhappy making.

You have said here in your response that we should contact customer support with the details. We've already done that. Here is the ticket number. Has something changed? Here is the ticket support # and the answer we got. #170512-002855
    "Since you have been approved for early access, you will receive early access until the 8th of June, you will then lose access to Morrowind (and it's related content) until you can enter in your physical copy code. Once you have received your copy and redeemed your code you will then be able to access Morrowiwnd again, unfortunately due to your long shipping time this will be unavoidable :(. You will not be blocked from ESO, only Morrowind until you are able to apply your Morrowind Code :).
    Hopefully the week or so you don't have Morrowiwnd access will go by quickly!"

Help?
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    When is the NDA being lifted?
    The moment live server goes down for maintenance?
    The moment live server is back online?
    There will be separate notification/announcement declaring end of NDA?
  • Raventh
    Raventh
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I'd say that a good rule of thumb is that the moment you get in the game you're free to say what you want until then keep checking for NDA drop
    PC-NA

LVL47 AD-Khajiit StamBlade Ra'venth

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raventh wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I'd say that a good rule of thumb is that the moment you get in the game you're free to say what you want until then keep checking for NDA drop

It will be lifted on Monday, May 22, when the server comes up. I think that is pretty much clear, at this point.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • perogwin_ESO
    perogwin_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Any word on discount respecs yet?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    @MaximusDargus The simple answer is that Live is not under NDA anyway. Because of that, it's probably irrelevant when the NDA is lifted on the PTS. Consider that many things that occurred on PTS under the NDA remain under NDA indefinitely, and you will never be allowed to talk about "what it was like on PTS".
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

The NDA will be lifted once the servers are online for Early Access.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Decon98b16_ESO
    Decon98b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Early "ACCESS"
    Not early playability being said
    I have been in other mmos that have used that wording. Since the early access players are game testers do not be surprised that you end up with starting a playable character 2 days prior to release.
    Edited by Decon98b16_ESO on May 18, 2017 5:17PM
  • flamingspirit3_ESO
    I just got a confirmation from Gamestop that they will, in fact, be sending codes for the digital Morrowind upgrade and digital collectors Morrowind upgrade on May 22 as per the early release. So, anyone who preordered their digital upgrade from Gamestop, you will be able to participate in the early release. (It now states so also on the product details for these two products on their website).
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Early "ACCESS"
    Not early playability being said
    I have been in other mmos that have used that wording. Since the early access players are game testers do not be surprised that you end up with starting a playable character 2 days prior to release.

This doesn't make a whole lot of sense... Morrowind is going LIVE to PC players who pre-ordered it... LIVE is LIVE, it is not PTS. It isn't like Early Access is going to be on a completely different server, it's just that those PC players who don't have Morrowind won't have access to it, just like a DLC that they haven't purchased.
    Edited by ADarklore on May 18, 2017 6:36PM
    CP: 1930 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

Yes, we are planning to have cheap respecs.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Decon98b16_ESO
    Decon98b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

For all ESO players or just Morrowind subscribers?
    Also, will it be a limited time thing or it is there for you to use it once?

Thank for your attention and response in these matters
    Edited by Decon98b16_ESO on May 18, 2017 7:54PM
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Per recent ESO live, there will also be an automatic reset of Champion Points. Will this occur for the players getting early access?
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • Ethoir
    Ethoir
    ✭✭✭
    Per recent ESO live, there will also be an automatic reset of Champion Points. Will this occur for the players getting early access?

The CP reset occurs for everyone when the Early Access patch lands next Monday. This should also apply to the cheap respecs.

Edited by Ethoir on May 19, 2017 1:43AM
    Participant in the Sanguine's Tester beta group since November 2013.
  • alceleniel
    alceleniel
    ✭✭✭
    If you think you may run into an issue and won't be able to apply the code within the two day grace period, please contact Support as soon as you can with the details.

@ZOS_GinaBruno: Could you maybe think about extending those two days. In Germany (and some other European countries) the 5th of June is a holiday so Amazon probably won't send the CE before the 6th (at least with standard delivery). My estimated delivery date is the 7th. It usually should arrive in time but you never know ;)

• sickboy2808
    sickboy2808
    ✭✭✭
    Im mostly looking forward to the maps we get. Although they probably will contain nothing more than junk, i just love finding hidden treasure chests and seeing whats inside them. Oh and exploring the new Zone
    ZOS takes cheating very Lightly. You have been warned, and any cheaters found out will get the Least punishment possible...
  • blur
    blur
    ✭✭✭✭

Why the hell are they not free? You made major changes like this and we have to pay to spec out? ROFL...
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirXploit wrote: »
    Any idea on what time the server will be patch and we can officially start playing?
    It will be sometime in the morning, likely before 10am EDT.

I hate to be one to disagree with a community manager, but I think that you are being too optimistic about the time. I have yet to see a major patch going live before noon EDT. There is almost always a technical glitch. Still looking forward to seeing the game with Morrowind.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any idea on what time the server will be patch and we can officially start playing?
    I hate to be one to disagree with a community manager, but I think that you are being too optimistic about the time. I have yet to see a major patch going live before noon EDT. There is almost always a technical glitch. Still looking forward to seeing the game with Morrowind.
    There was talk that they might be starting maintenance Sunday evening. If they do, they're more likely to be ready for Monday morning, I guess.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Caradawc
    Caradawc
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    There was talk that they might be starting maintenance Sunday evening. If they do, they're more likely to be ready for Monday morning, I guess.

That'd be great if they did that, as an EU player I rarely get to enjoy big updates until the day after they drop.
  • Mutey
    Mutey
    ✭✭
    In my account it still says 'Purchase will grant access to all game content, including the base game, on June 6th 2017.'

I assume this has just not been changed to reflect the fact early access is now being offered?
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mutey wrote: »
    In my account it still says 'Purchase will grant access to all game content, including the base game, on June 6th 2017.'

I assume this has just not been changed to reflect the fact early access is now being offered?

PC NA, mine doesn't show a date, just ESO Morrowind digital edition. I redeemed my physical box preorder through the form.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • RedWarrior72
    RedWarrior72
    ✭✭

10am EDT on the 22nd???...why couldn't it be preloaded like most other games do? Just the DLC, not the patch. Most games have you pre-load so that you can start playing right out of the gate. Not wait till early access starts and then have to wait another 2-12 hours depending on dl speed.

• JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you own ESO before Morrowind? Early Access is only for upgrades.
  • Shogunami
    Shogunami
    ✭✭✭✭

I bought the upgrade, as I've owned ESO since beta. I also get this message "Purchase will grant access to all game content, including the base game, on June 6th 2017.". It makes me worried, because I need that early access.

Could ZOS please confirm that we will get the early access?

ZOS says:
    "Early Access is automatically available for players who purchase the Digital Upgrade or Digital Collector's Edition Upgrade versions of ESO: Morrowind for PC/Mac any time prior to launch. If you purchased the Physical Collector's Edition for PC, read on to see how you can join the Early Access event."

I sure hope this is right.
    Edited by Shogunami on May 20, 2017 8:30AM
    -
    "I think Orcs first turned a bear head into food because it looks amazing." -Orzorga.
  • Mutey
    Mutey
    ✭✭

Yep, I have played since original beta testing, own original games and am a subscriber.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shogunami wrote: »

I bought the upgrade, as I've owned ESO since beta. I also get this message "Purchase will grant access to all game content, including the base game, on June 6th 2017.". It makes me worried, because I need that early access.

Could ZOS please confirm that we will get the early access?

ZOS says:
    "Early Access is automatically available for players who purchase the Digital Upgrade or Digital Collector's Edition Upgrade versions of ESO: Morrowind for PC/Mac any time prior to launch. If you purchased the Physical Collector's Edition for PC, read on to see how you can join the Early Access event."

I sure hope this is right.

If you're on PC, log into your ZOS account and on the account summary page it should state 'Morrowind'... mine says, "THE ELDER SCROLLS® ONLINE: MORROWIND® DIGITAL COLLECTOR'S EDITION". I know on PTS I have full access to Morrowind, so I know Early Access will be applied on Live.
    CP: 1930 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • HazardousMetal
    A bit late to ask but if I pre-order the Digital Deluxe Edition of Morrowind on Steam, will I get early access?