The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Need help with my first master writ please

Pink_E_808
Pink_E_808
✭✭✭✭
Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum and am hoping someone can help. I got my first master writ a couple of weeks ago and after crafting it twice, still haven't received credit for the item. I was tasked to create an infused Twilight's Embrace ruby ash lightening staff in the Akaviri style. I had everything I needed to craft except the style, which I went into Cyrodiil and busted my butt for a few days to get the motif (for the first time really doing PvP as I was scared of it before, lol). After the first time I made it and it didn't work, I read about some others issues and followed a suggestion, making it a champ level 160 instead of level 150, as that was the only thing I could find that I may have done wrong, and still nothing. When I asked ESO support about it thinking it was bugged, they said it seemed like I didn't 'select' the appropriate set, even though I told them I went to the Twilight's Embrace crafting station in Grahtwood, at Vinewood Lodge, to make it. I was under the impression that in order to craft a particular set, you had to make that item at the proper crafting station? I have enough traits for lightning staves to make items there, at least 5, and it looks like pics of the Akaviri style staves I've seen. I'll try to add a pic of mine later once I can get a link, but does anyone have any other suggestions? I was soooo excited to get and do my first master writ and have literally put off everything else in order to get it done. Thank you in advance for any suggestions!!

Edited to add pic, it's not the best but I hope y'all can see it well enough...
https://goo.gl/photos/w983yCkt8Hn14w177
Edited by Pink_E_808 on May 16, 2017 7:35PM

Best Answer

• Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah that's mosdef not a Twilight's Embrace staff. You'll probably need to go back to the set station and make super sure you're on the tab for the set weapons. When you create it, the name will be Lightning Staff of Twilight's Embrace or something to that effect.

Here's a page that has some screenshots of what the set station looks like. (Scroll down a bit to find them.) You want the icons with the triangles behind them that say "Set Apparel" or "Set Weapons."
    Edited by Ilsabet on May 16, 2017 9:28PM
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
    Answer ✓
  • MAEK
    MAEK
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you sure you did it in the set (you can craft non-set items at set crafting stations)? Did you upgrade it to the right level (green, blue etc.)?
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Two thoughts:

1) Did you improve the quality to the level asked for by the writ? The quest won't be marked as complete until it's at the right quality.

2) I'm pretty sure that bound items won't be taken by the writ, in order to make sure that people's equipped gear isn't accidentally consumed if it happens to match the writ requirements. So if you put it on (as I see you did in the picture) before trying to turn it in, that may be why it wasn't accepted.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
  • Pink_E_808
    Pink_E_808
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, I forgot to put that it was Epic and yes, I did improve it up to that. I had read somewhere that if I equipped it, it wouldn't count, I only equipped it to show what it looked like and am totally willing to try it again. It must be something with the set, but how do I get that right? Support couldn't answer that question for me, of course, and I totally understand, but how DO I craft it in the set other than using the right station? Support told me I may not have 'selected' the right set, how do I do that? I'd never done a certain set before. Thank you!!!
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can you post a picture of the popup description of the staff?
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
  • MAEK
    MAEK
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is the staff called lightning staff of twilight's embrace or just lightning staff? If just lightning staff then you have crafted a normal staff at a set station. Set stations will have multiple tabs, similairly to the weapons and armor tabs for woodworking and blacksmithing, and you have to choose the right tab for it to be a set item.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pink_E_808 wrote: »
    I had read somewhere that if I equipped it, it wouldn't count, I only equipped it to show what it

Just so you know, equipping an item you make binds it to you, even if you only have it equipped for a second. I don't know if that would prevent the Master Writ from completing. But you should see the completion text scroll. If the Binding does negate the item for the writ, it will reset your journal as if you never made it. But, we can sell to NPC's Bound items, so not sure.

Now, from your Pic, I am going to assume you are on PC. If so, go get the Lazy Writ Crafter Mod as it will make Master Writ Items for you, really nice as you don't make mistakes like trait or style or set.

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1346-DolgubonsLazyWritCrafter.html

Edited by Nestor on May 16, 2017 8:24PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Pink_E_808
    Pink_E_808
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for all the responses!

I'll have to get on a bit later when my kiddos are napping to see about the tab thing. I thought I looked for an option to choose the set when I made the second one, but I must have missed it and hadn't found any other info explaining how that could be done.
    I'm actually on PS4, if that makes any difference?
    I did know that if I equipped it that it may not count. Since it didn't after I made it, I only equipped it yesterday for the first time to get the pic. I only need another goldscale to craft the item again and can get one through one of my guilds banks, so I don't mind trying again. I am determined!!, lol.
    I'll post a couple pics of the other info in a couple minutes (just in case), I'm on my phone and it's a little weird posting pic links here...
  • Pink_E_808
    Pink_E_808
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here's the pop-up of what I made:

https://goo.gl/photos/kXkXzeJ2QarwPagK6
  • Pink_E_808
    Pink_E_808
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Pink_E_808
    Pink_E_808
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sweeeeet!!!, I'm so excited to go try again!! Thank you all, I think that my question has been answered!! I've been so despondent and disappointed, I've been taking my aggression out in Cyrodiil the past couple weeks, though not very well yet, lol. So much fun though!
    Edited by Pink_E_808 on May 16, 2017 9:32PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Master Writ Quest does not help as it says, Crafter a Ruby Ash Staff....not a Ruby Ash Staff of Twilight's Embrace so it is easy to miss the Set you need to craft.

However, if you just use the assumption that any and all Master Equipment Crafting Writs are going to require a set item at CP150, then you will be ahead of the game, at least for making sure of this.

On the PC, if I leave the crafting station and come back, it goes back to the item I have qued up so I do this to double check what I am about to make. Even then, I make the item, then double check again before I do any improvements. So, the old adage of measure twice, cut once applies, only here it is read the quest twice, que the item up, double check the item, then make it, then triple check it, then improve it.

One thing to note, the game will accept items you make with the universal style mats from the Crown Store.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Pink_E_808
    Pink_E_808
    ✭✭✭✭
    It worked!!! I found the tab for the set creation, guess I didn't look that hard after all, lol. Thank you everyone for all your help!!
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Glad it worked out. :)
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA