Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

How to get certain runestones?

dueldragon
dueldragon
✭✭
I've been getting the same runestones over and over again, maybe a few like Denata Kuta etc' come up, but for example i only got Rakeipa once, am i just unlucky, will be better off buying from other players, or is it there a different way you need to get them?
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runestones are random (and definitely hold onto those Kuta stones - they're extremely rare!). Over time, you'll have more than enough to craft pretty much any type of glyph or do your daily writs.

I'm going to assume you're new to the game, or at least a low level: just grab every runestone you see. They're lit up, so they're easy to see. Yes, it's a pain to grab them, but you'll have to if you want enchanting to level 50. Grab them all, including the "Ta" stones. You can always whittle down your inventory later.

Good luck! :smile:
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like just bad luck, they(well Essence ones at least) are mostly random. Well I think some are a bit more rare than others(or just get used more) but not THAT much. Aspect ones(the round ones that come in different colors) do have a varying rarity due to the different quality, Ta being by far the most frequent one whereas Kuta is pretty rare. Potency(square ones) is based on your level/enchanting level.

Only other way to get runes is to deconstruct glyphs you find on monsters/in chests sometimes. Well and enchanting writ rewards you with either a Kuta or an enchanting survey sometimes which has several rich enchanting nodes so that helps.

There's one exception, it's Essence rune Hakeijo. This one can only be bought in Imperial City in Cyrodiil for 5k tel var(well or bought off the players who bought it there). It provides some pretty interesting boosts, for example making an armor glyph with it makes a glyph that increases all 3 attributes rather than just one, albeit by a lesser value than a "proper" glyph. It's great for tanks.
  • EleonoraCrendraven
    EleonoraCrendraven
    ✭✭✭
    Level up enchanting and get the hireling passive. With this you will get new runes every 24 hours. At rank 2 and 3 you have an increased chance to get rarer runestones.