Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Question on Last Boss in Vet Vault of Madness

flguy147ub17_ESO
flguy147ub17_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
Since i have came back to the game i have done this dungeon 3 times and its super easy but the last boss i am missing something cause i have died twice out of the 3 times. So the first part i know that you stay out of the circle around him and you are safe but the last 20% or so he puts the big bubble shield around him. I have been inside it and died and outside it and died. So what is the mechanic on that last 20%, should i be inside the bubble or outside? Thanks.
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If there's a bunch of debris floating around outside the bubble it's not a good idea to be out there. You may have died from adds or something.
  • Jciampi
    Jciampi
    ✭✭✭
    If this is the boss I'm thinking of you need to be in the bubble when it's one color/type as that's the safe area. And outside the bubble when it's the other color/type. If you're losing health and you're outside the bubble. Go into it. If you're losing health and you're in the bubble go outside it.
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    He doesn't have a specific mechanic for low health, he simply does one of the 2 bubble things randomly(so you might sometimes only get one and never the other which could be confusing).

One of the mechanics is breaking the glass, it looks so gorgeous, probably most beautiful mechanic in game...ahm back on topic...the stained glass in all the windows will explode and the shards come flying around, this is when you want to be under that bubble he makes as it's safe.

The other one is releasing souls or something, he also makes the bubble around himself then but it's different, the floor inside it will be that lilac/purple colour and kind of ghosts will start flying through it, that's when you do NOT want to be there as they hurt. I think the main cue is that floor color, if it's not purple inside the bubble, get in there. If you see it turn purple under you, GET OUT.
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The bubble you go inside. The purple floor with ghouls going up stay away.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My problem in that fight -- in vet mode much more than in normal -- is that when it's time to flee the ghosts, I may have a strong slow on me. What's the mechanic to that? Desecrated ground from killing adds? A fixed radius around the boss? Something else?
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My problem in that fight -- in vet mode much more than in normal -- is that when it's time to flee the ghosts, I may have a strong slow on me. What's the mechanic to that? Desecrated ground from killing adds? A fixed radius around the boss? Something else?

There is a desecrated ground that the boss randomly spawns beneath one player's feet, yeah. But I've never experienced that being an issue, just dodge roll out of it once and you should be fine. The damage it does ain't really high.

The main thing to remember about that boss: Know when to hide in the bubble and when to move away from the boss. Kill the adds if they don't die to aoe/ground-dots.
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • flguy147ub17_ESO
    flguy147ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is what i thought, but last time i did it, i was in the bubble and died. That is why i was confused. Maybe it bugged out or something. I know its the pledge today so this is why i was asking and i hate doing dungeons without understand a mechanic lol.
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This is what i thought, but last time i did it, i was in the bubble and died. That is why i was confused. Maybe it bugged out or something. I know its the pledge today so this is why i was asking and i hate doing dungeons without understand a mechanic lol.

Sometimes you get a red aoe on the floor. It has like skeletons trying to claw at you. It's stupidly hard to spot when that bubble is up.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!