Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO: Morrowind Early Access Details"

• Larry78
    Larry78
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , just got THE ELDER SCROLLS® ONLINE: MORROWIND® DIGITAL EDITION( Upgraded ), and ..if i understand correctly i have no access, or If i'll have no access on anything just cuz i need Collectors Edition??? Are u kidding me ZOS? I will demand my money back OR...correct me if Im wrong.
    EDIT, i didnt saw "OR", everything is ok, sorry and thanks
    Edited by Larry78 on May 11, 2017 11:04PM
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two questions:

1. Will double bank space for ESO+ start on May 22?
    2. Will the additional items that come with the Morrowind purchase (horse, pet, maps etc...) be availble on May 22?
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    majulook wrote: »
    Two questions:

2. Will the additional items that come with the Morrowind purchase (horse, pet, maps etc...) be availble on May 22?

First one... I would expect it.

Second one... no reason to think that they won't be available on May 22
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Larry78 wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , just got THE ELDER SCROLLS® ONLINE: MORROWIND® DIGITAL EDITION( Upgraded ), and ..if i understand correctly i have no access, or If i'll have no access on anything just cuz i need Collectors Edition??? Are u kidding me ZOS? I will demand my money back OR...correct me if Im wrong.

As per the announcement/statements made by Gina, if you have the digital edition, you have early access automatically.

The form is only for those that ordered physical (I assume digital as well) copies via Amazon or some other retailer besides ZoS
    Edited by Katahdin on May 11, 2017 11:18PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • iEvilJunk
    iEvilJunk
    ✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    Glad I have not pre-ordered. This will give me a couple weeks with base game patch and see if PvE combat is as much of a mess on live as it looks on paper (and is on PTS). If all the Trials/Dungeons/VMA/VDSA turn into heavy attacks online or take twice as long to complete due to low DPS/high sustain builds becoming mandatory, I'll know it before Morrowind truly goes "live". It is like a PC sneak preview to let us decide if we want to buy Morrowind or not. If PvE combat is a mess, why bother buying new Chapter of a game that is likely to lose my interest and that I stop playing? But if combat isn't too bad and PvE combat remains fairly fluid and action-oriented, I'll be able to buy Morrowind with total confidence that it is money well spent.
    No, on May 22 the base game will be patched.

• Larry78
    Larry78
    ✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    Larry78 wrote: »

As per the announcement/statements made by Gina, if you have the digital edition, you have early access automatically.

The form is only for those that ordered physical (I assume digital as well) copies via Amazon or some other retailer besides ZoS

Thank you
  • YSTREB
    YSTREB
    And... we have answer about steam pre-order!
    Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online team.

If you purchased the ESO: Morrowind Digital Upgrade or Digital Collector's Upgrade from Steam, you will automatically have access to ESO: Morrowind on May 22nd.

Other retailers have been authorized to release keys for access on May 22nd. Please contact the store where you made your purchase for additional information.
    Thx to game support team!
    My Steam
    UserID @YSTREB | PC/EU
  • Shamus44
    Shamus44
    ✭✭
    YSTREB wrote: »
    And... we have answer about steam pre-order!
    Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online team.

If you purchased the ESO: Morrowind Digital Upgrade or Digital Collector's Upgrade from Steam, you will automatically have access to ESO: Morrowind on May 22nd.

Other retailers have been authorized to release keys for access on May 22nd. Please contact the store where you made your purchase for additional information.
    Thx to game support team!

Thank you for finding out :)
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    We'll be leaving EU characters on the PTS.

harlfip.0.gif

Thank you for the addition to my collection of Jim Harbaugh gifs.

Here's another one that might be appropriate for some people in this situation:

jimharbaughtantrum.gif
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The_Saint wrote: »
    Cinbri wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    does it mean that since May22 there will be no more changes on pts, i.e. all changes(class, etc.) solidifed before eary access starts?

We will not be updating the PTS once Early Access begins; next week will be the last patch. That said, we may make additional tweaks before Morrowind's launch in June.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    On monday EU chars will stay then or NA copy again?
    We'll be leaving EU characters on the PTS.

Cinbri wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    What for people purchased Morrowind Upgrade from retailers. Can people sign the form with proove of purchase to get early access?
    No, the form is strictly for Physical CEs.

@ZOS_GinaBruno will a Cyrodiil campaign be open on the PTS next week?

@ZOS_BrianWheeler

Edited by Psilent on May 12, 2017 5:53PM
  • SirXploit
    SirXploit
    Soul Shriven
    Any idea on what time the server will be patch and we can officially start playing?
    Jiub: Wake Up. We're Here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up. Stand up. There you go. You were dreaming. What's your name?
  • trav2609rwb17_ESO
    trav2609rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    SirXploit wrote: »
    Any idea on what time the server will be patch and we can officially start playing?

Usually the best advice is not to plan anything for day one of a major patch - one does not know how long it will take to apply (some patch updates have been smooth and some have been bumpy) and then the size of the update. Also at go live time be careful of the stampede. Usually with network on my side I usually only end up playing the day after unless very lucky.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Aixy
    Aixy
    ✭✭✭
    I correctly understood that "Morrowind® Upgrade" and "Morrowind® Digital Collector's Edition Upgrade" versions (from ESO Store) give early access? ty alot !
  • JonnytheKing
    JonnytheKing
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

OK WHAT THE HELL IS GOING with people that pre-orderd from a local game store , i have bought 2 full collectors additions 1 for me and 1 for my misses , so what is going on , how do i get early access . and if i cant its so wrong by ZOS , im so confused by all of this

So all the info is here eso-morrowind-early-access-details.htm , it should of been more clear
    Edited by JonnytheKing on May 15, 2017 10:59PM
    TWITCH jtk__gaming
    GM of Elder-Skills DC PVP Guild NA
    Main Toons
    MagSorc
    MagTemp
  • DCanadianBacon
    DCanadianBacon
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

OK WHAT THE HELL IS GOING with people that pre-orderd from a local game store , i have bought 2 full collectors additions 1 for me and 1 for my misses , so what is going on , how do i get early access . and if i cant its so wrong by ZOS , im so confused by all of this

Please answer this question. There are many people wondering this very same thing, and can't seem to find a straight answer from any official sources.
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Can you confirm if additional character slots are coming for early access launch? Thanks

PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

So all the info is here eso-morrowind-early-access-details.htm , it should of been more clear
    @JonnytheKing

There is no "OK WHAT THE HELL IS GOING" ..... did you bother to take time to read the ZOS announcement released ?????

If you purchased the PC/Mac Physical Collector's Edition, you need to follow the instructions in the announcement. You will be required to "provide proof of pre-order or pre-purchase for your physical PC/Mac ESO: Morrowind Collector's Edition". It does not state that the proof of purchase is needed from certain retailers. So if you have proof of purchase, there should be no issues .....
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Can you confirm if additional character slots are coming for early access launch? Thanks

Second this question. Without it I'll probably just wait for my CE box to arrive from Amazon.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • sickboy2808
    sickboy2808
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Just simply fill out the form showing proof of purchase and the order number for your purchase and send it to them. Thats what i did the other night at 7pm and when i got up for work the next day at 6.30 am there was an email saying that i have Early Access. Its quite simples really
    ZOS takes cheating very Lightly. You have been warned, and any cheaters found out will get the Least punishment possible...
  • Lynnde
    Lynnde
    Soul Shriven
    I pre-ordered the game at Game Stop but did not receive any game codes for either of the games (collectors and regular)
    that I bought.
    Is there going to be something new later?
  • trav2609rwb17_ESO
    trav2609rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Lynnde wrote: »
    I pre-ordered the game at Game Stop but did not receive any game codes for either of the games (collectors and regular)
    that I bought.
    Is there going to be something new later?

If the collectors is the physical you will need to fill out the early access form
    For all the digital versions it is sounding like the vendors will be getting the codes earlier and thus be be releasing them around the 22 May (same as they would have done for 6 June). Only impact is that will be missing out on last week in PTS for morrowind (can still do the normal).
    If you want confirmation would recommend checking with your vendor to see what they have been told.
  • Lheiah
    Lheiah
    ✭✭
    Any chance to preload prior to Monday?
  • Tiemoty
    Tiemoty
    Soul Shriven
    Lets say i forget to use my code in the two days given after the early access, will my physical code be useless then? Or will I only lose the progress made in the early access? (I have pre ordered the physical collectors edition and sent the receipt as explained in the article.)
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tiemoty wrote: »
    Lets say i forget to use my code in the two days given after the early access, will my physical code be useless then? Or will I only lose the progress made in the early access? (I have pre ordered the physical collectors edition and sent the receipt as explained in the article.)

From the article it sounded rather like you'd just be cut off from Morrowind's new areas and the battlegrounds after June 8 until you entered the code. I'm curious if this then means you'd be locked out of any warden characters created as well. @ZOS_GinaBruno ?
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • StormWylf
    StormWylf
    ✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Second this question. Without it I'll probably just wait for my CE box to arrive from Amazon.

"Can you confirm if additional character slots are coming for early access launch? Thanks" Great question, anyone know the answer?
    Edited by StormWylf on May 18, 2017 1:18AM
  • trav2609rwb17_ESO
    trav2609rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    As they launching all the code early anything promised for 6 June should be in the release on 22 May as they unlikely to disable any code. Thus the additional char slots should be available for purchase as they were on PTS and should be part of the base code - thus not require that have the Morrowind expansion.
  • StormWylf
    StormWylf
    ✭✭✭✭
    As they launching all the code early anything promised for 6 June should be in the release on 22 May as they unlikely to disable any code. Thus the additional char slots should be available for purchase as they were on PTS and should be part of the base code - thus not require that have the Morrowind expansion.

It's my fault for not being clear, I realize that there are character slots available for purchase but it seemed to me that since this is the 1st new class released , and the game launched in early 2014, that the New Chapter ought to come with at least one new character slot as part of the upgrade. I do thank you for your response though trav2609rwb17_ESO. :)
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StormWylf wrote: »

It's my fault for not being clear, I realize that there are character slots available for purchase but it seemed to me that since this is the 1st new class released , and the game launched in early 2014, that the New Chapter ought to come with at least one new character slot as part of the upgrade. I do thank you for your response though trav2609rwb17_ESO. :)

You do not get a free character slot unfortunately.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • StormWylf
    StormWylf
    ✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    StormWylf wrote: »

You do not get a free character slot unfortunately.

TY MissBizz, I truly appreciate the definitive answer. Sadly I now need to retire a toon :'(
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    majulook wrote: »
    Two questions:

Yes and yes.

SirXploit wrote: »
    It will be sometime in the morning, likely before 10am EDT.

driosketch wrote: »
    Tiemoty wrote: »

From the article it sounded rather like you'd just be cut off from Morrowind's new areas and the battlegrounds after June 8 until you entered the code. I'm curious if this then means you'd be locked out of any warden characters created as well. @ZOS_GinaBruno ?
    If you think you may run into an issue and won't be able to apply the code within the two day grace period, please contact Support as soon as you can with the details.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Can you confirm if additional character slots are coming for early access launch? Thanks
    The extra character slots will be available to purchase on Monday with Early Access.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post