The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

[PC EU] LFG of dungeon delvers that enjoy taking their time and listening to dialouge

chemicalchloe
Hiya, I'm looking to form or join a group for pledges/normal dungeons.

So, I'm a long time player but I've only recently got into dungeons and when you've got the right group they're so much fun. However, at an advanced level most players have already found groups they enjoy playing with and Dungeon Finder is a nightmare: I always seem to get stuck with one CP 600 player, who clearly has somewhere better to be, and insists on soloing the dungeon, so I wind up using up all my stamina trying to chase them down before the fight starts. If I do manage to talk to the quest giver before being abandoned by the group, I am forced to skip all the dialogue. This style of gameplay is really not enjoyable for me and even if the rest of the dungeon goes great, I feel cheated out of that quest.

I'm interested in finding people who want to take the dungeon at a steady pace, look around for chests and heavy sacks, listen to the dialogue from the quest givers or at least don't mind waiting for others in the group to do so.

I'm Lv 50 CP 340 DD and would ideally like to find a group around that level to adventure and learn with.

If this sounds like you please leave me a message.
  • chemicalchloe
    So a couple of things that have come up since I created this post:

I am aware that not everybody that reads the forums are registered, so feel free to send me a message in-game @chemicalchloe if you're interested.

I would prefer to play on my main toon but I do have two other characters below lv 50 which I wouldn't mind using.

Lastly some clarification on what is meant by around my level, obviously closer matches are better but around 100 CP difference should be fine. :)

• Stormrose
    Stormrose
    Oh, I hope you're able to find people! I'm a low level, and I'm on NA, but I completely agree with you, I love the quest dialogue and taking the time to check out every nook and cranny, I always feel so rushed in a group!
  • chemicalchloe
    Yes we do appear to be a rare breed but not impossibly rare, I have already found one or two people, to join me. :smiley:

Pretty soon I will no longer have to run past a backpack or desk drawer while a little voice inside me screams "What if that was the drawer that finally contained the Imperial motif you've been searching for?" I mean we all know it's going to be a lockpick but it's nice to know.

• Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When I do my warden, which is looking to be all weapon skills at this point but that's a whole different discussion, I'm going to see if I can get such a group or failing that just try and solo it.... in which case maybe I should do a magic sorc instead >:)
  • chemicalchloe
    I have a mag sorc which I had considered soloing it with at one point but I do enjoy the teamwork aspect.

The sad part is I think there are quite a lot of people out there that want to take it at a slower place but the status quo seems to be treating all group work as a speed run. I found a post on here where someone had put together a video of all the dungeon quest storylines for those that had to skip them but it's not the same as doing them yourself. So I say we should all unite The Dungeon Dawdlers of Tamriel!

Good luck with your Warden though they look like they're going to be a lot of fun.
  • NINJAKITT3N
    NINJAKITT3N
    Soul Shriven
    I'm playing CP 50 DK...played solo up to this point, but now looking for group for dungeons/bosses, etc...

I don't speed run, I'm definitely a looter...pc/eu
  • drannor1304
    drannor1304
    Soul Shriven
    Oh thank you :smiley: I hate to get into dungeons with people running through all shortcuts, not looking any chest and skipping minor bosses. I ve got no taste from that dungeons. I am a looter as hell :smiley: It is really nice to see someone like you trying to enjoy the dungeons. I will add you after the maintenance. Also, another problem is the dungeon finder. Whenever I used it, I unfortunately only got specific dungeon like city of ash I, banished cells I etc. My 3 pledges in Vault of Madness, Selene's Web and one more I forgot have stayed untouched for 2 weeks :disappointed:
  • chemicalchloe
    Just a little update, we are now up to group of 5: 4 DD's and 1 tank. Of course, for normal non-DLC dungeons the standard tank, healer and 2 DD formation is not that important as most can be completed with just 3 DD's (sometimes less).

So, we are now in a good position to start doing dungeons but if anyone else is interested regardless of preferred role please get in touch. I aim to gather as many of us together as possible and put everyone in touch with each other, to make it easier for everyone to find a group for daily dungeons.
  • vestahls
    vestahls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where have you been all my life, OP.

I basically gave up on groups because everyone's always doing a confounded speed run, like you say. I'd rather walk through the dungeons rather than rush through them, at least then I could experience the looks and sounds and feel of those areas and the characters and the (not too shabby) voice acting - which to me is a significant part of the game, and gives it all of its escapist qualities.

I have another friend I sometimes play with, and we let each other take our time with whatever we want to explore, but we don't always have time to play together and we're often not enough just by ourselves.

If your group's still together, I so want in. Lvl 50 CP 200+ DD. I'll look you up in-game next time I play (or you can message me @vestahls).
    “He is even worse than a n'wah. He is - may Vivec forgive me for uttering this word - a Hlaalu.”
    luv Abnur
    luv Rigurt
    luv Stibbons

'ate Ayrenn
    'ate Razum-dar
    'ate Khamira

simple as