The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Completed vMA 100 times - Here are my weapon rewards

j_s
j_s
✭✭✭
As the title says, here are my stats :

vMA_zpskjru8g6j.jpeg

It shows 105 weapons in total because since one of the last patches they started to reward you with 2 dual weapons instead of just 1. So it's 100 vMA runs in total.

Received the sharpened Great Sword in my 4th run, and the sharpened Inferno Staff in my 97th.

Still haven't gotten a sharpened dagger or the Battle Axe, which I wanted.

I think I'm having a break from this place and see how things evolve with Morrowind.

Good luck to anyone who's still trying to get their beloved weapon, or who is simply just trying to complete it for the first time...

I love that place!
Edited by j_s on May 13, 2017 5:11PM
  • D0ntevenL1ft
    D0ntevenL1ft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I'm addicted to maelstrom now as well. Ran it about 15 times in the last 3-4 days. Sharpened great sword on my 4th run, sharpened lightning staff on my 7th run.

I have yet to get a bow or a resto staff, and all other drops have been useless trait 1h/s, daggers, axes, or 2h weapons.
  • j_s
    j_s
    ✭✭✭
    Easy to get hooked, isn't it? ;)

What weapon are you after ?

...and what class are you?
    Edited by j_s on May 14, 2017 6:14PM
  • WarpigFunk
    WarpigFunk
    ✭✭✭
    Only thing I still need from there is sharpened lightning and precise inferno.

over 100 runs - 1 sharp inferno, 1 precise lightning, 1 sharp ice

5 sharp daggers, 3 nirnhoned daggers, 1 precise dagger

5 or 6 sharp bows, 1 precise bow

3 or 4 sharp mauls, 1 sharp greatsword

1 nirnhoned shield

1 sharp axe

1 charged lightning, sharp resto, precise resto, powered resto, defending resto

everything else was gaaabage.
    PS4 [NA]
    Hingle McKringleberry - Altmer MagSorc DD The Flawless Conquerer
    Sek Sual Chocolate - Redguard StamSorc DD Stormproof
    Doktor Feelgood - Breton Templar Healz Boethia's Scythe
    Tiberius Asskickatron - Imperial DK StamTank Mageslayer
    -VERIFIED-
    -FFF-
    vAAHM 100k+, vSOHM 100k+, vHRCHM 100k+, vMoL 78k, vDSA 36k, vMA 535k
  • D0ntevenL1ft
    D0ntevenL1ft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    j_s wrote: »
    Easy to get hooked, isn't it? ;)

What weapon are you after ?

...and what class are you?

I main a stam dk so I'm actually just farming on my magsorc to get sharpened dagger, axe, and bow.

Ive already got sharpened great sword for pvp but I'm being a little picky here and wanting the sharpened maul (got precise already and may actually be best for morrow wind pvp).

Ran twice more today and got decisive destro and sharpened resto. Taking a break for now as I haven't gotten anything useful in my last 10 or so runs and I'm getting disheartened.

Edit: Id die in excitement for another double drops week since i didn't play for the last one :(@ZOS_GinaBruno raise the floor!!
    Edited by D0ntevenL1ft on May 15, 2017 2:17AM
  • PokeMaule
    PokeMaule
    ✭✭
    Not to be rubbing in but I've only just cleared VMA (about a week ago) and now done it 6 times in total.
    1st run Powered 2hd Maul (happy with for pvp as only use rally buff)
    2nd run some rubbish
    3rd Precise bow (yay)
    4th Nirnhoned dagger (not bad) and powered axe (ugh)
    5th run sharpened dagger and sharpened axe (lotto winner)
    6th run can't even remember still admiring to loot from last run

But yeah I still plan on running more and I actually have no idea why but it's all I want to do lol.
    Binyar-Tun Argonian DK Tank Ebonheart Pact. CP610 Hist Shadow
    Ra' Zanir - Kajiit Mag NB DPS Aldmeri Dominion. CP610
    Quasan Al Hallin - Redguard Stam Sorc DPS Daggerfall Covenant. CP610 Stormproof
    Seyrena Althranis - Dunmer Magicka Sorc DPS Ebonheart Pact. CP610 Clockwork Confounder

XBONE GT - PokeMaule
    Guildmaster - Unexpected Heroes
    Member - Venom - Morrowind Academy - Tamriel BaseCamp

• Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did around 30 runs so far, I know it is not a lot but never got any sharpened weapon

Powered Nirnhoned and Charged seem to be my main loots
    Edited by Morgul667 on May 15, 2017 5:27AM
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems quite balanced - not nearly as bad as people make out.

Hopefully people see this and stop crying because they've not had the weapon they're chasing on the 3rd run.

Edited by BNOC on May 15, 2017 9:14AM
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Glamdring
    Glamdring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks to OP for pulling this together.
  • D0ntevenL1ft
    D0ntevenL1ft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PokeMaule wrote: »
    Not to be rubbing in but I've only just cleared VMA (about a week ago) and now done it 6 times in total.
    1st run Powered 2hd Maul (happy with for pvp as only use rally buff)
    2nd run some rubbish
    3rd Precise bow (yay)
    4th Nirnhoned dagger (not bad) and powered axe (ugh)
    5th run sharpened dagger and sharpened axe (lotto winner)
    6th run can't even remember still admiring to loot from last run

But yeah I still plan on running more and I actually have no idea why but it's all I want to do lol.

YOU GOT SHARPENED DAGGER AND AXE ONE RUN?!? Go get a lottery ticket I'm so jealous.

Seriously tho, I'm addicted to opening that last chest and maybe getting the item I want.
  • kynseon
    kynseon
    ✭✭✭
    it seems like if you do it in a magicka toon you get stamina weapons.. I have a MAGsorc and all i get are shields greatsword mauls and swords..
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm about 100 runs in and all I am still looking for is my second sharpened dagger and a sharpened inferno. After I get them I'll still run it because I am a masochist addicted to vMA too. Honestly though it's a good way to get used to a new character/build.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• D0ntevenL1ft
    D0ntevenL1ft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back to back sharpened resto's, ZOS is literally just trolling me now.
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As the title says, here are my stats :

vMA_zpskjru8g6j.jpeg

It shows 105 weapons in total because since one of the last patches they started to reward you with 2 dual weapons instead of just 1. So it's 100 vMA runs in total.

Received the sharpened Great Sword in my 4th run, and the sharpened Inferno Staff in my 97th.

Still haven't gotten a sharpened dagger or the Battle Axe, which I wanted.

I think I'm having a break from this place and see how things evolve with Morrowind.

Good luck to anyone who's still trying to get their beloved weapon, or who is simply just trying to complete it for the first time...

I love that place!

You got lucky with sharpened distribution. Now imagine if Precise would've been Sharpened - you would need 50 more runs to fill it up (probably - never know how this probability fools you around).

@ZOS_RichLambert something has to be done to this distribution - it feels bad man!
  • j_s
    j_s
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if I got lucky with sharpened. To me it looks like there's an even distribution and RNG is much more balanced than most people like to think.
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if I got lucky with sharpened. To me it looks like there's an even distribution and RNG is much more balanced than most people like to think.

^
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • D0ntevenL1ft
    D0ntevenL1ft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update: have ran 8 more times and have gotten 5 more staves (sharpened destro, decicise destro, 2 more restos and ice decisive, defending bow and infused greatsword.

ZOS REMOVE DECISIVE FROM TRAITS NOBODY HAS EVER USED IT. Why it was created as a trait I'll never know.

Edit: ran vdsa and got decisive greatsword, while tank got decisive dagger. Seriously tho. @Wrobel
    Edited by D0ntevenL1ft on May 19, 2017 1:22PM
  • j_s
    j_s
    ✭✭✭
    No one is using the charged trait either, yet it is in the game.

I'm holding on to my "useless" traits, for whenever they are planning on releasing a patch which will make them useful. Thankfully we are getting double the bank space now.
  • PokeMaule
    PokeMaule
    ✭✭
    [/quote] YOU GOT SHARPENED DAGGER AND AXE ONE RUN?!? Go get a lottery ticket I'm so jealous.

Seriously tho, I'm addicted to opening that last chest and maybe getting the item I want. [/quote]

Yeah I was very lucky lol and my luck seems to keep going as in 12/13 runs I have 2x sharpened daggers, 2x sharpened axe, 1x precise axe, 1x infused dagger (I hear this will be good in next patch).
    Though still wanting a moan I am now fed up with the 1 handers and now need staffs. I guess this may be my pain for the next 100 runs.

Binyar-Tun Argonian DK Tank Ebonheart Pact. CP610 Hist Shadow
    Ra' Zanir - Kajiit Mag NB DPS Aldmeri Dominion. CP610
    Quasan Al Hallin - Redguard Stam Sorc DPS Daggerfall Covenant. CP610 Stormproof
    Seyrena Althranis - Dunmer Magicka Sorc DPS Ebonheart Pact. CP610 Clockwork Confounder

XBONE GT - PokeMaule
    Guildmaster - Unexpected Heroes
    Member - Venom - Morrowind Academy - Tamriel BaseCamp

• Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    One of ways to improve this *** , how I see this, is to give after last boss Maelstrom key like Undaunted keys.

Then when u leaving final arena and go to end the quest. u can spend this key to one of chests with different rewards.
    Best of all for every type of weapons.
    Bows chest, duals chest, 1handed chest, resto, destro and 2 handed.
    And to left in them only usable traits at least ith some effectiveness:
    1. 1handed - sharpened, defending, decisive (in needs a buff, now it's *** even for tanks, too small amount of ult instead of penetration for all skills on the bar...), infused
    2. 2handed - sharpened, defending, (+maybe nirnhored and infused but they are not usable in system now, not enouch penetration even in morrowind)
    3. duals - sharpened, infused, precise, (nirnhored if something buff this trait, it gives too small + to weapon damage)
    4. Inferno staves - sharpened, infused, precise, nirnhored (if buffed) (maybe charged if changing how this *** works, it's completly absolutly useless now)
    5. lightning staves - sharpened, infused, precise, (nirn if buffed), same with charged
    6. Ice staves - defending, decisive (change how it work, maybe it should regen ults from skills used on the bar with this weapon) and i don't know, sharpened for pvp. (Tanking for mana with stave is absolutly ugly ***, i think it shoud ne changed to little bonus to used absorb shields insteas of stupid reduced in cost blocking for mana)
    7. restoration staves - infused, defending, precise, sharpened (and nirn, which should be buffed, and changed in working decisive)

So, again, separate chests. Removing idiotic traits from some typoes of weapons (like charged on resto, maces, daggers, swords), changing way of working for traits: decisive, charged. Some buff for trait Nirnhored.
    Maybe + to this Tokens for trating many crap weapons to one, which U exactly need from it.

P.s: I completly hate Maelstrom. I've done exactly 40 runs into this ***, and i still have no weapons to use. But main reason is - Maelstrom is very boring. U even have no team to talk during this ~hour of your life. I don't want to go there again especially after global nerf for resourse management.
    @Anethum from .ua
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    diplomatt wrote: »
    One of ways to improve this *** , how I see this, is to give after last boss Maelstrom key like Undaunted keys.

Then when u leaving final arena and go to end the quest. u can spend this key to one of chests with different rewards.
    Best of all for every type of weapons.
    Bows chest, duals chest, 1handed chest, resto, destro and 2 handed.
    And to left in them only usable traits at least ith some effectiveness:
    1. 1handed - sharpened, defending, decisive (in needs a buff, now it's *** even for tanks, too small amount of ult instead of penetration for all skills on the bar...), infused
    2. 2handed - sharpened, defending, (+maybe nirnhored and infused but they are not usable in system now, not enouch penetration even in morrowind)
    3. duals - sharpened, infused, precise, (nirnhored if something buff this trait, it gives too small + to weapon damage)
    4. Inferno staves - sharpened, infused, precise, nirnhored (if buffed) (maybe charged if changing how this *** works, it's completly absolutly useless now)
    5. lightning staves - sharpened, infused, precise, (nirn if buffed), same with charged
    6. Ice staves - defending, decisive (change how it work, maybe it should regen ults from skills used on the bar with this weapon) and i don't know, sharpened for pvp. (Tanking for mana with stave is absolutly ugly ***, i think it shoud ne changed to little bonus to used absorb shields insteas of stupid reduced in cost blocking for mana)
    7. restoration staves - infused, defending, precise, sharpened (and nirn, which should be buffed, and changed in working decisive)

So, again, separate chests. Removing idiotic traits from some typoes of weapons (like charged on resto, maces, daggers, swords), changing way of working for traits: decisive, charged. Some buff for trait Nirnhored.
    Maybe + to this Tokens for trating many crap weapons to one, which U exactly need from it.

P.s: I completly hate Maelstrom. I've done exactly 40 runs into this ***, and i still have no weapons to use. But main reason is - Maelstrom is very boring. U even have no team to talk during this ~hour of your life. I don't want to go there again especially after global nerf for resourse management.

You do realize you can be in a group while you do vMA, right?
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »

Or talking in voice with teamspeak/diskord. But it's actually differs from talking while u playing together.
    it needs sometimes high attention, so broking normal conversation.
    And, I'm angry often while in maelstrom: when cannot breakfree 2-4 seonds from fear of Mother Runa, when cannot use portal on last boss, when pushing synergy from 3 yellow wraith few seconds in a raw, or should bash mages on 8 arena or last boss on last arena 2-3 times in a raw sometimes for at least interrapting. very angry each time when Lurchers or flesh atronachs hits u before their animations (it's bad design), or ogres hits u from much longer distanses they should.
    I almost never don't dying on this all, but have no good emotions when meeting this again and again.
    So I don't like to talk while in maelstrom, even now, when knowing each step of this mechanical Roulette.
    Any enjoy.
    Boring routine work without the end.
    I don't wan't go there without hope of getting certain weapons in a predictable period.
    @Anethum from .ua
  • Lexifer452
    Lexifer452
    ✭✭
    Maelstrom always require too much focus for me to talk to anyone while I'm in there. More than once I end up telling people to shut the hell up while I'm on stage seven or stage nine and frustrated. Even after a dozen or so runs the frustration still resurfaces here and there. So I don't chat in vma anymore. Lol.

On topic though. I got a sharpened mace and impen shield first run. Since then I've gotten three frost staves, one sharpened, a defending greatsword, one infused resto staff and two 1h axes just last night, one sharpened one charged, and the rest have been nonsense trained garbage. No inferno/shock staves yet though. Not even with bad traits, which I would use if they dropped. No bows either. I complete these runs on my magsorc (no more pets required yay) and do seem to have gotten a disproportionate amount of stamina dps and tanking weapons more than anything. Still though a dozen or so runs can hardly tell you anything about drop rates.

Thanks for the much larger 100 runs drop rate data. I'm a lot more hopeful now of at least getting a useable destruction staff sometime in the near future.
  • GlorphNoldorin
    GlorphNoldorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    diplomatt wrote: »
    Danksta wrote: »

Or talking in voice with teamspeak/diskord. But it's actually differs from talking while u playing together.
    it needs sometimes high attention, so broking normal conversation.
    And, I'm angry often while in maelstrom: when cannot breakfree 2-4 seonds from fear of Mother Runa, when cannot use portal on last boss, when pushing synergy from 3 yellow wraith few seconds in a raw, or should bash mages on 8 arena or last boss on last arena 2-3 times in a raw sometimes for at least interrapting. very angry each time when Lurchers or flesh atronachs hits u before their animations (it's bad design), or ogres hits u from much longer distanses they should.
    I almost never don't dying on this all, but have no good emotions when meeting this again and again.
    So I don't like to talk while in maelstrom, even now, when knowing each step of this mechanical Roulette.
    Any enjoy.
    Boring routine work without the end.
    I don't wan't go there without hope of getting certain weapons in a predictable period.

You describe exactly what I see in vma. I would add the round 7 poison insta-deaths to your list. I usually have 300+ ping but it seems to be markedly more laggy for me in vma post patch. I dont know if this lag effects regen but I am often completely dry of magica with a heavy attack build. Now I barely burst heal without without taking a few seconds even when bar swap cancelling......I usually finish with vitality but it is no fun at all

40 runs, 4 sharp weapons, 2 bows, resto and an ice staff. 5 powered staves (2 inferno, 1 lightning, 2 ice) 8 s&b, 5 restos, 8 dual wield. It was miserable before patch now its worse for me.
  • the_man_of_steal
    the_man_of_steal
    ✭✭✭
    Sharpened VMA Maul my first run... now im addicted
  • NotPhobia
    NotPhobia
    ✭✭✭
    iVE COMPLETED Vmsa OVER 400+ TIMES AND STILL HAVE NOT GOT MY SHARPENED INFERNO STAFF
  • GlorphNoldorin
    GlorphNoldorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I couldn't believe it....my 42nd run I got the sharp vma inferno. I had to look 3 times. It's a travesty for some to not get it after so much time.....the grind goes on for other weapons tho...aaaaghhh
  • XGCAlbatr0ss
    XGCAlbatr0ss
    ✭✭✭
    200+ runs looking for sharp lightning and still no luck. Best trait I've pulled on it is infused. Yet I have 3 sharp bows, 2 sharp great swords, 3 sharp axes, 2 sharp mauls, sharp battle axe. Yet no damn sharp destros. It'll come one day......hopefully.
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    200+ runs looking for sharp lightning and still no luck. Best trait I've pulled on it is infused. Yet I have 3 sharp bows, 2 sharp great swords, 3 sharp axes, 2 sharp mauls, sharp battle axe. Yet no damn sharp destros. It'll come one day......hopefully.

Where did u get so much patience for this?8o
    @Anethum from .ua
  • XGCAlbatr0ss
    XGCAlbatr0ss
    ✭✭✭
    Because I'm a perfectionist/ min maxer and I main a mag sorc and my build will never be complete in my eyes without one. Yes I pull high DPS without one and am happy where I'm at but knowing that I can pull more is kinda what drives me. It's all in that vMA sharp lightning and I'll consistently hit + 40k DPS.
    Edited by XGCAlbatr0ss on June 5, 2017 4:59PM