Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Question about Crown crafting motifs

Akaviri
Akaviri
✭✭
Hello, ladies and gentlemen. ^^
I have only started to play recently, thus I am rather unfamiliar to most systems!
As a big fan of Role-playing I really care about my characters' outfits and I would appreciate if any experienced adventurers could answer to my wondering:
Does a crafting motif purchased from crown store becomes an account-wide benefit or is it bound to 1 character who learns it first?

Kind regards.
生ビールを奢ります。
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bound to the character that learns it , so make sure you learn it on your crafter
  • Akaviri
    Akaviri
    ✭✭
    Bound to the character that learns it , so make sure you learn it on your crafter
    So it's like that. Thanks for the guidance!

生ビールを奢ります。
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd also advise against buying them from the crown store. Most of them are terribly overpriced and really easy and cheap to buy in-game for gold(the limited time Celestial one in particular).
  • Akaviri
    Akaviri
    ✭✭
    I see. Thanks for the advice, Magdalina.
    I did not know those could be even traded in-game.
    Any idea how much gold do people ask for racial motifs?
    (I play NA server for PC)
    Edited by Akaviri on May 13, 2017 4:23PM
    生ビールを奢ります。
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akaviri wrote: »
    I see. Thanks for the advice, Magdalina.
    I did not know those could be even traded in-game.
    Any idea how much gold do people ask for racial motifs?
    (I play NA server for PC)

Varies radically, some can be picked up for a few hundred gold, others can be in the 10s of 1000s
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • itehache
    itehache
    ✭✭✭✭
    Motifs are always bound to a character. Decide which character you want to be the crafter and just learn the motifs with him/her.

Like other people told you, avoid getting motifs from the crown store. You can purchase/farm almost them all in the game. There are, however, some crown - store exclusive motifs (usually available during a big holiday event). I myself have bought all the crown - store exclusive motifs but I have not bought with real money the ones you can get in game.

You seem pretty new so I will just give you a little advice: go to "eso fashion", it's a website that has an enormous data base of all styles available in game. Decide which one you like the best and go for it. Some of them are dirt cheap (like 200g for a page) some others, however can get up until 50k for a single page. Some of the motifs are REALLY expensive (for instance, Mazzatun, Akaviri, Ancient Orc...) so keep that in mind before you fall for one of those :lol:

Little by little, as you keep playing, you will see how you get some motifs drops. For instance, in a trial (raid) every week you get 1 motif guaranteed from the weekly quest. You can also get some others with daily quests (mages guild / fighters guild / undaunted daily quests have a small chance to give you a draugr motif).

Welcome to ESO btw, feel free to message me if you have any questions (pc eu Aurora_Arrowsong). Cheers!
    Edited by itehache on May 13, 2017 5:17PM
  • Akaviri
    Akaviri
    ✭✭
    I appreciate your inputs, folks! /bow
    itehache wrote: »
    Motifs are always bound to a character. Decide which character you want to be the crafter and just learn the motifs with him/her.

Like other people told you, avoid getting motifs from the crown store. You can purchase/farm almost them all in the game. There are, however, some crown - store exclusive motifs (usually available during a big holiday event). I myself have bought all the crown - store exclusive motifs but I have not bought with real money the ones you can get in game.

You seem pretty new so I will just give you a little advice: go to "eso fashion", it's a website that has an enormous data base of all styles available in game. Decide which one you like the best and go for it. Some of them are dirt cheap (like 200g for a page) some others, however can get up until 50k for a single page. Some of the motifs are REALLY expensive (for instance, Mazzatun, Akaviri, Ancient Orc...) so keep that in mind before you fall for one of those :lol:

Little by little, as you keep playing, you will see how you get some motifs drops. For instance, in a trial (raid) every week you get 1 motif guaranteed from the weekly quest. You can also get some others with daily quests (mages guild / fighters guild / undaunted daily quests have a small chance to give you a draugr motif).

Welcome to ESO btw, feel free to message me if you have any questions (pc eu Aurora_Arrowsong). Cheers!

This website is incredibly useful to my needs, thanks so much for sharing it, itehache!

生ビールを奢ります。