Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

ESO Expanions & If All Characters Are Deleted...

Deejah
Deejah
✭✭
Hey there,
I am not sure if this was the right place to go to, to ask, but I figured I would start here. I haven't played ESO in some time and I've been someone who has kept tabs on the game. I go back to Beta and the game n' I have always had this strange love-hate relationship. It draws me in, I hang around for a bit, then I walk away-- eventually being drawn back in. Like in this case with the coming for Morrowind, which was the game that introduced me to the Elder Scrolls series and was perhaps my favorite game; probably cause it was the one to draw me in.

Now to the questions however. I am looking at not paying a subscription fee, because my finances have been a bit rough lately. Is it possible to still get the expansions on the Crown Store in game or have they been taken down? If so, does someone have a rough idea of how much each of the expansions would cost? Would this be more effective in the long run or would a subscription still be the better option? Also do I need those expansions to get Morrowind-- or is Morowind a stand-alone?

The second question is, that I am thinking of deleting all my characters and starting over fresh. None of them got very high lvled, so I wouldn't be losing much there. What the concern however is, is that I have Early Access/Beta/Pre-order items. I also have the Imperial Edition, which is what my pre-order was when this game released. If I delete all my characters, would I lose all these items and treasure maps? Or was this something that was fixed? Because I know that was a concern back in the ye ol' days and I never known if that problem was fixed.

Thank you all and I look forward to hearing your answers.
"Dream the Impossible and conqueror the unknowns"
  • EleonoraCrendraven
    EleonoraCrendraven
    ✭✭✭
    You do not need to subscribe for playing the expansions. You should be able to purchase them in the crown store for crowns.
    (I did so some time ago and I am no subscriber)
    You can browse the crown store here: http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/crownstore to get the prices.

Regarding you items: to be on the safe side you can keep one of your old characters.
    You have plenty of character slots - 8 - and including Morrowind only 5 classes. And you can move the items to your bank to have access with your other characters.

I don't think you need the other expansions for Morrowind, there is no such thing in the Morrowind website.
  • scipionumatia
    scipionumatia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morrowind isn't included in the eso subscription, you must purchase it separately. The other dlc zones like orsinium, imperial city, thieves guild, dark brotherhood are included in eso subscription. I believe if you delete a character everything that character was holding will be gone. if it's in your bank and you delete all your characters I have no idea. I'd think the items would stay in your bank but like the post above said I'd at least keep one character just in case.
    Scipio Numantia Red guard Nightblade PvP- AD
    Scipio Asiaticus Khajiit Nightblade (CRAFTER/DPS) PvE- EP
    Altmer Nightblade PvP- EP
    Fueoculto Breton Templar (DPS) PvE- EP
    Rasoculto Orc Dragon Knight PvP- EP
    Caethus Argonian Templar (HEAL) PvE- EP
    Vale Oso Nord Sorc (DPS) PvE- AD
    Sir-Galahad-the-pure Altmer Sorc (DPS) PvE- EP
    Scipionumantine Imperial Templar PvP- EP
    Un-bearable Imperial Warden PVP- EP
    Vale Bear Altmer Warden PvP- EP
    Baits-All-Zergs Argonian Dragon knight PVP- DC
  • scipionumatia
    scipionumatia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Side note, if your looking at buying all of the dlc zones, id reccomend getting eso subscription. You get enough crowns per month that you could just use those to purchase the zones one at a time then cancel your subscription once you get all the dlc you want. Also eso plus makes leveling up alchemy/enchanting/provisioning a breeze cause you can pick up EVERYTHING. Let the hoarder inside free :)
    Scipio Numantia Red guard Nightblade PvP- AD
    Scipio Asiaticus Khajiit Nightblade (CRAFTER/DPS) PvE- EP
    Altmer Nightblade PvP- EP
    Fueoculto Breton Templar (DPS) PvE- EP
    Rasoculto Orc Dragon Knight PvP- EP
    Caethus Argonian Templar (HEAL) PvE- EP
    Vale Oso Nord Sorc (DPS) PvE- AD
    Sir-Galahad-the-pure Altmer Sorc (DPS) PvE- EP
    Scipionumantine Imperial Templar PvP- EP
    Un-bearable Imperial Warden PVP- EP
    Vale Bear Altmer Warden PvP- EP
    Baits-All-Zergs Argonian Dragon knight PVP- DC
  • Tygerfire
    Tygerfire
    ✭✭
    Just a side question...

They currently have all 4 current expansions in a bundle for like 5000... Is this a special deal or is that bundle always available? Does it ever get cheaper than that?

Thanks
  • Deejah
    Deejah
    ✭✭
    I wanted to say thank you all for the responses and for the advice!

Hope you all have a great day!
    "Dream the Impossible and conqueror the unknowns"