Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Dwemer containers usually empty

dueldragon
dueldragon
✭✭
When i enter a dwarven ruin only 1 in 4 or 5 containers is lootable. The rest is empty and open, is this intentional?
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yep, they would prefer you bought the Dwemer motif on the Crown Store, not through farming containers. However, it also depends on where you go. Some of the Dwarven ruins were hit harder by the container nerf than others, such as Avanchnzel.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dueldragon wrote: »
    When i enter a dwarven ruin only 1 in 4 or 5 containers is lootable. The rest is empty and open, is this intentional?

that has been quite common for me for a long time. and "yes" i do think this is normal and intentional.
    but i am not a developer and i am only speaking from a customers view.
  • dueldragon
    dueldragon
    ✭✭
    Ashtaris wrote: »
    Yep, they would prefer you bought the Dwemer motif on the Crown Store, not through farming containers. However, it also depends on where you go. Some of the Dwarven ruins were hit harder by the container nerf than others, such as Avanchnzel.

What's a dungeon with still relatively "a lot" of lootable Dwemer containers? and now that you're mentioning it it makes too much sense.
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The problem with mentioning a good farming location is that ZOS is always listening "Jessica, get out the Giant Nerf Hammer!!! Someone found a good farming location!" :)
  • dueldragon
    dueldragon
    ✭✭
    Sooo... i found a dwemer shoulders motif and how do i use it? It says it requires rank 9, does it mean 9 passives? Or simply rank 9 in metalworking? (currently 3)

Looking at it back a few minutes i realized i literally need rank 9 in metalworking, i'm an idiot.
    Edited by dueldragon on May 12, 2017 4:30PM
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sooo... i found a dwemer shoulders motif and how do i use it? It says it requires rank 9, does it mean 9 passives? Or simply rank 9 in metalworking? (currently 3)

@dueldragon Rank 9 refers to any of the equipment crafting passives. IIRC rank 9 unlocks the ability to craft with void cloth and metal. That also means you'll need to be high level in one of those crafts, as level 9 passive won't unlock until level 40 or so in that craft.

On the main topic, even with the container nerf, I find Dwemer ruins worth visiting. I tend to get chapter pages 25-30% of visits. But if you want to complete the Dwemer motif, best bet is shopping the guild kiosks, as prices are reasonable for this motif.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • dueldragon
    dueldragon
    ✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »

@dueldragon Rank 9 refers to any of the equipment crafting passives. IIRC rank 9 unlocks the ability to craft with void cloth and metal. That also means you'll need to be high level in one of those crafts, as level 9 passive won't unlock until level 40 or so in that craft.

On the main topic, even with the container nerf, I find Dwemer ruins worth visiting. I tend to get chapter pages 25-30% of visits. But if you want to complete the Dwemer motif, best bet is shopping the guild kiosks, as prices are reasonable for this motif.

Sure its a bit harder but needing to hunt for the pages makes kund of fun. And its ridiculously expensive when sold by players