The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So I killed an innocent as a werewolf today by accident ...

SydneyGrey
SydneyGrey
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
It literally really was an accident.
I decided to romp around in werewolf form to level up the skill, and saw what I thought were mobs standing around. I decided to jump on one and tear her apart, thinking she was a bandit. I knew there were bandits in that area.
She was a Wyress.
I suddenly got a huge bounty and thought "Oh, NO!"
There were two others. One got attacked by my pet wolves, and the other was far enough away that she miraculously didn't notice her Wyress sisters being torn apart by werewolves. I decided to make a run for it, hoping my pet wolves wouldn't kill the second woman.
The story behind the character I'm playing is that she became a werewolf by accident, and was determined not to kill any innocents. So now she feels terrible, life-destroying guilt. She may have to do penance of some kind, like maybe spend time killing daedra at dolmens.

This is her:
33364816964_827f9fef82_z.jpg

Edited by SydneyGrey on May 8, 2017 5:17AM
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That unfortunate accident lends real weight to your story, and the way you hoped to play your character, in a way that fabrication of a situation can't. And that deserves and awesome in my opinion :)
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went back to that same area again today (it's near my house in Bangkorai), and I now know why I assumed she was a bandit. There USED TO BE bandits there. It was a spot where there was a quest involving the Wyresses. Before you do the quest, the area is full of evil mobs. After the quest, the area is full of Wyresses. No wonder I just assumed and didn't really pay attention. I'd forgotten I'd done the quest and that the area changed. LOL.
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear about the loss of your inner Wolf, such a burden to bear the spirit of the wolf like myself, but, there is a way

If you have heard of a book called "Living with Lycanthropy," then you might want to take this into heart & learn from it. It helped me in my time of need when I wished to become a Werebeast to destroy those who would dare Hurt the innocent lives of tamriel (yes even the vigilantes of stendarr if there is any.) this knowledge can help you too, through my own special training of the spirit, I have learned to see within myself, & what I see, was not a beast as some would call them, but a Companion. If dogs make loyal companions to those who take good care of them, then your inner spirit wolf can become your best friend if you tend to it's needs. Eventually leading to complete control of your transformation through inner Companionship with your spirit wolf.

"Throughout the ages, whenever one heard the word "werewolf," it was a cry of fear and revulsion. This need not be the case any longer. We shall prove to Tamriel that it is indeed possible to live a productive, peaceful life while afflicted with Sanies Lupinus.

Our Rule: Resist the Urge to Commit Violence

By withdrawing from society, one can learn how to apply this simple rule to everyday life. Do not give in to a feral desire to retaliate against those who cannot understand our plight. We are not meant to destroy others simply for sport. Hircine blessed us with the ability to fight well, with strength beyond that of an ordinary person. We must not take advantage of this blessing to hurt anyone, but rather use it in ways that benefit others like ourselves. Hunting can be a rewarding pastime, and a way of worshiping our patron. It should not be a way to torment others, whether man or beast.

This blessing, for it is a blessing and not a curse, allows us to carry heavy loads, and to cover vast distances without tiring. We make excellent traveling merchants for this reason, as well as laborers of all kinds. By showing continued restraint, by not lifting our hand against others, by proving that hunger does not drive us to kill, we honor ourselves and our families.

It is our duty to demonstrate that werewolves can be peaceful through our continued faith in Hircine’s blessings."
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hircine's curse can not be controlled forever, now she knows the full extent of the curse she carries.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replies, people. You're all awesome. <3
    She decided just killing daedra wasn't enough, so she's going to spend the rest of the year being a champion for good. Today she saved a woman from freezing to death in The Rift. Earlier, she rescued people who were trapped underneath rubble after giants attacked Riften.
  • purple-magicb16_ESO
    purple-magicb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats! She is now a tragic protagonist. Look at it as another dimension to an already interesting and well thought out character. She now owes a life debt to all Wyresses.
    Edited by purple-magicb16_ESO on May 11, 2017 1:29PM
    Give 'er eh!
  • Krist
    Krist
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are no accidents, young lady. You did what you did, now you must understand why you did it. You search for absolution, but that cannot be achieved unless you can bring these people back to life. Can you bring them back to life?

Bandits once stood there so you assumed anyone that stood there was a bandit? I dont think so. I am not buying it. As long as you think this, the wolf inside will surprise you, when you least wish it to.

I may seem to be the bad one here, but unlike others who have responded to your cry, I am telling you truth. Kill Daedra? Shut Dolmens? Is that not what you should already be doing, if you were a "good person"? You killed people that did you nothing. Nothing. Their family will await them, and only get the sad news that they were ripped apart by you or your lovely wolves. I think we are beyond good deeds now, beyond shutting the gates of the dolmens.

I have another solution for you. Embrace who you are. Understand there is a beast within you that hungers, that should no longer be denied. It remains trapped and unsatisfied, while you what? Have hurt feeling because of someone you did not know dying? If you championed good, what does that mean? Killing those that killed innocent people, while you yourself remain alive, having killed innocent people? Aren't you then denying them the ability to change their ways and champion good? It is a trap that draws you down ever deeper into hypocrisy, while you still remain guilty and un-absolved.

Be the wolf you were chosen by your god to be.

Be.
    The.
    Wolf.

Unsigned
    "Krist the Lionheart? No. Lionheart was my dog" -Krist
    "Darling, if looks were everything, I would be king of the world" -Luke
    "That place, between day and night, that purple color just before dark, that is where you will find me"- Hughe
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    It literally really was an accident.
    I decided to romp around in werewolf form to level up the skill, and saw what I thought were mobs standing around. I decided to jump on one and tear her apart.
    You say it was an accident, yet your words show you making a choice, not once, but twice.

Three times, if you count denying the cure.

I believe the kindness @Krist has given you is truth.

A gift such as yours cannot bring out that which was not already there. This, I know well.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS