Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Skill Points

iPrey
iPrey
✭✭
Other than getting skyshards and doing the main quest line.. What other ways can we get skill points?
  • Fleshreaper
    Fleshreaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delve quests. This is probably the biggest draw back from grinding. Now you get to farm skill points.
    Edited by Fleshreaper on May 11, 2017 7:09PM
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Delve quests. This is probably the biggest draw back from grinding. Now you get to farm skill points.

What delve quests give skill points? I know that you can get 1 skill point for the group events in PUBLIC dungeons, but I don't recall ever getting a skill point in a delve.
  • Fleshreaper
    Fleshreaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What delve quests give skill points? I know that you can get 1 skill point for the group events in PUBLIC dungeons, but I don't recall ever getting a skill point in a delve.

The delve quest will give you one skill point upon completion. Each delve has a quest, usually picked up inside.

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Kings_of_the_Grotto
    Edited by Fleshreaper on May 11, 2017 7:22PM
  • Fleshreaper
    Fleshreaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is a list of all of the delve quests. http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Group_Dungeons
  • iPrey
    iPrey
    ✭✭
    So you talk to someone once you get inside a delve?
  • iPrey
    iPrey
    ✭✭
    Here is a list of all of the delve quests. http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Group_Dungeons

So.. usually a Group dungeon..?
  • DurzoBlint13
    DurzoBlint13
    ✭✭✭✭
    each PvP rank also grants a Skill point
  • Fleshreaper
    Fleshreaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iPrey wrote: »

So.. usually a Group dungeon..?

Yes, I apologize, it is the group delves that have the skill point for the quests.
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other than getting skyshards and doing the main quest line.. What other ways can we get skill points?
    Every delve and public dungeon has a skyshard in it. You do *not* have to complete any inside quests to get them, but some are sneakily placed and may require some time to find them. Public dungeon shards are usually placed mid-way through the dungeon, so it's best to follow groups if you can't do them solo.

The fastest way to acquire skyshards is visiting this site:
    Handy little tool.

It gives the location of every skyshard except for DLC. Handy if you just want to chase the "outside" shards.

A note about that site: it breaks down the listing in two sections: the top half are skyshards found in the outside, the lower half are those found in delves and the public dungeon. If you follow the listing in order, you'll end up back-tracking. I recommend using another map so you can create a "line of attack" to pick them up in the best order, not a numeric one.

If you want to get back at the Mage's Guild for sending you off to get killed, the final quest allows you to make a choice and get 5 skyshards, not that you have a soul to be concerned with over the decision.
    :wink:
  • scorpiodog
    scorpiodog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Violynne wrote: »
    Every delve and public dungeon has a skyshard in it. You do *not* have to complete any inside quests to get them, but some are sneakily placed and may require some time to find them. Public dungeon shards are usually placed mid-way through the dungeon, so it's best to follow groups if you can't do them solo.

The fastest way to acquire skyshards is visiting this site:
    Handy little tool.

It gives the location of every skyshard except for DLC. Handy if you just want to chase the "outside" shards.

A note about that site: it breaks down the listing in two sections: the top half are skyshards found in the outside, the lower half are those found in delves and the public dungeon. If you follow the listing in order, you'll end up back-tracking. I recommend using another map so you can create a "line of attack" to pick them up in the best order, not a numeric one.

If you want to get back at the Mage's Guild for sending you off to get killed, the final quest allows you to make a choice and get 5 skyshards, not that you have a soul to be concerned with over the decision.
    :wink:

I think peope are mixing up delves and public dungeons. Delves only offer skyshards - never a skill point (unless it's your 3rd skyshard).

Each PUBLIC DUNGEON (not Delve) has a GROUP EVENT that offers a skill point. This GROUP EVENT in a PUBLIC DUNGEON sometimes requires you to do something before the final boss appears.

I use an addon that locates all the PUBLIC DUNGEON bosses on my map with a big red skull that turns green when I kill them. This helps me keep track.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

OK, you can get 16 points for doing the Public Dungeon Group Boss, and you can get at least 16 points for each group dungeon (a lot of them have a II version which will net you a skill point too). So, figure on about 40 or so skill points that way.

You can get 5 1/3 skill points per zone from skyhards from the original 15 zones, then 2 to 5 skill points worth from the DLC zones. Starter Islands will net you about 1 skill point's worth each. So, about 1/3 the total available skill points in the game for all that.

But the best place to get skill points and some fat champ experience points are to do the zone quest stages for each zone in the game. You get at least (or maybe always) 5 skill points for doing those. And, you can get nice chunk of Champ Exp (more than the regular exp you get, and even better if your enlightened) for each stage you complete. Same with each of the guilds (Mages, Fighters, Thieves and DB)
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Ok, those are group dungeons - not the overland delves. That makes more sense.
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scroll down to earning skill points.

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Skills
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett