Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Absolutely frustrated to my core with DB/TG...

xeoneexb14_ESO
xeoneexb14_ESO
✭✭✭
It seems that no matter how hard I try to race timers and kill the proper targets I NEVER can finish the extra objects for a "better reward". I get frustrated especially with thieves guild garbage that I dont even think I want to bother attempting the damn runs the way that you are SUPPOSED to do them. I honestly just want to run through kill everything just so I can get it over with. This isn't fun to me. I remember Skyrim, or hell even Oblivions, ones to not nearly be as time specific. I guess that might be why adding them to an online game as ESO it just doesn't work the same. How the hell do people even do these? I doubt I'll ever complete even one WITH the bonus objectives without being seen, or hit, or whatever. Bah I'm frustrated as ***.
John 3:16 = For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Invisibility pots or do it on a mNB
    Being a vampire helps
    Edited by FloppyTouch on May 11, 2017 8:54AM
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @FloppyTouch little correction - magica nb =)
  • psxfloh
    psxfloh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Get yourself the right gear and the heists become a breeze..
    - 3 pieces Night Terror
    - 5 pieces Night's Silence

Or use 5 pieces of Night Mother's Embrace if you're a vampire and have the Dark Stalker Passive.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Like PvP or Trials or any other content, you need appropriate gear and skills for this content.

1). 7 pieces of medium armor with all the sneaking/speed/detection passives unlocked.
    2). 5 pieces crafted Nights Silence gear so you can sneak at normal speed. Can be Level 1 white gear. All you care about is 5 piece bonus which is not level dependent.
    3). 3 pieces of Night Terror. Reduces your detection radius. Again, level does not matter. You just want 3-piece bonus.
    4). Invis pots. I think you can make them with spider eggs and the blue mushroom, both pretty cheap alchemy ingredients. You can also make invis + speed potions, but I think they are a little more expensive. Some of the enemies in TG/DB instances can see through stealth/invisibility so these are not foolproof. Stay in sneak and you will see the glowing circle around these enemies indicating where you need to avoid to not be pulled from stealth/invisibility. But with cheap invis pots, you can walk right through 3/4 of the instance and even bump into most enemies and be undetected.
    5). Practice. There are only a few instances for each of TG/DB quests. Doing them repeatedly will let you learn instance, where treasures and NPCs tend to spawn, where secret rooms are located, etc.
    6). If time runs out, abandon quest. Just do it right in middle of instance and get kicked back to TG/DB hideout. Give it 15 minutes or so and instance will reset. Take quest again and it will likely be easier because you have some experience of area you are sneaking through.
    7). For DB quests, you have to do optional part first. The timer starts when you kill primary target. You will never be able to kill primary target and still have time to complete optional objective and get out in 2 minutes. You have all the time you need to do optional objective if you do it first. 2 minute escape timer only kicks off after you kill primary target.
    8). If told to kill an NPC with poison, you can still use Blade of Woe. Just have a poison equipped on both bars when you use Blade of Woe.
    9). Plot out your escape route from DB instance before killing primary target. If necessary, clear out some of the NPCs along escape route by Blade of Woe'ing them before killing primary target.

Don't forget that your intention is *not* to engage in battle in these instances. So don't worry about wearing gear that seems "wrong" for your normal game activities. Your goal is speed and stealth. Wear gear and take passives to accomplish that.
  • xeoneexb14_ESO
    xeoneexb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest I only really want the unlocks, like the costumes and whatnot. I don't really see my need to continuuously do these repeatables that much anyway. They tend to get boring so I take breaks. But that gear will definatly help. I'll look into that thanks for the info.
    John 3:16 = For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.
  • Totes-Bode
    Totes-Bode
    ✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac said it all. Shadow Dancer is another set that's pretty easy to get for a speed bonus. If you don't want to make them yourself, you can also get trash stealth pots from either thieves troves or the Shadowy Supplier. Those are helpful.
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It seems that no matter how hard I try to race timers and kill the proper targets I NEVER can finish the extra objects for a "better reward". I get frustrated especially with thieves guild garbage that I dont even think I want to bother attempting the damn runs the way that you are SUPPOSED to do them. I honestly just want to run through kill everything just so I can get it over with. This isn't fun to me. I remember Skyrim, or hell even Oblivions, ones to not nearly be as time specific. I guess that might be why adding them to an online game as ESO it just doesn't work the same. How the hell do people even do these? I doubt I'll ever complete even one WITH the bonus objectives without being seen, or hit, or whatever. Bah I'm frustrated as ***.

On a NB it is very easy to do it. On any other class it is way harder and might require proper sets and use of invisibility potions for some of heists/sacraments to be done as intended. Sets to look for are any of these that reduces detection while in stealth by several meters, such as night terror that drops in Rivenspire, for example.
  • xeoneexb14_ESO
    xeoneexb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Enslaved wrote: »

On a NB it is very easy to do it. On any other class it is way harder and might require proper sets and use of invisibility potions for some of heists/sacraments to be done as intended. Sets to look for are any of these that reduces detection while in stealth by several meters, such as night terror that drops in Rivenspire, for example.

Well my NB is only 15 even then I still have trouble.
  • PocketNova
    PocketNova
    ✭✭✭✭
    I only ever did those on a magblade with cloak.

Simply refuse to do it on any other class.

Vamp stage 4 sneak speed + medium armor that has sneak speed bonuses + invis/speed pots could help for non-magblades.
    Edited by PocketNova on May 11, 2017 6:40AM
    PC NA
    Master Angler
    Dressed as Wonder Woman
    Living in Hogwarts
  • central_scrutinizer
    I never really even got into those much.

I do not play tes games to play with hard time limits. They were both very disappointing to me.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simple tip: Start with the "extra" assignment. If you start to complete them first, the timer won´t start (at least for the Dark Brotherhood quests). The timer starts when you kill the maintarget, so start with secondary target and then kill maintarget.

• Vipstaakki
    Vipstaakki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    L2Sneak
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of those are tough to complete even on a Nightblade . There's a couple set up that invis pots will do you zero good because guards are double stacked over objectives and you will be spotted at least twice . Anyone that says otherwise does not do them every day . They should not be set up with no win scenarios . That's a waste of a daily . If they are going to allow NPC guards to double stack on a corridor with no secret tunnel around then they should make inv pots work for lantern guards or take a look at NPC Pathing and correct the mistake . If those are almost impossible on a Majic Nightblade , then DK , Templar and Sorc have zero chance . I don't know who to tag that's in charge of quality control but every once in awhile a no win scenario like that happens and I know every map inside and out .
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Little tip for sacrements: If you spam throw dagger at a lantern guard when they're in front of you (with no one else around, like in a tunnel) they die in a few throws, they're stunned because of it being a sneak attack and thus they don't detect you. Good for when you have to get back to base and you're on a time limit and there's a guard down a hallway that you can't get around any other way.

But also just because it's fun to get back at those guards.
  • MCBIZZLE300
    MCBIZZLE300
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to do them with a stamblade every day, 5 piece nights silence makes it so easy! I didn't use any potions and i presume a magblade would be even easier.
  • MagnusBlackmane
    MagnusBlackmane
    ✭✭✭
    Well, with MagBlade both are a breeze... At least we can do that better than anyone else :wink: But really, sneak speed is the key.
    "You're trying too hard... do it at 80%, never 100%. Relax." - My sensei.
    --==--==--==--
    Server: EU PC
    Dracart - AD Khajiit, Currently Stamina Nightblade
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    sadownik wrote: »
    @FloppyTouch little correction - magica nb =)

Fixed ty XD
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of those are tough to complete even on a Nightblade . There's a couple set up that invis pots will do you zero good because guards are double stacked over objectives and you will be spotted at least twice . Anyone that says otherwise does not do them every day .

I do them every day. There used to be some "no win" spots but they've been fixed. In the places where it looks like you can't avoid the "lamped guards" you can hide behind landscape elements to pass by. Every heist is doable on time on any character with the right knowledge and gear/pots.
    Some sacraments are hard to complete on time. If the final/main target is at the opposite side of the instance, success gets tricky and relies somewhat on luck with the NPC routines.

• LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    psxfloh wrote: »
    - 3 pieces Night Terror

Or use 5 pieces of Night Mother's Embrace if you're a vampire and have the Dark Stalker Passive.

This.
    Got all sacrament/heist achieves on a dk with this setup.
    Edited by LadyNalcarya on May 11, 2017 9:11AM
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My StamBlade was my first to do Thieves Guild and DB, both were fairly easy with that character, due to sneak and of course the Nightblade's Cloak ability coming in handy plenty of times.

My Magicka Characters haven't touched the content with a ten foot pole.

Edited by ArchMikem on May 11, 2017 9:11AM
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • sickboy2808
    sickboy2808
    ✭✭✭
    I just go in and kill everything insight ha. But serious i need to do 5 heists perfect for chevo. So picking up some good tips here thanx
    ZOS takes cheating very Lightly. You have been warned, and any cheaters found out will get the Least punishment possible...
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PocketNova wrote: »
    I only ever did those on a magblade with cloak.

Simply refuse to do it on any other class.

Vamp stage 4 sneak speed + medium armor that has sneak speed bonuses + invis/speed pots could help for non-magblades.

I did them on a heavy armor, Nord tank. The quests and dailies are not bad at all.

Pretty much any other build will be better. :)
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • Lusty
    Lusty
    ✭✭✭
    rapid maneuver and invisibility pots with speed are your friend, first time i did those got really frustrated and failed all the time, but after a while i got the hang of it and finish with 3 minutes left.
    using a sorc too :)
    Where my argonian waifus at?
    EP General - 1200+
  • Drogo50
    Drogo50
    ✭✭✭
    If you have already reached the top rank in the TG and DB lines, is their any purpose in doing those daily quests?
    I can stare at a knot in a piece of wood
    until it frightens me.
  • Furinol
    Furinol
    ✭✭
    I found them to be frustrating/unfun until I had enough skill points to max out the thiefyness of my nightblade.

For TG I found maxxed force locks to be useful.

Medium leather passives,

Appropriate sets (which have already been named)

Once I was appropriately leveled and geared I found them to be some of my favorite in game activities.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're not a medium armor wearing NB with access to sneak attacks and cloaks, the TB/DB dailies are an absolute nightmare to do.

I don't think I've ever cursed and ragequit as much as when I did those.

The moment I got all my achievements and unlocks, I promptly stopped doing them altogether, and I haven't looked back since.
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

There are a couple sets you can collect, I don't remember the names but they are drops not craftable, that speed you up and reduce detection distance.

This allows you to essentially sprint by everything while in sneak and get to the targets.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lusty wrote: »
    rapid maneuver and invisibility pots with speed are your friend, first time i did those got really frustrated and failed all the time, but after a while i got the hang of it and finish with 3 minutes left.
    using a sorc too :)

Be careful with Rapid Maneuvers. It briefly pulls you out of stealth. I only use it at very beginning of Heist/Sacrament and in the twisty parts of corridors where I know there is no line of sight to any NPCs. Casting Rapid maneuvers at wrong time or place can easily reveal you to an entire room full of NPCs.

And remember not to run/sprint while in these instances as that can pull you out of stealth/invisibility. But if you have gear or passives to negate sneak speed penalty, you can get sprint-like speeds from speed potions or Rapid Maneuvers even while sneaking.

As a few other posters have mentioned, these Heists/Sacraments are a nightmare if you don't have lots of sneak/speed/thievery passives and gear. I hated them at first. But I ran in tandem with a guildie (they are not solo intances, you can go in with another players) who showed me lots of the tips and tricks. Most are now quite easy on my Sorc, who are most definitely not a sneak/rogue class. It is just bad RNG that sometimes puts final treasure/NPC target at farthest reaches of instance and can make it in a pain to finish in time.

Also, Sacrament targets change in middle of per day. Try taking in the morning. If primary target is 900 miles from entrance (I am looking at you, Aojee-Ei or whatever your name is at far end of Sewers Tenement), you can drop quest and try again in the evening. It will usually be different targets and they may be more optimally placed for a timely escape. I think daily quest flips at 1am ET, but the targets flip at both 1am ET and 7pm ET. You can still only do Sacrament once per day, though. This is also helpful if you are looking to get achievement to kill all Black Sacrament targets. If there are only a few left on your achievement list and none are part of Sacrament when take in morning, drop it and pick it up again in evening. Targets should be different and you may get one of these 2 or 3 more elusive Sacrament targets that seem to show up infrequently. Also, if a needed target is part of morning Sacrament, you can run in, Blade of Woe him, then drop quest. Achievement will still update that you killed NPC target even if you do not finish and turn in quest. Then pick quest up again in evening and see if another Sacarment target needed for achievement is there. So you effectively have two chances per day at NPCs needed for that achievement.
  • tonemd
    tonemd
    ✭✭✭✭
    - 3 pieces Night Terror

This.

Speaking of Night Terror and Night Mother's Embrace, do the reduced detection radius bonuses stack on those sets?
  • Eddyble
    Eddyble
    ✭✭✭✭
    tonemd wrote: »
    - 3 pieces Night Terror

This.

Speaking of Night Terror and Night Mother's Embrace, do the reduced detection radius bonuses stack on those sets?

For Now. They just took away movement speed stacking beyond 100% base so this might be next. :'(
    Eddyb1e - Xbox One - NA
    Eddyble - PC - NA