The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Master Crafter Writ Arcane Secrets of Mat Farming

• TechnoDreamVision
    TechnoDreamVision
    ✭✭✭
    Looking for style trait stones, hit Dwemer dungeons, inside them are many pots and jars. If you are lucky, you can find a Dwemer style motif. Also, lots of hoarvors located in the waterways in Grathwood.
  • Obsidian3
    Obsidian3
    ✭✭✭✭
    I get my best Bast, Regelus (sp?) and heartwood drops from Greenshade and Deshaan. In the outlying areas where not a lot of players are. Oh and I seem to get a lot of Mundane Runes from Greenshade as well.
  • mariskaas
    mariskaas
    ✭✭✭
    Bast and heartwood from the foresty areas in AD (greenshade, grathwood). I like craglorn as well but sometimes busy during peak hours, as well as wrothgar.

I always do a thieving run in the palace in orsinium and sometimes go to the cornerclub as well, has lots and lots of containers and maybe one guard who could see you in the palace. And i go to the bank in vulkhel guard. Drops a reasonable amount of furniture recipes.

Another good one: dwemer delves. Those dwemer pots seem to drop good things a lot. And do a run of coldharbour if you already have access. The hollow city does not count as stealing and has many cabinets and stuff as well.

I feel like if it is not stealing i get more crafting recipes since the loot pool is smaller (no treasures) but this is just a feeling.

• Aesha
    Aesha
    ✭✭
    I was just about to post...

Wasn't this thread titled "Master Crafter Writ Arcane Secrets of Mat Farming" ??

Not.. best places to steal?

When I read the last few replies.. whew.

I like the beaches of Bleakrock isle. The snow makes everything easy to spot. Lots of mats to be found.. meaning lots of furniture mats as well. Also wolves, crabs, and bears along the wave for hide/pelt.

Edited by Aesha on March 6, 2017 10:04AM
  • AboKor
    AboKor
    ✭✭✭
    Furniture Recepie - Area No3: Order of the Hour , Gold Coast
    ======
    But wait.... today morning after new patch something very sad is going on. NON of recepies from everywhere. Did they decreased looting chance AGAIN???? :s
    Furniture crafting PC EU
  • Indigo_Shade
    Indigo_Shade
    ✭✭✭
    mariskaas wrote: »
    I feel like if it is not stealing i get more crafting recipes since the loot pool is smaller (no treasures) but this is just a feeling.

I've been doing a lot of stealing and for sure, get less FOOD recipes. But RNG maybe has been with me, because I've gotten a lot of furniture recipes.

Oddly, or not, I find that backpacks found in the wild rarely drop furniture recipes, but if the backpack is in a building, the chances of it dropping a furniture recipe increase dramatically.
    Aesha wrote: »
    I was just about to post...

Wasn't this thread titled "Master Crafter Writ Arcane Secrets of Mat Farming" ??

Not.. best places to steal?

When I read the last few replies.. whew.

I like the beaches of Bleakrock isle. The snow makes everything easy to spot. Lots of mats to be found.. meaning lots of furniture mats as well. Also wolves, crabs, and bears along the wave for hide/pelt.

I like being able to farm mats and level Ledgermain at the same time. Something wrong with that?
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My Tamriel bacon is now Mudcrabs.

They drop: Mudcrab Chitin, Rubedo Leather, Decorative Wax, Clean Pelt.
  • Furinol
    Furinol
    ✭✭
    Eggzie wrote: »
    Old Orsinium is an excellent place for Deco Wax and furnishing recipes.

Also I've done a ton of furnishing recipe farming from dungeon containers and owned containers/pickpocketing. Only place purples come from, as far as I can tell, are in dungeon containers. I haven't gotten a single purple from stealing. Don't know if this means anything though. I've farmed about 15 purps so far from Old Orsinium jars and urns.

I can't remember which furnishing pattern it was but I have definitely pick pocketed a purple bp.
  • AboKor
    AboKor
    ✭✭✭
    Furinol wrote: »

I can't remember which furnishing pattern it was but I have definitely pick pocketed a purple bp.

by pickpocketing also possible to get high level furniture recepies?
    Furniture crafting PC EU
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AboKor wrote: »
    Furinol wrote: »

by pickpocketing also possible to get high level furniture recepies?

Yes, can get purple furniture recipes from pickpocketing, rare drop though.
    You can also get a few gold recipes from nobles in certain areas (throne recipes). Bosmer, Breton & 3 Orc thrones are ones that I know of.
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A note for those who are collecting purple housing recipes;
    At the moment you can get a random purple recipe for 10 writ vouchers from the master writ vendor. When Morrowind hits the shelves they will cost 25 writ vouchers a piece.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Synfaer wrote: »
    At the moment you can get a random purple recipe for 10 writ vouchers from the master writ vendor. When Morrowind hits the shelves they will cost 25 writ vouchers a piece.

That's an important point. Are the voucher prices on anything else rising?
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Synfaer wrote: »

That's an important point. Are the voucher prices on anything else rising?
    Other prices have stayed the same.

On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone