Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO: Morrowind Early Access Details"

• Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    YAY!!!!

This lore junkie gonna get his fix o:)

Oh yea baby, time to grab that axe and star swinging B)
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    What for people purchased Morrowind Upgrade from retailers. Can people sign the form with proove of purchase to get early access?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    The_Saint wrote: »
    Cinbri wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    does it mean that since May22 there will be no more changes on pts, i.e. all changes(class, etc.) solidifed before eary access starts?

We will not be updating the PTS once Early Access begins; next week will be the last patch. That said, we may make additional tweaks before Morrowind's launch in June.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    On monday EU chars will stay then or NA copy again?
    We'll be leaving EU characters on the PTS.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    What for people purchased Morrowind Upgrade from retailers. Can people sign the form with proove of purchase to get early access?
    No, the form is strictly for Physical CEs.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    :|
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• lygerseye
    lygerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry if I'm dense, but how does ZOS know what account I purchased the Digital Upgrade for so that it's available to me on May 22?

Edit: Amazon has only given me an order number and states: "This item will be available on June 6, 2017 at 12:00 AM PST"

Also tag: @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by lygerseye on May 10, 2017 6:41PM
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And those of us who foolishly purchased the Physical Edition has a PITA process to go through to get verified. Couldn't you at least accept us forwarding the receipt email from Amazon? Nooooo, you make us print it out, write our user name on the receipt, scan or photo the signed receipt, and then attach it to the submission form. L-A-M-E.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

BUMMER.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • MadMattatatta
    If you're going to let pc/mac have early access you might as well lift the nda on the pts. You're spoiling the game for 2/3 of your player base because new content is all streamers will be playing. what a crock of zos
  • taiyoukei
    taiyoukei
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds interesting. I just hope the early access is less buggy than the PTS version.
    I might even be able to grind in two certain places for two certain collectable items during those two weeks! (I wish I could say what, but NDA still in effect.)
    "Taffer!"
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Look at it on the bright side - means more betatesters to try things out between the 22nd and June 6th :)
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glad I have not pre-ordered. This will give me a couple weeks with base game patch and see if PvE combat is as much of a mess on live as it looks on paper (and is on PTS). If all the Trials/Dungeons/VMA/VDSA turn into heavy attacks online or take twice as long to complete due to low DPS/high sustain builds becoming mandatory, I'll know it before Morrowind truly goes "live". It is like a PC sneak preview to let us decide if we want to buy Morrowind or not. If PvE combat is a mess, why bother buying new Chapter of a game that is likely to lose my interest and that I stop playing? But if combat isn't too bad and PvE combat remains fairly fluid and action-oriented, I'll be able to buy Morrowind with total confidence that it is money well spent.
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the early acces! :) I am looking forward to that extra bag space and perhaps Morrowind being a little less crowded than it will be on June 6th.
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • lilrazeincb14_ESO
    lilrazeincb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

In order to get the Early Access with a Digital purchase, does that need to specifically be from the official Elder Scrolls Online store? What if a Digital Copy was purchased through a different website?
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here we go - it reminds me of 2014
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

harlfip.0.gif
  • Raventh
    Raventh
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    Glad I have not pre-ordered. This will give me a couple weeks with base game patch and see if PvE combat is as much of a mess on live as it looks on paper (and is on PTS). If all the Trials/Dungeons/VMA/VDSA turn into heavy attacks online or take twice as long to complete due to low DPS/high sustain builds becoming mandatory, I'll know it before Morrowind truly goes "live". It is like a PC sneak preview to let us decide if we want to buy Morrowind or not. If PvE combat is a mess, why bother buying new Chapter of a game that is likely to lose my interest and that I stop playing? But if combat isn't too bad and PvE combat remains fairly fluid and action-oriented, I'll be able to buy Morrowind with total confidence that it is money well spent.

Well if what I believe is correct they are going to be doing what WoW does which is base game patch for everyone but only those who bought morrowind get new content
    PC-NA

LVL47 AD-Khajiit StamBlade Ra'venth

• Greydir
    Greydir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does The Digital Upgrade include the Digital Upgrade Version via Steam, since that is a Retailer to?
    Ebenherzpakt
    Sir Greydir - Dunmer DK
    Don Greydir - Kajit NB
    Ser Greydir - Imperial DK
    Dieser-Greydir-Heilt - Argonier Templer
    Greydir Finsterklinge - Bretone NB
    Greydir Drakenson - Nord Hüter
    Clear: vAA HM - vHrC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF TTT - vAS [+2] - vCR [+3] GH - vSS HM - vKA HM - vRG
  • Toorlokviing
    Toorlokviing
    ✭✭✭
    Ashtaris wrote: »
    And those of us who foolishly purchased the Physical Edition has a PITA process to go through to get verified. Couldn't you at least accept us forwarding the receipt email from Amazon? Nooooo, you make us print it out, write our user name on the receipt, scan or photo the signed receipt, and then attach it to the submission form. L-A-M-E.

oh i just copy and pasted my receipt into a text document but that may not work lol. ill know sooner or later if they will accept that.
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gina, if we got the physical edition Collector's edition does that come with another ESO account or will it only enable Morrowind on our original accounts? (Since someone buying the physical collection collector's edition could in theory be a new player).

So with my purchase could I upgrade my own game and gift the base game account to someone else?
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • CREEP
    CREEP
    ✭✭
    PC test monkey to the rescue (or doom) of all console players with two week advance knowledge (or complaining)! Only good thing about console with this game.
  • alsuran
    alsuran
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Sorry to ask pretty much the same thing as the others, but I bought my digital upgrade via Greenmangaming, and they didn't send me a key yet, I assume it's going to happen near the launch date. Any idea if they will get the upgrade keys from you guys by the time Early Access begins? Or is the early access only for digital upgrades bought through your store?

Thanks!
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    does it mean that since May22 there will be no more changes on pts, i.e. all changes(class, etc.) solidifed before eary access starts?

We will not be updating the PTS once Early Access begins; next week will be the last patch. That said, we may make additional tweaks before Morrowind's launch in June.

So much for player feedback then.
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
  • Epoxid
    Epoxid
    ✭✭✭
    Is PTS v3.0.3 the final release for early access ? I hope not :-)

Edited by Epoxid on May 10, 2017 9:25PM
    ESO-Teriker
  • Eldartar
    Eldartar
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Exciting news. Having a slight problem though, I am unable to get past the log in screen when signing up for early access (I have pre-ordered the Collectors Edition) I enter my username and password hit return ....... nothing ... click 'log in' .... again NOTHING!!

I have tried 6 times and NOTHING!
    H-E-L-P!!

Anyone else having the same issue?
  • GlassHalfFull
    GlassHalfFull
    ✭✭✭✭
    lygerseye wrote: »
    Sorry if I'm dense, but how does ZOS know what account I purchased the Digital Upgrade for so that it's available to me on May 22?

Edit: Amazon has only given me an order number and states: "This item will be available on June 6, 2017 at 12:00 AM PST"

The ESO form process states you need to write your ESO account name on the screen print of your Amazon order.

In the Amazon order, I selected "View or Print", screen shot this, pasted into paint, added my account name, saved and filled out the ESO form.
    Curiosity is the cure for boredom, there is no cure for curiosity.
  • lygerseye
    lygerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lygerseye wrote: »

The ESO form process states you need to write your ESO account name on the screen print of your Amazon order.

In the Amazon order, I selected "View or Print", screen shot this, pasted into paint, added my account name, saved and filled out the ESO form.

Someone's been beating me over the head with this in another thread... I'm glad this works, but ZOSs instructions wouldn't get you to this solution.
  • deathbyk1te
    deathbyk1te
    ✭✭✭
    Eldartar wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Exciting news. Having a slight problem though, I am unable to get past the log in screen when signing up for early access (I have pre-ordered the Collectors Edition) I enter my username and password hit return ....... nothing ... click 'log in' .... again NOTHING!!

H-E-L-P!!

Yeah I'm having the same problem.
    @deathbyk1te

Dani Ackerman- DD- Redguard NB [EP]
    Leona Chosen of the Sun- Tank-Imperial DK [EP]
    Diana Avatar of the Moon- DD- Nord Templar [EP]
    Fate T Harlaown- DD- Imperial Sorc [EP]
    Kha Zix Talons- Healer-Argonian Templar [EP]
  • LokiLoke
    LokiLoke
    Soul Shriven
    I just bought the upgrade and it says June 6th, but I thought this thread just said the 22nd?
  • Amarinth
    Amarinth
    ✭✭
    Eldartar wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

H-E-L-P!!

I had the same problem and thought for a moment that I was going mad. I actually started digging through my password database in search of an entry for ESO Support, because I knew for a fact that I'd been able to log into their Support portal in the past.

After a while I figured out I was using the correct login details after all, but the Support site wasn't accepting them.

Warning bells starting ringing in my head, because I've run into this same issue with other online services in the past, where a certain password works just fine on login page A, but not on login page B. Usually this a result of login page B limiting the password length to something less than the maximum password length allowed during account creation, causing lengthier passwords, like mine, to be cut off at the end. This minor oversight makes it impossible to sign in on such a page until the password is shortened.

I tried resetting my password once without changing the length and still couldn't log into the Support page. I then shortened the password to 10 characters and was finally able to log into the Support site. Supposedly they allow passwords upto 200 characters now, but I get the feeling one of their web developers didn't get that memo...
    Yeah I'm having the same problem.

Give what I've described above a try. I can't promise anything, but if my theory is correct, shortening your password should do the trick. :)
    Edited by Amarinth on May 10, 2017 10:53PM
  • Tminus41
    Tminus41
    Soul Shriven
    What if I pre-ordered the digital upgrade through Amazon? They are stating on the games library page that I can't access the content until June 6th? Am I screwed then?

EDIT: I simply cancelled my Amazon order as I'm not finding much helpful information that makes a whole lot of sense to me at a glance. If they were going to release this early for current players who pre-ordered it should have been far better thought out.
    Edited by Tminus41 on May 11, 2017 12:08AM