The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Any Youtubers/Streamers maining a Stam DK?

Vapirko
Vapirko
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Suggestions? I'm finding a SB/2H stam DK to be really tough when it comes to taking people out who are good players. Your average zerger is no issue, but a good player of any class with good sustain and burst is an issue and I'm trying to learn some techniques. I do not have a Maelstrom weapon so I'm missing out on that. But I find that because my burst is so low, unless I'm wearing Selene maybe, that my sustain doesn't do much good because eventually it's gonna run out. If my game is laggy that amount of time shortens by a lot.
  • Aeerol
    Aeerol
    ✭✭✭
    Just look up one of Kodi's stam dk builds. He runs it pretty regularly.
  • mtwiggz
    mtwiggz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly wouldn't invest too much time or gold into getting a new setup this close to patch time. The "BiS" S&B StamDK builds are not performing very well on PTS, or at least not as well as they are on live.
    Edited by mtwiggz on April 30, 2017 5:58AM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mtwiggz wrote: »
    Honestly wouldn't invest too much time or gold into getting a new setup this close to patch time. The "BiS" S&B StamDK builds are not performing very well on PTS, or at least not as well as they are on live.

I've got my own builds and some ideas for post Morrowind, mostly just want to watch tactics and techniques.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Krotha plays a Stam DK. Hate him or love him, he's a stam DK powerhouse and exclusively plays on noCP.

He was streaming last night, so he might have some highlights?
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Sensei_Brew
    Sensei_Brew
    ✭✭
    Only way to burst with S/B is to be very skilled at animation canceling...LA ransack bash
  • Krotha
    Krotha
    ✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Suggestions? I'm finding a SB/2H stam DK to be really tough when it comes to taking people out who are good players. Your average zerger is no issue, but a good player of any class with good sustain and burst is an issue and I'm trying to learn some techniques. I do not have a Maelstrom weapon so I'm missing out on that. But I find that because my burst is so low, unless I'm wearing Selene maybe, that my sustain doesn't do much good because eventually it's gonna run out. If my game is laggy that amount of time shortens by a lot.

You will be able to enjoy Stam DK until Morrowind release. I have no problem sitting down with you and telling everything I know until then. Look at for the stream!
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Krotha wrote: »

You will be able to enjoy Stam DK until Morrowind release. I have no problem sitting down with you and telling everything I know until then. Look at for the stream!

Actually having quite a bit of fun with the fury set and bow/2h. SB just isn't my style really, it's too defensive. I've geared towards a more offensive/aggressive play style and am leveling a stam sorc for Morrowind. I don't like mag rotations, gonna be a die hard stam fan.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now on morrowwind Stam DKs took 9 significant nerfs to their specific meta...

I do enjoy mine .... currently not OP but not weak either... but cancel animations are essential in solo and small man action....
    Edited by Durham on May 4, 2017 3:52PM
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Kay1
    Kay1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NastyYc is the only one I know, most PvP players doesn't main just one class, is very rare because the more classes you play the better you get, if you want the name of players that sometimes play with a Stam DK then I can tell you about thousands of very good players.

I leave you one of my videos if you're interested, I don't main a DK but I have 1k hours in PvP with two different ones. https://youtu.be/mMMywv5HKoY

If you tell me what type of build you want I can give you a build, I have 1vX build, small-scale build, 1v1 builds, ect...

K1 The Big Monkey
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »
    Right now on morrowwind Stam DKs took 9 significant nerfs to their specific meta...

I do enjoy mine .... currently not OP but not weak either... but cancel animations are essential in solo and small man action....

hey @Durham do you mind listing those nerfs?
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are the nerfs to my class meta....

1. 5% stam universal increase ......(minor) all stam
    2. champ point change no reduction in stam cost. (Major)
    3. Heavy Armor resource return -42% (Major)
    4. Medium Armor cost reduction passive nerf (Moderate)
    5. Increase in the cost of VIGOR by 30% ( Major)
    6. Block cost increased form .5 to .25 (Major)
    7. DK Battle Roar (Moderate) nerf
    8. DK helping hands passive nerf (Major)
    9. DK ingenious shields major mending nerf (Major)
    10. Rearguard race nerf (Moderate) there are a ton of redguard DKs

With no real access to purge except STAMPLARS I consider the defile buff change to be pretty on rough on stam also.. right now 40% major defile + 20% minor defile is easy to get and will be devastating ....

This is my issue I see major nerfs stacking ... this nerf on top of nerf is really bad for us stam users in PVP that require us to use our damage/heals/mobility from 1 stat.. In PVP mobility is very expensive .....some of this needs to be removed ... honestly the DK class nerfs are not needed the universal nerfs will be more then enough....The universal blocking nerf will hit DKs the hardest and I also think that change was to much .... .5 to .4 or .35 would have been better ....

Most of these are universal but when you add them up to the major nerfs of the DK it's devastating to the meta in PVP....

Stam in PVP got pulverized ..
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kay1 wrote: »
    NastyYc is the only one I know, most PvP players doesn't main just one class, is very rare because the more classes you play the better you get, if you want the name of players that sometimes play with a Stam DK then I can tell you about thousands of very good players.

I leave you one of my videos if you're interested, I don't main a DK but I have 1k hours in PvP with two different ones. https://youtu.be/mMMywv5HKoY

If you tell me what type of build you want I can give you a build, I have 1vX build, small-scale build, 1v1 builds, ect...

There is only 1 stam build on test that works to some extent for DK.....but the other classes simply out class the DK at this point .... it's not about builds right now it about class stam symmetry .....
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, thanks for listing that out - yeah i think of the 10 you listed, only 3 really apply to me. helping hands is going to hurt - straight up. and igneous shields major mending nerf is just going to make you more attentive to when to heal. but yeah i see where everyone is up in arms.

Tbh, been running into some infinite sustain, ultra tanky bursty builds on no CP campaign thats left my group scratching our heads to how its even possible. so if this helps with that, then im willing to do what i need to do to adjust.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd be curious to know what your run for 1vX
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Krotha plays a Stam DK. Hate him or love him, he's a stam DK powerhouse and exclusively plays on noCP.

He was streaming last night, so he might have some highlights?

Who is the Krotha on True Flame? It would make sense that it's a different Krotha as the one on TF is pretty easy to kill.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Krotha plays Azuras mostly.

Although I think he quit for good.
  • Magıc
    Magıc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StamDK is dead in Morrowind so enjoy it while you can. As a stamDK main, I've already retired mine in preperation for how OP stamplar is going to be.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd be curious to know what your run for 1vX

With a Stam DK you can only 1 v X against bad players .. a few competent players and you dead in the water... consistant application of major and minor defiles and CC and your toast....

You have limited mobility ...
    No access to a cheap purge ...
    No get away .....

After next update you will be even weaker ... if you want to 1vx look towards a Stam sorc first...

PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Every class, magicka or stamina, you can only 1vX against players of a significantly lower skillset. (Unless you are emp at the time.) This will not change with Morrowind.
  • scipionumatia
    scipionumatia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamplar is gonna be op? How so?
    Scipio Numantia Red guard Nightblade PvP- AD
    Scipio Asiaticus Khajiit Nightblade (CRAFTER/DPS) PvE- EP
    Altmer Nightblade PvP- EP
    Fueoculto Breton Templar (DPS) PvE- EP
    Rasoculto Orc Dragon Knight PvP- EP
    Caethus Argonian Templar (HEAL) PvE- EP
    Vale Oso Nord Sorc (DPS) PvE- AD
    Sir-Galahad-the-pure Altmer Sorc (DPS) PvE- EP