Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

Twilight Shard (the new memento) bug - the sun and the moon in the wrong hands! Images attached!

Maverick_Brian
Server: PC, EU

I've discovered a bug with the new Twilight Shard memento, awarded upon completing the "The missing prophecy" quest, added this Monday. When the bug occurs, the shining sun and moon that should be in your character's hands when you use the memento are actually in the hands of an NPC or of a nearby player, thus your hands will be "empty" (your character won't hold those in his hands) when the bug occurs. I will attach a couple of images, showcasing the bug, below.

Despite trying my best to find out what causes this bug, I was unable to do that, so I don't really have a consistent way of reproducing it. It seems to occur when you keep using the memento in the following ways, though as I've already mentioned, I don't know how to reproduce the bug with a "100% occurance rate", but I came up with a list of things I have done which managed to make the bug occur for me:
-simply keep using it while there are NPCs and/or players nearby by waiting 2-5 seconds after it comes off cooldown.
-use it in more populated areas, multiple times.
-move around a bit inbetween uses and keep using it 2-5 seconds after it comes off cooldown.

This first image shows how that female NPC character located near the Belkarth wayshrine holds the sun and the moon in its hands, instead of your character:
q5wdhq1nryi5.jpg

This second image shows how another player holds the sun and the moon in his character's hands, instead of my character:
gqf1gd3jqyui.jpg

Apparently, this bug seems to be clearly visible by other players too (it is not a visual bug that can be seen only from your perspective / on your screen; others can see it occuring aswell).

Please fix it, that memento is absolutelly awesome and I hate to see my character perform that memento incorrectly. The whole point of the memento is to symbolise a tribute to Azura, the Daedric Prince of Dusk and Dawn. Without the sun and the moon in your character's hands, it is just a cool show of lights in my opinion...
"You are the universe experiencing itself." - Alan Watts.
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey,

This is probably because mementos are targetable which is a goood thing for most of them. Eg you can target the mudballs and petal thingie. Your error probably occurs because you are targeting another person (I think). Try to target someone and activate it to see if you can make it happen every time. Then try activating with people around but specifically not targetting anyone and see if it still happens
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
    Options
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really think it's an error, I think it's pretty intentional. There are other targetable mementoes, like mudballs and cherry branches, and it's rather cool that you can send the moon and star into someone else's hands by targeting them, while having them in your own hands if you don't target anyone.

Doesn't seem bugged at all to me.
    Options
  • Maverick_Brian
    @LMar and @Carbonised indeed, you guys are right, I was wrong. Sorry for that, it really seemed suspicious to me at first and I was unable to figure out the memento is actually targetable, since that's not mentioned anywhere. It's a pretty interesting feature.

P.S.: This thread can now be closed or disregarded.
    "You are the universe experiencing itself." - Alan Watts.
    Options