Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

is there an addon to quickly change gear, also whats best set for magik templar

TraumaHawk
TraumaHawk
✭✭
what are some of the most wanted sets? i have 6 characters iv been saving everythig so i might have it but not sure what i should use for magik templar. i do alot of DoT so keep that in mind but im a noob and need some help
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Addon to change gear: "dressing room".

Sets that are good for Magicka Templar (DPS): the current Meta for most magDPS classes is 5x Burning Spellweave (from City of Ash) and 3-5 x moondancer - add in Sharpened maelstrom DS if possible on one bar. Decent alternative sets are Julianos or Twice Born Star, or Soulshine may be ok in PvP (Heavy armor). 3 pieces Willpower and 3 pieces Infallible Aether is also ok if you can't get any other combo with your main 5 piece set.
    Grothdar monster helm/shoulder set, although depending on your situation and playstyle (and armor traits), DPS is much the same with Valkyn Skoria or Nerieneth. Personally I use Slimecraw instead since I mostly used ranged DPS on my magplar.
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clarification: Don't bother farming for the BSW set anymore if you are a Magplar. The proc chance and increase in spell damage are both being nerfed in the Morrowind update (as per PTS patch notes 3.0.3, it may change again). ZoS doesn't like it when one set becomes THE "go-to" for all classes, so they tend to tune the set values until there are other viable choices.

The specific challenge for Magplars is that they only have one class skill which does flame damage (Burning light and morphs), so you'd have to rely on destruction staff (Wall of Elements) and/or light attacks with a flame damage enchant to proc the BSW set. However, once your target is at 25% or lower, you should be channeling your Radiant Destruction execute continuously - anything else is a DPS loss - and that does not do any flame damage. That means your BSW 5th piece bonus is going to be useless for about 20% of the fight (the execute phase goes relatively fast if others also have executes). BSW may still be appropriate for magDKs - not sure about any other classes.
    Edited by Pyr0xyrecuprotite on May 8, 2017 9:19PM
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alpha gear is good too.