The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Rejoin Mages Guild in Cadwell's Silver?

Imryll
Imryll
✭✭✭✭✭
My Aldmeri Dominion character is Master Wizard and has maxed out the Mages Guild skill lines. However, Rudrasa in the Davon's Watch guild hall had a quest for her, and I spoke to her to find out what it was. It seems that she's offering me 82 gold to join the guild--and recommends that I speak to Valaste. I just said good-bye because I didn't want to screw up my game, but I'm curious now. Are the guild quests repeatable or is this just a bug? Inquiring minds want to know. For what it's worth, I did not send Valaste to the Shivering Isles the first time, so she should be in Tamriel.

Best Answers

• psychojudge
    psychojudge
    ✭✭✭
    no they are not repeatable.

you just do that to 'join' the mage guild for that faction. same for the fighters guild i believe
    but you do not get anymore quests from that in cadwells silver and gold.

hope this helps.
    Answer ✓
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a weird bug in the game with the Mages. I had a character that I thought had joined the Mages. But, perhaps he did not. He did get all the credit for the Books and leveled the Mages Guild that way and used Mages Skills. But, when I finally went to go do the quests, I was given an offer to join the Guild.

I had not done any of their quests yet, so not sure what to make of that. In any event, I doubt anything bad comes from joining them again, or later on like I did.

One thing to remember, you level the Mage's Skill Lines as for unlocking skills by reading lore books. Now they have the dailies, but prior to that, you can finish the mages guild's quests and barely level the skill line. Or you could level the skill line by joining (or not as above) and never do one of their quests.
    Edited by Nestor on May 1, 2017 9:00PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Answer ✓
  • Nord_Templar
    Nord_Templar
    ✭✭✭
    The same situation. But my character is the Templar.
    I graduated from the Dominion and started the Pact.
    Guild Quests, passed earlier.
    No problem. I came to the Guild of Mages in Stonefalls, I see the marker of the unrequited quest. I talked and the marker disappeared.

Answer ✓