The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Upgrade tamriel unlimited to gold edition

EgoSenpai
EgoSenpai
Soul Shriven
Hi! my english isnt very good so i cant search for information

i own THE ELDER SCROLLS® ONLINE: TAMRIEL UNLIMITED™ PC/MAC DIGITAL EDITION

i can buy the gold edition for 20€ so i dont need 5500 crowns (35€) (i like the 4 dlcs)

can i upgrade my account with the gold edition code or i need to create a new account and start a new character?
  • maltinkilic
    maltinkilic
    ✭✭✭
    As far as i know there i no account transfer. So you have to start all over again. It is sad realy in one countries gold is cheaper but they cant benefit it.
  • Dawnblade
    Dawnblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it is pretty dumb that Gold edition with the four DLCs plus a horse is available for much less than upgrading an existing account with just the DLCs through the store, and that the code from the Gold edition can't be used on an existing account.

Here in the US, I can find a Gold edition code for ~$25, while the 5500 crowns would run ~$40.

Anyways, I just sub for a few months here and there, spend the crowns I get on things like costumes, and just don't bother buying the DLCs through any means (and I'd still sub AND buy the DLCs if I could use the Gold code on my account - so while it isn't as much as selling me 5500 crowns, ZOS is leaving on the table).

• Anunakis
    Anunakis
    ✭✭✭
    EgoSenpai wrote: »
    Hi! my english isnt very good so i cant search for information

i own THE ELDER SCROLLS® ONLINE: TAMRIEL UNLIMITED™ PC/MAC DIGITAL EDITION

i can buy the gold edition for 20€ so i dont need 5500 crowns (35€) (i like the 4 dlcs)

can i upgrade my account with the gold edition code or i need to create a new account and start a new character?

I asked support about the same and here is their answer :smile:
    I understand that you are curious whether or not you can apply an ESO Gold edition code to accounts with existing ESO Standard or Imperial edition codes applied. This is unfortunately not the case.

The reason that you are unable to redeem the Gold Edition code onto your account is because you already have a valid game code registered to your account. Since a Gold Edition is for the complete game, it must be applied to a brand new account.

so basicaly if you have standard/emperor edition only way to upgrade is to purchase crowns and all dlc ,
    and upgrade from standard to morrowind doesn't include any dlc , so if you veteran player you pay for promotions for all newcomers , we always pay the higherst price :>
    Edited by Anunakis on May 8, 2017 2:11AM