Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

What is the best advice you could give someone who plays ESO?

ViciousBunnii
ViciousBunnii
✭✭✭
As the title states; What is the best advice you could give someone who plays ESO? Maybe something ESO players should know, but overlook. Or something you wish was told to you. Maybe more than just one thing..

I've been playing since Christmas, everyday. But I still learn new things all the time. I am sure there is much more for me to learn.
PC/NA

Forever salty about the Shadow Rider Senche
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. stay off the forums

I wish I could say that is a joke but it's not.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stay off the forums. They're toxic as heck. The only reason I'm still here is that I'm addicted to the game, and have a thick skin.

Great game. Craptastic, bully-friendly forum.

As far as the game itself goes: I recommend deconstructing most of the weapons and armor you find, because you can get great rare materials from them sometimes.

Edited by SydneyGrey on May 3, 2017 3:06AM
  • scorpiodog
    scorpiodog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Focus on fun:
    - If it's not fun, don't do it
    - When it stops being fun, stop doing it
    - Tell people to just chill and wait - you're going to listen to the quest.

I don't even want to think about how many hours I've spent doing non-fun stuff to get this or get that, only to find out it's junk and doesn't work like you expected.
  • TamrielSaviour215
    TamrielSaviour215
    ✭✭✭
    scorpiodog wrote: »
    I don't even want to think about how many hours I've spent doing non-fun stuff to get this or get that, only to find out it's junk and doesn't work like you expected.

I would agree with this! I would say play the game and just go through the main quest and guild quests to level up. I spent so long doing side quests my first time through and it took soooo long. I thought I would get more rewards, better experience, but no. It was just a grind. Those quests will eventually get done. There is no need to try and 100% the game as that will happen with time. Just enjoy the game as you go and things will fall into place.
    PS4/NA
    Jasunr Cosmus - Imperial Templar, Supreme Healer of the Cosmos CP 240
    Itzal Siavish - Khajit NB, Thief LVL 38
    Bruxana - Altmer Sorc, Powerhouse DPS Lvl 18
    Torvakor - Redguard Stam Warden Lvl 7
    Langsdon Emerson - Imperial DK Tank - Lvl 31
  • xb1LL_mr_sir_LL
    xb1LL_mr_sir_LL
    ✭✭✭
    do max lvl writs on 10 characters everyday.
  • Arkvoril
    Arkvoril
    ✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »
    1. stay off the forums

I wish I could say that is a joke but it's not.

+1
    NA/PC

Arkvoril
    Level 50 Altmer Sorcerer
    A Vampire with a Werewolf Companion.
    Master Alchemist and Enchanter;
  • Ignotus
    Ignotus
    ✭✭✭
    This: http://minion.mmoui.com/
    and
    This: http://www.esoui.com/addons.php
    In my opinion.

I think there is a thread somewhere in the addons and ui section of these forums that lists some of the more useful addons as of 2017.
    ...and here is the thread: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/304996/addons-list-as-of-april-2017/p1
  • Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Play your first run however you want to play. Don't look up Meta-builds, and don't let anyone order you how to play it.
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Play the way you want to play. :) And stay away from the in-depth guides with theorycrafting, builds, etc. since they can offer so much new information at once that it can make things confusing for a newbie.
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Relax, it's a game.

Find what you enjoy, do more of that, if you find something you don't enjoy stop doing it.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stay off the forums. Too many.. Negative posts. And some from people who don't even play the game any more.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • nodulo
    nodulo
    ✭✭✭
    Be wary of the Inn at Davon's watch, very weary or you'll be singing Red Diamonds, Red Diamonds internally for hours afterwards!!