The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

New Guild Idea; Need Opinions

xXKillbotXx1999
Hi, everybody!

So, I thought of an idea a few minutes ago, and thought I'd share it before I act on said idea. I want to create a trading guild, but not in the traditional "pay fees, bid on traders, maybe sell stuff, repeat" cycle. About a week ago I was browsing the forums and found where people could turn their homes into businesses. It inspired me to develop the system in which I will now describe:

I want to run this guild like a company, so I would have multiple positions available to interested "employees" of the company; some paid weekly, some paid by contribution, and some paid through commission. I would name these positions according to their role (of course). So, an example of a "contributory (dictionary check, please?) worker" would be the "Whistleblower", who would send me mail and statistics on the various prices of items and mats per my request. The pay wouldn't be marvelous, but it's something. An example of the "commission-based worker" would be the "Stock Merchant". Their responsibility would be to provide "stock" for the shop. They would be paid a maximum of 60% of their sold item. If I couldn't sell it within 1 week, starting on the current week's Monday, I would return their item. They could suggest a price that they would want to sell it for, but it may not be taken into consideration if the price is absurdly high. A "weekly paid" worker might be my personal "Bookkeeper", the one who manages what is and isn't sold should I take a leave of absence.

Now, as I have said, I don't want to use a guild trader; I want it all to be player-to-player based. Kind of like how a real organization would work. This is where I see all the conflict sending it's attention towards. You are probably asking yourself "How do I know you aren't just going to steal my item and use it" or "How do I know I will get my cut?". Well, quite frankly, you don't. However, I believe this is where an opportunity strikes. We can start to build trust within our little community by starting off with small deals, and working our way up.

I was wanting to add maybe a role-play element or two, as well. Such as using my house as a shop that people could visit and "browse my goods", so to speak. This would also open up an opportunity to hire a "Shop Decorator". I would pay a one time fee to somebody to arrange furniture that they have crafted or acquired in my "shop" to make it look more appealing to customers. If I liked the results, I could re-hire that person to do the job for me again when I move to a new house.

I would really like everyone's opinions on this idea, and I would like to hear suggestions as well. Thanks for reading this post.

Best regards,
Killbot
  • Zvorgin
    Zvorgin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure someone would agree to supply items for 60% commission if they could sell on their own and keep 100%
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How are you going to let people know what is being sold?
    Your house can only be open to people in guilds with you or your friends list... How would this be viable?

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • xXKillbotXx1999
    Hi guys, sorry for the late reply. So, @Zvorgin . Commission is up for debate, but this would be a way for me to keep people in my employ. To keep our own personal economy flowing nice and easy. Also, think of it as a cheaper alternative to guild fees.

@Sigtric , I would use guild announcements and probably create a community page on one or multiple websites where I would post a public, handwritten ledger. With your comment on houses: that was kind of a small rp element to add. I figured I would find a buyer in zone chat, invite them to my house to see the "market", and proceed with the sale. Simple, but perhaps not very efficient now that you mention it.