Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Hunting down barharbas curse armor

foty5dragoons
foty5dragoons
Soul Shriven
Hello i'm new to the forums but not the game, I was wondering if any one had some reinforced baharabas curse heavy armor. While i have no idea if this is the right spot for this topic or if there is a right topic for it. I play on the ps4 NA severs if you got some of this armor stashed away collecting dust i will buy it in game.

Best Answers

• Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This i know all too well. i have a full set already and have visited every guild trader in the game only finding helms and shoulders. but i'm looking for heavy reinforced, chest legs hands and feet. and it only drops in hews bane in light from the chests.
    It's random, meaning if you really want the sets, you'll probably need to grind the area for about 2 weeks while checking guilds hoping for the best.

Your best bet is a drop from BaRaha's Gloom. Take out the ugly in the hoarvor pit as it drops loot, as well as the boss itself.
    Before leaving, check the path which exits the right. A chest sometimes spawns on the table to the left right inside the mine entrance. Continue and exit through the golden doors.

Leave the delve. To the northwest, a chest sometimes appears on the rocks (you can't miss it if you follow the path). This will also drop leveled loot, though only the Master will drop heavy (that I've seen).

This may seem cheap, but you can also wait around until some of the overland bosses are about to die. Hop in, fire off as many shots as you can, and loot.

Go back to BaRaha's Gloom. Rinse. Repeat.

Oh, why go through the golden doors? This may be a quirk, fluke, or just my imagination, but I swear the delve drops purple every time I go through those doors. If I don't, then the highest after the first kill is random blue, mostly green.

Good luck with your new quest. At least the weather in Hew's Bane is nice. :smile:
    Answer ✓
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can get Bahraha's armour in any weight at random from the reward containers for Main Quest Thieves Guild, and from perfect heists.

Overworld treasure chests, random mobs, and bosses in my experience will drop light armour, weapons, and jewellery.

I only ever saw purple jewels of this set from the perfect heist containers, personally.
    Edited by Khenarthi on May 5, 2017 12:43PM
    PC-EU
    Answer ✓
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It come from hews bane and it's a variable armor type dropping in light medium or heavy. Many guild traders have it.
  • foty5dragoons
    foty5dragoons
    Soul Shriven
    This i know all too well. i have a full set already and have visited every guild trader in the game only finding helms and shoulders. but i'm looking for heavy reinforced, chest legs hands and feet. and it only drops in hews bane in light from the chests.
  • foty5dragoons
    foty5dragoons
    Soul Shriven
    Violynne wrote: »
    It's random, meaning if you really want the sets, you'll probably need to grind the area for about 2 weeks while checking guilds hoping for the best.

Your best bet is a drop from BaRaha's Gloom. Take out the ugly in the hoarvor pit as it drops loot, as well as the boss itself.
    Before leaving, check the path which exits the right. A chest sometimes spawns on the table to the left right inside the mine entrance. Continue and exit through the golden doors.

Leave the delve. To the northwest, a chest sometimes appears on the rocks (you can't miss it if you follow the path). This will also drop leveled loot, though only the Master will drop heavy (that I've seen).

This may seem cheap, but you can also wait around until some of the overland bosses are about to die. Hop in, fire off as many shots as you can, and loot.

Go back to BaRaha's Gloom. Rinse. Repeat.

Oh, why go through the golden doors? This may be a quirk, fluke, or just my imagination, but I swear the delve drops purple every time I go through those doors. If I don't, then the highest after the first kill is random blue, mostly green.

Good luck with your new quest. At least the weather in Hew's Bane is nice. :smile:

Whiles this is a good as I've never seen it drop in heavy from a chest is that just the rng screwing with me or is it like more rare then any other armor?
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whiles this is a good as I've never seen it drop in heavy from a chest is that just the rng screwing with me or is it like more rare then any other armor?
    It's the RNG screwing you.

From UESP, when it comes to Overland sets:
    • Treasure chests found in the world have a chance to grant any set piece that can drop in that zone.
      • Simple chests have a slight chance of dropping an item set piece.
      • Intermediate chests have a good chance of dropping an item set piece
      • Advanced and Master chests have a guaranteed chance of dropping an item set piece.
    • If you have the Treasure Hunter Champion Passive, both the above chances and quality of an item will be improved.

I've picked up several heavy pieces from the area over the past couple of months, though to be fair, I cannot remember most except a purple set of boots I originally was going to sell but instead deconstructed.

I know how you feel. I spent days, 6 hours+, looking for the Dreamer sets with the Mundus Stone trait. It was brutal. :cry::scream: