Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Getting kicked from random dungeon because of low champion points?

Attuoz
Attuoz
Soul Shriven
First of all i don't know what is different in a veteran dungeon because i am a new player and recently reached lvl 50.
When i reached lvl 50, veteran dungeon became the default option in the dungeon finder. I did not specifically select it. I did not even notice it.
This was not the first post lvl 50 dungeon i joined, yesterday i completed one, without any problems, no wipes. I was just wondering why the loot was epic quality. I thought it was something special with the dungeon.
Today i joined my second dungeon for the daily. But instantly kicked from the group. And put on a dungeon finder cooldown.
I did not do anything wrong here. Just wanted to the daily. I reported the players who vote kicked me for harrastment. Not i doubt the support will do anything about it.
If its wrong for new players to join a veteran dungeon. Game shouldn't make it the default option in the dungeon finder, and make veteran dungeons require 160 champion points in the dungeon finder.
  • drake88131
    drake88131
    ✭✭✭
    It's really a simple fix if ZOS ever cared to (they don't): make a GF option with a minimum CP like you see in the traders for item levels. Some people don't want to run dungeons with anyone below CP 600. That is fine. It's a preference (and for vet ruins sometimes the only way to make it with a PUG). Some people love to run random dungeons with whoever whenever. That is also fine. It's a preference. The problem is, as with most problems in this game, the devs have created an environment where people with preferences are prohibited from an option to exercise that preference. This unfortunately creates a consequence that some people will get kicked from groups. Their solution was also not appropriate. Instead of acknowledging everyone is different with different mind sets, and preferences, ZOS decided to punish people with higher preferences by locking the GF for those that kick or get kicked. Of course, this attempt to control everyone instead of working with everyone to accommodate has also increased the bugs (i.e. Kick upon groupong bug) and lowered enjoyment for all. It also raises tensions unnecessarily among players. The issue has been known for quite some time and constantly raised here in the forums and it does not appear the devs will be addressing it anytime soon. Because this issue is not likely to change (which I get is pointlessly frustrating) I have to recommend that you just start grinding your char up to cp 600 ASAP without doing the vet dungeons so you can hit everyone's preferences. The other option is to just keep dealing with the issue and/or find a guild that will run with you. I know it is super annoying but it is what it is. I do wish there was some real way to get the devs to start taking rational and reasonable attempts at fixing he game to be enjoyable but I haven't seen anything work yet. This fact seems evident as even a major issue that caused a well known individual to lash out in grandiose ways appears to have done nothing to change the most recent patch notes. Given they won't even really change the most awful and ludicrous proposals I would be surprised if they will even acknowledge the GF issues. We shall see I suppose but yeah 600 Cp ASAP I say even though it sucks...a lot
    Edited by drake88131 on May 4, 2017 5:35PM
  • drake88131
    drake88131
    ✭✭✭
    Also, you should not report people that vote to kick you. It's really not their fault zos has created this situation and you wouldn't like it if someone reported you for being forced to do something in a video game that you didn't want to do because of your preference. Your initial reaction that the game should be fixed because it's broken is more rational and appropriate I think.
    Edited by drake88131 on May 4, 2017 5:35PM
  • Attuoz
    Attuoz
    Soul Shriven
    Well. Thanks for taking your time and writing a long reply. But i don't agree with not reporting. As i said, my first dungeon was not problem. Nobody in the group complained. Nobody failed or died. The second, they just looked at you and decided to kick. Not because you failed or played bad. They just kicked you because they can. It's an harrestment.
  • Farahot
    Farahot
    Soul Shriven
    Im a new player and just reached lvl 49. Everyday when i join normal dungeons i get kicked at the beginning. And then i get punished with a cooldown so I cant join another que. Very frustrating since I dont have unlimited playtime and no one ever says anything before Im kicked. Didnt know you could report them, so Im going to start doing that. Its a very clumsy system that promotes online eliteism. In The end it hurts the playerbase.
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what dungeon was it that you were kicked from ?
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• psxfloh
    psxfloh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Attuoz wrote: »
    Well. Thanks for taking your time and writing a long reply. But i don't agree with not reporting. As i said, my first dungeon was not problem. Nobody in the group complained. Nobody failed or died. The second, they just looked at you and decided to kick. Not because you failed or played bad. They just kicked you because they can. It's an harrestment.

uhm.. on the other hand you just went ahead and joined a group maybe thinking the other 3 will pull you through whatever the game throws at you. No second though about you wasting the other's time? ..about you not being able to fill your role and thus making it impossible to finish the dungeon? ..about you making the dungeon an annoying experience for everyone else?
    I'm sorry to say this, but ignorance does not protect against punishment.

Please, please do..
    - some research on the internet to learn about dungeons and get a better feel for what you and your toon are able to accomplish atm
    - find people / a guild willing to take their time teaching newbies

oooor... just go ahead, use the activity finder - but accept being kicked as part of the game! If you're gonna report ppl every time it happens you'll be wasting too much precious time you could spend grinding CP or doing internet research.. ;)

Of course the game didn't tell you.. but now you know.
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Random normals have the very same experience and reward as veteran. Just saying ;)

Vet dungeons wise, honestly it depends on the dungeon. You're saying "my first dungeon was fine" but for all we know it was either 1)vet Wayrest 1 which is insanely easy and pretty much soloable 2)you got carried by the 3 people who did not mind carrying you. Personally I think it's rude and silly to kick people for being low cp without giving them a chance. However your attitude, along with the fact that you've never done vet dungeons before, does make me wonder...what role are you? What kind of build are you using? If you're dps, what kind of numbers are you pulling? These things do begin to matter in vet dungeons.

Although, again, imo insta kicking is silly(though reporting them is even more silly). However if you're something like a stamina build using magicka skills and doing ~5k dps, you're highly likely to be kicked even by most patient people after the first trash pull/boss, I'm sorry to say it but some things simply don't work in vet dungeons.

Oh. Also. What is your health at? This is one thing you see instantly and it better not be lower than 16-18k for vet dungeons.
  • Beesting
    Beesting
    ✭✭✭✭
    The heath is an issue in vet dungeons. I did a run with a cp28 and he had only 12k health. He was dead 80% of the time during boss fights and was supposed to be healing.
    We did not kick him and we finished fine but i wondered if it is normal to have only 12k health or did this person not even know about bufffood and how to make it.

I thought with the boosting these days the lower cp players had more health not less
    Beesting, Bosmer Magica DK, AD EU, crafter
    Slager, Dunmer Magica DK, DC EU, pvp
    Farmer, Dunmer Magica DK, AD EU, trials build

Every major patch looks like the end of the world but somehow i just cannot stop playing.