Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Crafting Level determine nodes found?

Zardayne
Zardayne
✭✭✭✭✭
Sorry I returned just a while back and recently and today decided to farm some materials. I was on a non crafting character and yet he was finding some rubedite. Since one Tamriel can you find any resources in all zones or does your crafting level still dictate mainly what you find? If i can find this stuff on any character that's great. I hate to have to log in my crafter to find the higher resources.
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    they are determined by the characters level, i.e. Level 1 up to cp 160, the level of crafting skill, i.e. 1 to 50, and the number of skill points invested. So once all three are at max all you will see will be to tier stuff, until then you will see a mix of items
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    50% are at character level and 50% are at level based on the first passive of each craft. If you outlined your crafting ability you will still get materials of your crafting level roughly half the time.
  • Zardayne
    Zardayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you both for the help!
  • Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wanted to make this topic myself.

Just to clarify this: If I have, say, a character at CP 160, who's blacksmithing skill is at 50 and perks spent to use Rubedite ore, will I only find Rubedite ore from now on, or will Voidstone (and/or lower ores) still appear every now and then?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dracindo If your character is CP160 and your material level is at 10 then all you will ever see again is Rubedite.

The only way to get Void is to either do crafting writs and hope RNG gives you a Voidsteel Shipment container as reward, or buy the mats in the guild stores. Most of the world item metal gear you can steal (which is Voidsteel) don't give you much, if anything from decon.

It is not an ideal system for those who craft for others.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, @Nestor .