Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

After a few months.... Are the master crafting writs worth it?

Tygerfire
Tygerfire
✭✭
So i've been out since before homestead, and I just got my first sealed crafting writ, and I'm not sure how valuable they are. This was a basic one, so I only had to take the item to epic (didn't do the math to see how much that cost) but then I only received 2 writs for that.

Since I don't think I'll ever be that obsessed with house collecting and furniture building, I was thinking I might just be better off selling them. Saw a few shouts selling them for around 10k.

Are there items worth collecting writs for that you can sell for a profit?

Thanks for any help and or advice.
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tygerfire wrote: »
    So i've been out since before homestead, and I just got my first sealed crafting writ, and I'm not sure how valuable they are. This was a basic one, so I only had to take the item to epic (didn't do the math to see how much that cost) but then I only received 2 writs for that.
    Yes, groan inducing 2 writs for not only the mats, but the travel to drop it off and that nothing you can buy at 2 writs. Prett insulting system, if you ask me.
    Since I don't think I'll ever be that obsessed with house collecting and furniture building, I was thinking I might just be better off selling them. Saw a few shouts selling them for around 10k.
    For the 2 writ reward? I would think 1k would be the price, but I'm sure the more writs returned, the higher the value for the writ. I've not seen any at a guild store yet, but if you head to a major city, you can see what the average would be.
    Are there items worth collecting writs for that you can sell for a profit?
    Items are account bound, so if you buy something with your writs, you own it and can't sell it. Otherwise, we'd all be buying our crafting stations (which I've also not seen in stores)
    Thanks for any help and or advice.
    Writs will, of course, give you exp, but there's more than just furniture you can buy. There are also motifs and rare mats, if that's your cup of tea.

Other than that, if you're still not interested, selling them would be more rewarding for you.

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought the writ store items was tradeable.
    Has seen dummies out for sale in guild stores.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.