The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is the render distance became worse?

reg369
reg369
✭✭
I play the game since 2014, and I think the render distance became much lower. 2014 I played on my old, bad computer (most of the time I had 25 fps) and know I play on a much better Pc. I play on high settings and most of the time I have over 40 fps. But since the Jester's Festival I can often see Npc or objects become visable infront of me. When i step bakc they become invisable again. Am I the only one who has this problems?
Edited by reg369 on April 29, 2017 8:37PM
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    reg369 wrote: »
    I play the game since 2014, and I think the render distance became much lower. 2014 I played on my old, bad computer (most of the time I had 25 fps) and know I play on a much better Pc. I play on high settings and most of the time I have over 40 fps. But since the Jester's Festival I can often see Npc or objects become visable infront of me. When i step bakc they become invisable again. Am I the only one who has this problems?
    Granted, I don't play the game with any Ultimate settings. However, the "view distance" is configurable with a slider on the ESC > Settings > Display menu. Check to see whether it might be at a lower distance than you had it before. I usually keep mine at "70" even if that means other features must be set to lower values to maintain an acceptable level of performance. The "view distance" setting has been changed "spontaneously" in the past. On one occasion, it was apparently changed after I updated the video display card driver.

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • reg369
    reg369
    ✭✭
    I have mine on max.
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have mine on max.
    Then probably your graphics display card in combination with the downstream transfer rate of your Internet connection cannot render the images properly at the maximum "view distance". When the system cannot display every image that the host sends, it starts "skipping ahead", which is why you don't see the objects sooner while they are ahead of you. You see them later when they are much closer to you. I suggest that you lower the "view distance" setting to 70 and see whether that improves the performance of the client.

By the way: (1) since this situation is not a bug in the game software, you should transfer your post to the appropriate Customer Support section where it can receive the attention of those who provide technical support. (2) It is rude to post more than one original message about the same problem and start multiple discussions.

Edited by Shadowshire on May 2, 2017 9:14PM

• reg369
    reg369
    ✭✭
    I have mine on max.
    Then probably your graphics display card in combination with the downstream transfer rate of your Internet connection cannot render the images properly at the maximum "view distance". When the system cannot display every image that the host sends, it starts "skipping ahead", which is why you don't see the objects sooner while they are ahead of you. You see them later when they are much closer to you. I suggest that you lower the "view distance" setting to 70 and see whether that improves the performance of the client.

By the way: (1) since this situation is not a bug in the game software, you should transfer your post to the appropriate Customer Support section where it can receive the attention of those who provide technical support. (2) It is rude to post more than one original message about the same problem and start multiple discussions.

My internet, my performance and everything is fine and even when change it on 7 the problem where there. I made a new post with a few screenshots.
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    I play the game since 2014, and I think the render distance became much lower. .... But since the Jester's Festival I can often see NPC or objects become visible infront of me. When i step back they become invisible again. Am I the only one who has this problems?
    How far away are they when they become visible? That is, do they look far away, or look very near to your PC?

We know that the horizon is not an infinite distance from a player's character. Anything beyond the distance to the horizon cannot be seen, until the player's character moves closer to it, or it moves closer to the player's character (or both move closer to one another). With the "view distance" set at 100, NPCs and objects become visible when they are within the horizon, and vanish when they are beyond it.

If, in fact, the maximum possible distance has been reduced since the Jester's Festival, then that might result from a bug in the software, but it also could be a deliberate change in the game system instead.

So, in my humble opinion, you should ask ZOS directly whether the maximum view distance has been reduced since 2014, and specifically after the most recent Jester's Festival. Send an e-mail message to Customer Support, but I would not be surprised if they cannot tell you (or won't tell you) whether the horizon has been reduced. They might forward your inquiry to other ZOS personnel. And you should also post your inquiry in the Customer Support section for the PC, or for the Mac, in the forum ( @ZOS_PeterT ).

By the way: when I looked at the screenshots that you posted on the other thread, I could not find any evidence of what you describe. Perhaps you should edit the screenshots to add a white arrow pointing to an object which is visible in the first screenshot that becomes invisible in the second screenshot (with a white arrow pointing to the location where the object appeared in the first screenshot).

• reg369
    reg369
    ✭✭
    I play the game since 2014, and I think the render distance became much lower. .... But since the Jester's Festival I can often see NPC or objects become visible infront of me. When i step back they become invisible again. Am I the only one who has this problems?
    How far away are they when they become visible? That is, do they look far away, or look very near to your PC?

We know that the horizon is not an infinite distance from a player's character. Anything beyond the distance to the horizon cannot be seen, until the player's character moves closer to it, or it moves closer to the player's character (or both move closer to one another). With the "view distance" set at 100, NPCs and objects become visible when they are within the horizon, and vanish when they are beyond it.

If, in fact, the maximum possible distance has been reduced since the Jester's Festival, then that might result from a bug in the software, but it also could be a deliberate change in the game system instead.

So, in my humble opinion, you should ask ZOS directly whether the maximum view distance has been reduced since 2014, and specifically after the most recent Jester's Festival. Send an e-mail message to Customer Support, but I would not be surprised if they cannot tell you (or won't tell you) whether the horizon has been reduced. They might forward your inquiry to other ZOS personnel. And you should also post your inquiry in the Customer Support section for the PC, or for the Mac, in the forum ( @ZOS_PeterT ).

By the way: when I looked at the screenshots that you posted on the other thread, I could not find any evidence of what you describe. Perhaps you should edit the screenshots to add a white arrow pointing to an object which is visible in the first screenshot that becomes invisible in the second screenshot (with a white arrow pointing to the location where the object appeared in the first screenshot).

I think i will post it on the German Tech Support again but thx for your time.