Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Official Discussion thread for "Crown Store Showcase: May 2017"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
d9ab5c72c6565a9a2de7816f7b50cb96.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Crown Store Showcase: May 2017. Are you ready to embark on your adventures in Morrowind? Check out the latest Crown Store offerings in our May Showcase and outfit yourself in style!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get your pocket Mammoth now before it's gone.
    For me it will be time to get a Kagouti!

Edit: Fixed letters.
    Edited by Rouven on May 3, 2017 4:12PM
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rouven wrote: »
    Get your pocket Mammoth now befoer it's gone.

Yeah, I presume the removal of that stuff is just in time to be included in the next Crown Crate season.

Jury is still out on the stuff they are adding, but the costumes look promising. Will have to see them in the game.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Paha_Vaatturi
    Paha_Vaatturi
    ✭✭✭
    P.S. I can't access the website with Huawei Honor 8 and Google Chrome. The submit button in age gate doesn't do anything.
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eh - I was kinda hoping Assistant updates might be offered this month. Guess not.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/334905/premium-assistants

Shame. I know they would have identical functionality, but Tythis is such an ugly dude to have on display in my house. Oh well.
    PS4NA
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yesh I'm getting me that Argonian kilt outfit!
    "Best" healer PC/NA
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we get some almer costumes???
  • Bo0137
    Bo0137
    ✭✭✭✭
    Those Argonian outfits are pretty cool!! I wish we had more hairstyles and/or personalities coming this month...
    -On my shoulder, Ms. Ahvine
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dissapointed! No hairstyles at all. Now I can rest assured that the only hairstyle that I like will most likely be on the next crown crate season :sweat:
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kagouti doesn't related to Vvardenfell in anyway :disappointed:
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rouven wrote: »
    Get your pocket Mammoth now befoer it's gone.

Yeah, I presume the removal of that stuff is just in time to be included in the next Crown Crate season.

Jury is still out on the stuff they are adding, but the costumes look promising. Will have to see them in the game.

@lordrichter
    I think you should be able to check them out on the PTS (well if you are in general). I seem to remember that I wasn't too impressed, think they look better in those pictures.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    52187a98bf24816c9bff78482d16009e9e49cb808df209761f03fc8f692bd1ea.jpg
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, great lineup this month!! I was strongly hoping for that particular Kagouti and here we have it!

Some quick notes, though, having tested the stunning Argonian outfits already :
    • The two kilt options need to chill with the ballooning out in front. On my character it looks like he's hoisting a sail under his belt. The back is fine and seems to drape naturally, but the front comes out like the prow of a ship and needs to get adjusted!
    • All the outfits suffer from prominent undyeable spots and/or don't take dyes very well. For example, you can't get a vibrant red on any of them to save your life, and the canary-yellow fringe on the robe (which can't be dyed) clashes prominently with many different dye schemes.

At the very least the ballooning on the kilts should be a priority to address. They're such incredible garments and I'd hate for people to pass them up over this issue!
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Kagouti doesn't related to Vvardenfell in anyway :disappointed:

@Cinbri

Kagouti are native to Vvardenfell. Morrowind was the first game we saw them in, in fact.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wayrest suede doublet ensemble and the welwa will be mine.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks great!

But the staff pictured in the Celesital Motif picture is not actually a celestial motif staff.
    So be warned if anyone is buying the style for that particular look.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Vizikul
    Vizikul
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm... it appears to be the month of the oversized lizard. Nothing interesting for me.

But why are they even removing stuff from their cash shop? As a company, wouldn't you want to expand your variety as much as possible to cover each and everyone's taste and get the most revenue?
    Pugging. Pugging all the way to victory.
    Imperial Dragonknight --- male, stamina, heavy & medium armor, dual wield, one hand and shield, two handed.
    Breton Templar --- female, magicka, light armor, restoration staff.
    Redguard Warden --- female, stamina, medium armor, bow.
    Breton Sorcerer --- male, magicka, light armor, destruction staff.
    Imperial Templar --- male, stamina, medium armor, two handed.

Daggerfall Covenant loyalist
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rev Rielle wrote: »
    Looks great!

But the staff pictured in the Celesital Motif picture is not actually a celestial motif staff.
    So be warned if anyone is buying the style for that particular look.

@Rev Rielle
    YOOOO great catch!! What is that staff motif??

@ZOS_GinaBruno any help on that?
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey. This Welwa is too small.

It should be as big as the freckled guar.

Normally, I wouldn't complain, I've had my share of small Welwas ;) , but this one... is rather more runty than I was hoping.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • nvsg
    nvsg
    ✭✭✭
    Breton hero costume now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...and snow wolf mount tge white one return to me!!!!!!!!!
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Butch, yes, I'll name my Welwa Butch tonight. Hah, gnawing on the bone like that. I'm also happy that he lies down just like in the picture! Gotta be my favourite pet now.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nice to see costumes for races other than Redguard, Imperial, or Breton. Yeah...we've had some female Bosmer and male Orc costumes, but those are the only races that have received costumes for both genders. Hopefully, the trend will continue so that we'll see costumes for other races. I'm guessing (hoping) we'll see Dunmer costumes with the release of Morrowind.

Not that interested in anything else in the showcase, but I'll have to decide whether I'll pick up any of the items being removed - to make more space. It seems like with the costumes, the trend is to introduce three of a given race/gender and then only keep the cheap one in the store. Perhaps their eventual plan is to have one for each race/gender always in the store. I dunno...just a thought I had - I hope it's true, as this would ensure there was at least one thing in there that someone would want for their particular character. I'm tired of dressing my Dunmer in Breton/Imperial/Bosmer/Redguard outfits.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw the German announcement for the May 4 Crown Store update, but no English version. Am I just not seeing it? @ZOS_GinaBruno ??
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • JesQu
    JesQu
    ✭✭✭✭
    When the Kagouti will be available?
  • Meathook94
    Meathook94
    ✭✭✭
    The Kagouti mount is 4K crowns, and only available for 18 days... This is another overpriced pressure-sale that I will pass on. A horse is just as good. I know this is a vanity item, but it feels like Zenimax is taking advantage of some people's vanity. It is in no way worth the price.
  • JesQu
    JesQu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Meathook94 wrote: »
    The Kagouti mount is 4K crowns, and only available for 18 days... This is another overpriced pressure-sale that I will pass on. A horse is just as good. I know this is a vanity item, but it feels like Zenimax is taking advantage of some people's vanity. It is in no way worth the price.

I'll buy it anyway lol
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meathook94 wrote: »

WTF?? I was looking forward to buying this one! Well nevermind, yet another mount I won't buy. I'm starting to feel really bored with the crown store. Either it's terrible design or overpriced...or both!
    PC/EU DC