Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Need help with Essence of Detection Master Writ

Spooky_Sensor
Spooky_Sensor
Soul Shriven
If someone could assist me with this Master Writ, then I'd appreciate. It is an Essence of Detection potion with cowardice, increase spell resist and detection. I've used the alchemy calculator but can't seem to find the correct combination that will include all three traits and still be an Essence of Detection.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Reorx_Holybeard,

Would you be willing to double check the UESP alchemy calculator just when you have a free moment, please?

The reagent combination that the OP is seeking makes an Essence of Detection potion in-game ... but on the alchemy calculator page it shows up as an Essence of Spell Protection.

OP, I've listed the combination below for you:
    Bugloss + Torchbug Thorax + White Cap

Edited by Taleof2Cities on May 1, 2017 9:39PM
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually you need White Cap + Bugloss + EITHER Wormwood OR Torchbug Thorax to complete this one; so at least you get one option based on which you have more of.
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Reorx_Holybeard,

Would you be willing to double check the UESP alchemy calculator just when you have a free moment, please?

The reagent combination that the OP is seeking makes an Essence of Detection potion in-game ... but on the alchemy calculator page it shows up as an Essence of Spell Protection.

OP, I've listed the combination below for you:
    Bugloss + Torchbug Thorax + White Cap

Thanks for the bug report! I haven't figured out exactly how the game names potions yet. Right now the calculator just uses the first effect it finds which sometimes is not the same as how the game names it. I'll play around with it this week and see if I can figure it out. If anyone has examples of name differences between the game and our calculator just let us know.
    Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
    Founder/Admin of www.uesp.net -- UESP ESO Guilds
    Creator of the "Best" ESO Build Editor
    I'm on a quest to build the world's toughest USB drive!
  • Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just finished tweaking the alchemy calculator to try and have it give the correct name. Testing in game there doesn't seem to be an obvious order of which effect is "before" another so I made a list and used that in the calculator as best I could. It works for that particular potion previously listed and a few dozen others I tested but I doubt it is perfect. If you find a potion in the calculator that doesn't match the name of the one in-game just let me know.
    Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
    Founder/Admin of www.uesp.net -- UESP ESO Guilds
    Creator of the "Best" ESO Build Editor
    I'm on a quest to build the world's toughest USB drive!
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many thanks!

A great tool to use by the way ...