The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

LUI extended Unit Frames - lagging/rolling wave effect

RexyCat
RexyCat
✭✭✭✭
I have been using LUI extended for some time now and lately it seem that after some time of play it start to make screen feel like it is lagging. My frame rate is stable, so I don't think it have anything do with lagging from server/hardware and when I only disable unit frame in Addon for LUI extended Unit it stop to behave this way. All buff and chat features still active in LUI, so it seem that unit frames is the culprit in this case.

Do unit frame have negative impact on performance which make it feel like are on sea (rolling wave effect)? Is there any other UI which can show units frames (health bar, magicka and stamina) which do not have this kind of effect where I can still use all other features of LUI?

It also happens that those Unit frames will not stay hidden when I am in Guild Store, so maybe it is conflict with some other addons (have no error messages that indicate this).

Thankful for some help on this issue.
  • ArtOfShred
    ArtOfShred
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm... I haven't noticed this behavior. I don't believe there is anything inefficient/leaking in the group frames code but I can comb back over it and see.

As far as the guild store I'm not sure what causes this issue to occur. The LUI frames are defined as unit frames so should hide anywhere your hp bar would normally hide. I've seen people report this before (not for a while though) but have never been able to replicate it myself.

Just to be sure, are you using the latest version?
    Edited by ArtOfShred on April 26, 2017 5:21PM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love LUI but have recently uninstalled and noticed a marked improvement in performance. Now using Srendarr's buff tracker only.