The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Last boss, normal Sanctum Ophidia

NinthPrince64
NinthPrince64
✭✭✭
Doing this with a group with a lot of less-experienced players. Our burn was slow. (Not sure if that is relevant.). We had a couple of wipes, but ultimately we got through.

The tank would, at times, lose aggro on the boss. It was his first time tanking that boss, but he is not new to tanking. He had no idea why he was losing aggro. I couldn't help him because I have never tanked any trial. I have done the trial on normal many times as DPS or heals in PUGs and don't recall losing aggro being a problem.

I realize that I am not providing as much information as might be needed to give a definitive answer to the question, but is there some mechanic involved with that final boss that causes loss of aggro. Loss of aggro had not been a problem at any other point earlier in the trial.

Thanks.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't tank and know very little about it, but I hear over-taunting is a thing. Maybe that was the problem?
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

Options
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    some pugs random people, use frost staves and wield heavy attacks without knowing its taunting the targets.

not saying it is this, but I have seen it and smiled at it abit :D
    Options
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There is no loss of agro mechanic.
    Options
  • AmmonErebos
    AmmonErebos
    ✭✭✭
    No aggro drop... assuming he wasn't taunting often enough?

Over-taunting would only occur if another player was also taunting the boss, it used to be that 3 taunts from anyone in 15 seconds caused over-taunting, now its 3 from multiple different players (unless they changed this again and i've missed it)
    Options
  • Trashkan
    Trashkan
    ✭✭✭
    Just tell him to spam his taunt every 10 seconds and he will not lose agro. I used to have that problem on the serpent where I would lose taunt after 12 seconds like the boss had a reduced duration on debuffs or taunts but if you have your tank use taunt every 10 seconds this problem should never occur.
    Options
  • NinthPrince64
    NinthPrince64
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you all, this is very informative. I am going to let him know. Also, this will help me when I start trying to tank this content.
    Options
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No such thing, they are simply losing taunt. I tanked this and all I did was stand there and spam punture.Tanking normal So can be done with idk even a DPS.
    Options
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When he goes to his crouching position he resets and must be retaunted when he gets up, I just tanked normal SO last night.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
    Options
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frost staves can taunt now

Someone in the group may have been taking it
    Options
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nelson_Rebel may be onto something - frost staff heavy taunts.

the only way the tank can lose aggro is if someone else taunts off of him or the tank just lets the 15 seconds run out
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

Options
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just tried tanking this for the first time last night, and didnt lose agro at all, so yeah I think someone in group was trolling your tank, by taunting it with froststave
    Options
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DHale wrote: »
    When he goes to his crouching position he resets and must be retaunted when he gets up, I just tanked normal SO last night.

Let me highlight this is the answer. The rest of us don't notice cause we are over taunting.
    Options