The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Random disconnects

Casualgamer82
Casualgamer82
Soul Shriven
First let me just preface by saying it is not my ISP. I have 2 computers, one work and one personal. When I am using my personal the work is off and vice versa. The work I do requires me to be connected to two company VPNs and receive phone calls. I have a disconnect may once every few weeks but it's to be expected. When I am playing this game however, I get disconnected randomly with no error. I'm playing one minute and all of a sudden I notice interactions aren't working even though character moves, then boom, I'm on the login screen. I immediately ping through terminal 8.8.8.8 just to see if I have a steady connection and I do. Why is this happening and is there a fix? I am currently leveling and it's annoying but if I was deep into PvP and this happened I would be very upset. I don't pay $15/mo. so I can be kicked out with no error or explanation. Also, let me add I can play other games with no issues but this one I get the random disconnects
Edited by Casualgamer82 on April 29, 2017 3:55PM
  • Lathspellguest
    Lathspellguest
    Soul Shriven
    I have been having this same problem.
  • Casualgamer82
    Casualgamer82
    Soul Shriven
    I have been having this same problem.

Yep, from what I've researched online, this has been problem since at least 2015 but Zenimax apparently can't be bothered with an explanation or fix.
  • Lathspellguest
    Lathspellguest
    Soul Shriven
    Is yours through Steam? That's how I bought mine.
  • Godthab
    Godthab
    ✭✭
    Having same kind of issue on my OS X since 2016 no matter which I am in PvE or PvP. You notice something is wrong cos monsters or NPCs or other players stop moving while you can move around but cannot mount, use skills - then boom you are forced to logoff back to the login screen. Simply annoying.
    J'zakar Raimnirm | AD | Male | Khajiit Stamina NB
    Ma'jirra Raimnirm | AD | Female | Khajiit Templar
    J'dran Raimnirm | AD | Male | Khajiit Dragonknight
    Dro'zaddha Raimnirm | AD | Male | Khajiit Sorcerer
    J'leena Zahan | DC | Male | Khajiit Magicka NB
    Qa'yiira | EP | Female | Khajiit Nightbalde Archer
    Jo'shua-ra | EP | Male | Khajiit Warden
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get about 10 disconnects a day, always with the message box "The Game has quit unexpectedly"

Its been going on for around 6 weeks.

Its really annoying esp when i'm in pvp or running a trial. There seems to be no pattern to it.

I've done all the ususal suggested fixes, eg. drivers / addons etc.

Just hoping one day it will stop as quickly as it started.
    At least the spelling is difficult for you.
    Hew's Bane*
  • Casualgamer82
    Casualgamer82
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the responses, maybe they'll fix it if they see many people have this same issue.

@Lathspellguest Actually I am running the macOS client and I experience exactly what @Godthab described above. The odd thing is certain days I can play for over an hour and no disconnects, other days it's like their servers are overloaded and I get kicked every 10-15 minutes or so with no explanation. Just right back to the login screen. Anyway, I at least canceled my ESO plus membership and will just play for free. I'm not paying for a service that I can't utilize due to a problem on their end.
  • Lathspellguest
    Lathspellguest
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the responses, maybe they'll fix it if they see many people have this same issue.

@Lathspellguest Actually I am running the macOS client and I experience exactly what @Godthab described above. The odd thing is certain days I can play for over an hour and no disconnects, other days it's like their servers are overloaded and I get kicked every 10-15 minutes or so with no explanation. Just right back to the login screen. Anyway, I at least canceled my ESO plus membership and will just play for free. I'm not paying for a service that I can't utilize due to a problem on their end.

I'm using the Steam client on my late 2016 Macbook Pro and am having the exact issues you and the others are describing. I don't get the "Game quit unexpectedly" error, though—it just takes me back to the login screen, tries to login, then says "Connection to server timed out. Please try again later." or somesuch.

Some days I can play for hours, others I get kicked every 5-15 mins.
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't play on steam and I have the same issue. Some times I have to login four times until it woks without disconnect. It so annoying that sometime I get bored of login again and choose to not play at all.
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • Casualgamer82
    Casualgamer82
    Soul Shriven
    I bought a windows PC with the sole purpose of playing my video games on it since my Mac is becoming a bit dated and min requirements are going up across the board on all games. So far, no disconnects, I'm not sure if it has to do with the macOS client or what but right now I have had no issues on PC.