Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

9 trait Crafting Buff idea

shadowman919
Wondering what people think of this for an idea.
For the few 9 trait crafted sets we have, should they get a little buff on top of the 5th item.
Similar to black rose you get the effect plus X amount weapon/spell damage.
Some of the 9 trait crafted gear is ok but with the effort to crafted it would be nice to get a little more.

What 9 trait set do people use, if you use them at all?
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was a time in the game where craft sets outperformed drop,sets, but that was looooooooong ago. Now zos puts no effort into craf sets...they tend to be crap. But they keep the grind alive with ever better drop sets.

But people use twice born Star a LOT. I think it's a bit overrated, but it's not bad.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would rather 9 trait not be a mechanical bonus as this becomes a "only us 9 trait crafters" thing. It would be know 9 traits or GTFO, although I guess ZOS might want to push that with the new research scrolls.

I would be fine if 9 trait crafters had some kind of cosmetic bonus though, or they're the ones who can change styles.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • shadowman919
    davey1107 wrote: »
    There was a time in the game where craft sets outperformed drop,sets, but that was looooooooong ago. Now zos puts no effort into craf sets...they tend to be crap. But they keep the grind alive with ever better drop sets.

But people use twice born Star a LOT. I think it's a bit overrated, but it's not bad.

Yeah i definitely agree with you crafted set used to be really strong before we had a huge amount of sets to pick out of.
    I get we get more out of writs now and we can craft mostly anything and we get to style our characters without having to use costumes
    A little boost to our stats if we craft a 9 trait piece would be nice.
  • shadowman919
    Turelus wrote: »
    I would rather 9 trait not be a mechanical bonus as this becomes a "only us 9 trait crafters" thing. It would be know 9 traits or GTFO, although I guess ZOS might want to push that with the new research scrolls.

I would be fine if 9 trait crafters had some kind of cosmetic bonus though, or they're the ones who can change styles.

Crafters get to pick our styles and make our characters more unique
    I get its not for everyone.
    they could add some sort of passive skill that gives the wearer of a 9 trait set a slight stat buff if you made it
    Its just an idea would be nice to just have a bunch of crafted sets reworke
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

Crafters get to pick our styles and make our characters more unique
    I get its not for everyone.
    they could add some sort of passive skill that gives the wearer of a 9 trait set a slight stat buff if you made it
    Its just an idea would be nice to just have a bunch of crafted sets reworke

Again the problem become if crafted sets become the best in slot again then everyone has to level 9 traits on all their characters to use the new meta and be most competitive in leaderboards.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • TheStankTank
    I think something plausible might be that there is a small boost to the stats of a 9 trait set if you're wearing one you crafted yourself. Something like 1-3% wouldn't be game breaking, but would be slightly rewarding for the work put in. I doubt it would be difficult to implement since crafted weapons/armor are tied to the account/character that made it.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think that 9 trait crafters should be allowed to do other things like improve jewelry, change styles or traits on bound gear, etc. I say on bound gear only because it would not give us an unfair trading advantage in the trading system by being able to change undesirable gear and sell it for more.

Other options could include a bonus that reduces the number of gold improvement mats needed for legendary gear improvement, or increase chance for improvement items when refining, increased mats from refining, increased drops from nodes, etc.

There is no real benefit, outside of the master writ system, in learning 9 traits on everything and it would be nice to see the effort rewarded in some way. Becoming a 9 trait crafter is achievable by anyone, so I don't really know what the issue is with people not wanting crafters getting benefits.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Maole1989
    Maole1989
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that there should be some type of reward for 9 trait crafters since we diligently and patiently researched for months on end.

Some really great ideas here but my favourite one would be being able to alter appearances of items. There are some drop set combinations I like but the styles don't mesh so being able to restyle items would be awesome and unique.
    Edited by Maole1989 on May 1, 2017 9:00PM
    [1 Corinthians 13] [John 15:13] [John 3:16]
    Maole_1989 - PS4 NA EP
  • shadowman919
    Maole1989 wrote: »
    I agree that there should be some type of reward for 9 trait crafters since we diligently and patiently researched for months on end.

Some really great ideas here but my favourite one would be being able to alter appearances of items. There are some drop set combinations I like but the styles don't mesh so being able to restyle items would be awesome and unique.

That would be amazing feature for 9 trait crafters would definitely push people to try and get somethings to 9