The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Proc sets still dominating pvp?

Mindmadness
Hi community!

I loved ESO a lot for long time but then new sets appeared and with that we got viper x velidreth set combination aka proc set. It made pretty much every other dps builds to be quite bad.

I loved to change my specs and armors etc occasionally and try all kinds of different builds. Eso seemed such a nice game for someone like me who likes to mix many different sets and try to build something new. Some builds worked better and some worse. However after this viper x velidreth combination it felt pointless. I even joined the proc side of the game but then I found PvP no fun. People were toxic against me because I used "noob proc sets". Many others used them too and those mirror duels, as duel or 1v1 in Cyrodiil, were ridicilous and felt pure luck.

I quit ESO after 3 weeks of these proc stuffs because they meantioned something that "we're not going to do anything for these sets before Christmas" and it was November. Now it's almost May 2017... as the title says: Are the proc sets still dominating pvp as dps side, specially as (stam)NB? Have they nerfed them at all yet? If the answer is still no, have they announced anything that "they are on it and expect changes around Morrowind" or smthing?

I even watched recent ESO live and there they just mentioned "we don't wish to nerf or change stuffs straight away because it would be unfun for people who gathered those items"... "wow!" I say. Even talked about something like "we let things be as they are for minium 2 months after release or even 6 if needed". In my opinion that's just bad...
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They aren't as common now in cp campaigns, you'll see more in no cp for obvious reasons. They can't crit anymore but I feel they'll actually become popular again when morrowwind hits due to the changes.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Proc based damage that basically allows you to global someone is just to valuable. In my opinion all proc sets and monster set procs should be cut in half. They would still be good too.
    PS4 NA DC
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are still very strong and very effective.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Mindmadness
    Shame... Maybe one day they aren't. CatchMeTrolling gave me some hope but now the hope is fading.
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proc set are still a big part of the PvP scene today, mostly for stamina.(Because balance) And they'll only gain more popularity in Morrowind.

I mean what stamina based player is going to pass up. Free damage off of light or heavy attack. That free damage doing even more damage then it does now, because all damage mitigation is getting decreased across the board. Not to mention proc sets are the equivalent of the 203 launcher in Call of Duty just on auto with unlimited ammo.

While those who don't used the procs sets will have a much harder time dealing with them. Everyone else will have sacrifice either damage or defense. While the proc set users will be giving the keys towards near certain victory, with no sacrifices needed. But yeah by all means keep yelling for magicka builds mechanics to be nerfed even more. Maybe one day the 'Stamtards"(Not every stamina based player is a Stamtard) dream of a Cyrodiil where either no one players magicka builds, or they be able to just blow on any magicka based player and one shot them, will come to past.

It don't matter anyways the way I see it. If the community continues down this path is. Magicka only good for PvE and Stamina only good for PvP.
    Edited by FearlessOne_2014 on April 30, 2017 9:56AM
  • a1i3nz
    a1i3nz
    ✭✭✭✭
    They're the problem. Why do people have unlimited resources and run heavy? Because procs do damage for you and have a flat value.

Real true skilled pvp is dead af. All good players gone.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm running fury but no 2 pc monster or viper and it working out great. Using two separate monster pieces for regen and extra damage. Personally I like it better than hoping for a proc to go off.
  • Karm1cOne
    Karm1cOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    I'm running fury but no 2 pc monster or viper and it working out great. Using two separate monster pieces for regen and extra damage. Personally I like it better than hoping for a proc to go off.

As most have pointed out here, there is no waiting. It's free damage for doing what you do anyway. These damage proc sets need to be converted over to dots. This way the damage is kept for pre and 1 shot mechanics reduced for pvp.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just like anything in life: its only a thing if you as the player make it. You could boycott the sets. But you wont.

Unfortunately, people will do whatever and cheese whatever, and play however to win.

"its just a game bro"

ok, bro. but like, why you trying sooo hard to win?
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• HiImRex
    HiImRex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a breakdown of top tier ESO pvp

"skillful" burst in ESO:

triple snipe gankers hitting from stealth + health desync
    2x veli/viper gankblades hitting you from stealth while you're on your horse
    dizzying->ult->executioner 3 button full to 0
    Tremor/Viper stamsorc stacking full damage
    1 button rootspam in destro ult

"skillful" survivability in ESO:

dodge roll x8 with eternal hunt
    troll king and run around a tree/rock (add cloak & viper if on stamnb if pro)
    pirate skelly shield stack
    bloodspawn resto ulti/shield-wall spam
    shield wall/streak/dark deal x repeat

"skillful" resource management in ESO:

cost poison on enemy instantly win resource war
    lich proc "skillful" magicka management
    black rose passively get delish stam/mag chunks
    DK bloodspawn ulti spam super skillful mega pro MLG plays
    streak->dark deal on 5-6k weapon damage stamsorc aka "lel y u cant bash counter stamsorc noob" (see: streak/DD until dizzy->ult->execute->tbag combo)

enjoy your stay