The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Morrowind File Size

Inuky11
Inuky11
Soul Shriven
Hello! i was wondering if someone knows the exact file size of ESO after the Morrowind update, please.
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently 56 gb but that amount will likely change by June.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on May 1, 2017 12:14AM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently 56 gb but that amount will likely change by June.

That makes sense for the full game Morrowind (56GB is roughly the size of the current full game download) but hopefully the update only Morrowind will be smaller. Much smaller.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • Radinyn
    Radinyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    56 gb is size of FULL GAME + MORROWIND
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Radinyn wrote: »

Yes, that is correct. The OP asked for file size, but I see that they may be getting at download size to patch. That answer is still unknown.
  • Inuky11
    Inuky11
    Soul Shriven
    Radinyn wrote: »

Yes, that is correct. The OP asked for file size, but I see that they may be getting at download size to patch. That answer is still unknown.

Thank you! i am running low on Disk space i might need to buy a new one for morrowind :confounded:
  • Valkysas154
    Valkysas154
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea my live game is bigger than the pts folder i assume its do to voice files for the story. live has all 2 languages pst only English but then again if i don't count the voice files live is still bigger so kinda impossible to tell how big the update will be on live

• Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well now you have it min. requirements 85gb...wholy moly
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    well now you have it min. requirements 85gb...wholy moly

I assume it's full game requirement. Furthermore while the game is installing it requires roughly 2*space it actually needs once installed, I assume it first downloads all the files needed, then unpacks them, then deletes packed version. ESO took about 80 gb last time I installed it too, but it shrunk to ~40 gb after it was done.
  • h.vantilburg1b16_ESO
    Ive got 62GB free space on my SSD and its to small to install Morrowind.
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @h.vantilburg1b16_ESO

That is because the launcher need to cache the download, if you can't change the cache location you will need a bigger storage device.

I haven't checked if the launcher support changing cache location.
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you have ESO already installed? If so you should be fine. If not, then you will need more space to install the full game.
  • h.vantilburg1b16_ESO
    ESO and all DLC's are installed, i understand that i have to buy a new bigger SSD disk to play Morrowind. I planned that for next year so Morrowind has to wait a year, no problem for me.
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO and all DLC's are installed, i understand that i have to buy a new bigger SSD disk to play Morrowind. I planned that for next year so Morrowind has to wait a year, no problem for me.

If you have ESO installed now you have Morrowind installed. There is no additional download; the content just unlocks with the purchase of the upgrade. But, if you have only 62GB free without ESO installed then you will need more storage.
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

.__. That...definitely doesn't sound right. I had literally 10 Gb free on my SSD, then I started compressing some files and uploading Morrowind at the same time. The initial download was something like 7-8 Gb, then it ate more applying it I think, then deleted junk files and freed up most space - my space jumped from ~15 Gb I had after compressing(probably bit more, wasn't paying close attention) to 8, then slowly crawled its way back and I'm back at ~15 Gb now.