Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Drop chance named weapons?

raasdal
raasdal
✭✭✭✭✭
As title says. Anyone know the app. dropchance on named weapons in dungeons?

Am looking for Zavens Doomstaf (Lich). Ran it 4 times today with group, and no drop. Thought the named ones dropped pretty frequently?
PC - EU
Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • Fishoscandi
    Fishoscandi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Named weapons only drop from specific enemies. Doesn't that make them less frequent in dropping?
    Fishoscandi - Orc NB
    Cookie of Dough - Dunmer Templar
    Smells Like Tree Spirit - Bosmer Sorc

EU PC

• raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am thinking of the drop chance on that specific enemy, who drops the weapon, of course.
    PC - EU
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drop chance for a named weapon or jewelry appears to be about 1/3. Of course, there are often more than one named possibility.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • ScytheNL
    ScytheNL
    ✭✭✭✭
    The thing with 'chance to drop' is that it's 'chance'.

It can drop overall 1/3rd of the time, and you could still do the dungeon 1000 times without getting it.

If you throw a dice 999 times, and it lands on 6 999 times, the chance for 6 on the 1000th throw is still 1/6
    Ingame:
    Ezekiel Zakriah, Redguard Nightblade

Xbox One, GT= Scythe NL
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    f047ys3v3n wrote: »
    Drop chance for a named weapon or jewelry appears to be about 1/3. Of course, there are often more than one named possibility.

Thanks!

I have also wondered if it actually will help to be in a group or not? Meaning; can a named weapon drop for two seperate persons in a dungeon? If not, i might as well just do alot of solo runs on normal.
    ScytheNL wrote: »

It can drop overall 1/3rd of the time, and you could still do the dungeon 1000 times without getting it.

If you throw a dice 999 times, and it lands on 6 999 times, the chance for 6 on the 1000th throw is still 1/6

Oh, im aware of the (saddening) math behind it.
    PC - EU
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually it seems like named weapons show up far more frequently. Not all of them come in a good trait however. For example the sharp spriggan ax is very easy to find and super cheap to buy.
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After farming many different sets from dungeons and aiming for named sets I'd say it's worse than 1 in 3.

My guess would be 1 in 5.
    Or maybe 1 in 6, but defo worse than 1 in 3.
    Edited by Wrecking_Blow_Spam on May 1, 2017 12:28PM
    Xbox one EU
    8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
    Doesn't stand in red
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After farming many different sets from dungeons and aiming for named sets I'd say it's worse than 1 in 3.

My guess would be 1 in 5.
    Or maybe 1 in 6, but defo worse tan 1 in 3.

Have you ever experienced two persons getting the same named drop ? As in, within the same group?

I am considering wether or not being in a group will actually give higher drop chance at all? Considering my bad run of 4x4 drop chances, it might be that the drop chance is for the boss drop it self, and then there is another layer of RNG on who gets the drop.

So it might be 1 in 5 that the boss will drop the named weapon. Then, if you are in a group, it would be 1 in 4, that it gets awarded to your loot pool or whatever.

If anyone has ever experienced two named drops on one boss, that would of course debunk that theory.
    PC - EU
  • BRCOURTN
    BRCOURTN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ScytheNL wrote: »

Yeah that's possible but still highly unlikely. That's all statistics are used for is predictablility, so you could still expect that running the dungeon 3 times would result in the drop.

If you find a group of four to run it with, I'm sure you could say you were looking for it and they'd be happy to oblige.