Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

If You Feel Like You Can't Get Better In PvP...

Vapirko
Vapirko
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Sure, maybe you're just not good and need to spend some time understanding your build and how to use it or make it better. But, I see a lot of frustration in zone chat particularly when it comes to being wiped off the map or being unable to sustain when others seem to be able to sustain endlessly against multiple players and dish out damage. I've talked to a number of people via whisper as well, about how it seems like no matter what they do or how long they practice they just can't get an edge.

I'm just writing based on my experience. I've mentioned before I play a loonnnng way away from the NA servers (NA is where I started), in fact it's just about as far away from them as you can get without starting to go back around the world. 80% of the time my lag is terrible, constant health desyncs, or something like I'll drop a dawnbreaker and stun the guy then go in for the execute and my LA+executioner simply whifs, a total miss. Why? Probably because in reality the player has since broken free and isn't exactly where I think they are on my screen, or the system simply isn't registering my attacks. Whatever, its just a fact of my life, just giving some background.

Anyway, about 20% of the time, when the stars align at the right time of day, my latency drops down out of the red and the game starts to function as I would expect it to. When this happens it's like a light goes on and I get a bunch of sigils from vMA or something. Sustain suddenly starts working, it's no issue to kite players, AC and fast strings of attacks start working, ultis fire when I need them to instead of after a person heals to full. All my hits connect. I can sustain against multiple players on my own (barring some of the better more well known ones of course). I'm not the best pvper out there and im not trying to be, and yes we can all get better. But don't underestimate the effects of your internet connection and/or hardware on your playing in Cyrodiil especially. There are some players in Cyrodiil who do know the game really well. Those are the players who you cant probably beat no matter what. But for your average jabs spammer who seems to have ungodly healing power, and you cant burst their health down for your life, probably lag. So, don't beat yourself :)
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your early experience vs later experience (in reference to your post) makes me think, resource poisons as well as latency.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your early experience vs later experience (in reference to your post) makes me think, resource poisons as well as latency.

Oh definitely poisons all the time lol. I know when I get in a fight with resource poisons, thats like bam no stamina at all. The latency thing is a much more overall change wherein everything just works better, I feel that the damage/healing changes are coming in as they happen and that I can respond to them properly and in time.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ping is king. Low latency is honestly the single biggest edge you can have in MMO PvP. It's one of the reasons Sypher was so effective (he's a great player too) - he is/was playing from the same city where the ESO NA servers are physically located. It doesn't get any sweeter than that.
    Edited by Solariken on May 1, 2017 3:51AM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    ... playing from the same city where the ESO NA servers are physically located....

which is where ?
    Texas ?

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/71672/server-location-where

all i could find indicating the location of the servers. ^
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i guess we will just never know the truth.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i guess we will just never know the truth.

You're so crazy man lmfao
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So many ideas on where they are located, I think we'll never know for sure.
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

Just find out yourself. Login to NA server, then insert into command line
    netstat -n -p tcp -b

Look for ESO.exe and put the IP(s) into:
    https://www.iplocation.net

Hint: 127.0.0.1 is your own PC, don't use this IP :wink:
    Edited by Berenhir on May 1, 2017 8:33AM
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Last year I moved from a place with a consistent 100M connection to one that usually gives me less than 10M. It's very noticeable. I combatted it by updating my character with a bunch of skills that work better in laggy battles. Mist Form pretty much becomes Invisible Form when it's laggy. Heavy lighting staff attacks can land on anyone just by holding down heavy attack and moving your reticule.

Luckily I'm moving back to the 100M area next month but, in a way, lag made me a better player.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Berenhir wrote: »
    Vapirko wrote: »

Just find out yourself. Login to NA server, then insert into command line
    netstat -n -p tcp -b

Look for ESO.exe and put the IP(s) into:
    https://www.iplocation.net

Hint: 127.0.0.1 is your own PC, don't use this IP :wink:

Or just run a free tracer program and see what provider network is sitting right in front of the game servers.

Which also gives you a great picture of where the latency is occurring and whether you need business service from an IP provider.

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last year I moved from a place with a consistent 100M connection to one that usually gives me less than 10M. It's very noticeable. I combatted it by updating my character with a bunch of skills that work better in laggy battles. Mist Form pretty much becomes Invisible Form when it's laggy. Heavy lighting staff attacks can land on anyone just by holding down heavy attack and moving your reticule.

Luckily I'm moving back to the 100M area next month but, in a way, lag made me a better player.

Absolutely, no room for error. Going from lag to no lag is like a breath of fresh air.