Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Guards attacking me

Caldonis
Caldonis
Soul Shriven
Anyone know what add-on is interfering with guards trying to arrest you? They come up to me, my hands go up, and my screen acts as if there's going to be dialogue. Then the guards attack and kill me and I can't move, because the game thinks I'm in a dialogue screen. And when I respawn, my screen acts like I'm talking to someone and I can't move, I have to restart the entire game to stop it. It's immensely irritating.

I have the following add-on : Awesome Guild Store, Craftstore Fixed and Improved 1.1, Easy Travel, Furniture Preview, Harvest Map, Lorebooks, Master Merchant, Multi-craft, pChat, Rare Fish Finder, Skyshards, and Tamriel Trade Center.
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Caldonis wrote: »
    Anyone know what add-on is interfering with guards trying to arrest you? ....
    I have the following add-on : Awesome Guild Store, Craftstore Fixed and Improved 1.1, Easy Travel, Furniture Preview, Harvest Map, Lorebooks, Master Merchant, Multi-craft, pChat, Rare Fish Finder, Skyshards, and Tamriel Trade Center.
    I have not experienced the problem that you describe. Although I use Awesome Guild Store, Harvest Map, Lorebooks, Master Merchant, pChat, Skyshards, and Tamriel Trade Centre, I do not use Craftstore Fixed and Improved, Easy Travel, Furniture Preview, Multi-craft, or Rare Fish Finder. Perhaps the most likely add-on of those four to interfere with a NPC dialog could be Easy Travel.

Be that as it may, it doesn't seem likely to me that any of those add-ons cause the behavior that you describe. Use the Launcher - Option menu and select Repair Files to verify the integrity of the installed game files and repair any that are corrupt. If the problem persists, then disable all add-ons and play without them for a while to see whether the problem recurs. If it doesn't recur, then re-enable one add-on and play again for a while. Continue re-enabling add-ons and playing until the problem becomes manifest again.

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not an Add-Ons problem as this has been widely reported on all platforms.
    Lethal zergling