The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Friendly Competition. Highest PVE DPS

t3hdubzy
t3hdubzy
✭✭✭✭
In spirit of competition and in lieu of great debate, i thought it would be a lot of fun to have a friendly competition for bragging rights. Lots of people have great opinions on class and effectiveness i thought this wpuld be a great way for people to "put up"

I'd like to see who on the forums can pull off the highest dps on a skeleton dummy with each class, both magika and stamina versions for each of the 4 classes.

We will also seperate this by platform as well
PC and Console

Here are the rules.
1. You must post a video
2. You are not allowed to have any help in forms of another player.
3. You must show your gamertag in the video.
4. You can use any gear combination you see fit.
5. You can enter as many times as you like.
6. Highest DPS for each will be edited into this post.

Winners will walk away with bragging rights.

Any takers? Is sorc really the master class? Does nightblade truly excel at only being in the shadows? Do DKs have the worst sustain? Can templars do more than heal?
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Beware - OP is clearly looking for his next victim to cry for nerfs over.
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Betheny wrote: »

Kinda what I thought. Ye lets make a thread and show zos that 40k dps is totally normal while they're trying to homogenize classes.
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Very much what I thought. Yes let's convince the same people trying to homogonize classes, amd can't play without an antideath cheat, that 40k dps is *** normal for players.
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭

Dont believe ive ever started a thread for nerfs
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kammakazi wrote: »

Nice pulls, very similar in stats. Have you tried an inferno staff for your destro ult on your dk?
    Edited by t3hdubzy on April 30, 2017 1:12AM
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭

Very much what I thought. Yes let's convince the same people trying to homogonize classes, amd can't play without an antideath cheat, that 40k dps is *** normal for players.

This is a competition, i thought competition was a way to make things a little less doom and gloom, and honestly id like to see more stuff like this.

Reminds me of an i spy thread i saw a while back
  • Kammakazi
    Kammakazi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    t3hdubzy wrote: »

Nice pulls, very similar in stats. Have you tried an inferno staff for your destro ult on your dk?

I get less damage doing Inferno/Inferno.
  • Emothic
    Emothic
    ✭✭✭✭

I don't see why that should matter in PvE. So what someone can hit a NPC with high DPS, why does that matter? makes running a Dungeon/Trial, quests, delves, ect that much faster and easier. Now if this was for PvP then it's understandable, but not for PvE.
    Lord Emothic Von Hellsing of ze Hellsing Family.
    Dragon Knight of the Ebonheart Pact. Xbox One - NA
  • HatchetHaro
    HatchetHaro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's also the matter with racial passives. There are always going to be people with higher dps just because they are on the optimal race for their class role. It's an unfair competition to those people who prefer a different race for RP purposes.
    Best Argonian NA and I will fight anyone for it

17 Argonians

6x IR, 6x GH, 7x TTT, 4x GS, 4x DB, 1x PB, 3x SBS, 1x Unchained
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a competition, i thought competition was a way to make things a little less doom and gloom, and honestly id like to see more stuff like this.

Reminds me of an i spy thread i saw a while back

Fair enoigh. makes me inspired to start a compititiom thread for ps4 na. Winner gets a temp alloy or carry or whatever.
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's also the matter with racial passives. There are always going to be people with higher dps just because they are on the optimal race for their class role. It's an unfair competition to those people who prefer a different race for RP purposes.

[snip] You have 8 character slots hoe many roleplay toons do you need. Like for real dude. You get race change tokens, you get to make your own choices in this game. [snip]

[Edit for Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Bill on April 30, 2017 8:30PM
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm gonna make the other Mag Sorcs mad. Apparently if I do somethimg crazy I *alone* get the class nerfed.... like that's how it works -_-

Here's a purely solo 45.1K DPS parse on the target skeleton. Coulda been 46K+ but I was not perfect at the end.

Remember this isn't representative of an actual trial DPS setting so keep that in mind. There are people who will get quite angry when you so much as attempt to mention DPS parses.

https://youtu.be/zF6Y9vQrJxg

@Ep1kMalware I'll take that alloy tyvm ;)
    Edited by Vaoh on April 30, 2017 11:44AM
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    I'm gonna make the other Mag Sorcs mad. Apparently if I do somethimg crazy I *alone* get the class nerfed.... like that's how it works -_-

Here's a purely solo 45.1K DPS parse on the target skeleton. Coulda been 46K+ but I was not perfect at the end.

Remember this isn't representative of an actual trial DPS setting so keep that in mind. There are people who will get quite angry when you so much as attempt to mention DPS parses.

That's some crazy nice ani-cancelling,
    without addons to boot.
    Xbox one EU
    8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
    Doesn't stand in red
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭

Is it by a lot?
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

That's some crazy nice ani-cancelling,
    without addons to boot.

I agree i agree i agree
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For real? My magdk is doing 42k ish, when I can sustain it. But I cheated a little bit (halfed the dummy) to help with sustain issues. Can you explain your setup a little? My dk could use some pointers. I'm doing 5-2 inferno inferno.
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭

For real? My magdk is doing 42k ish, when I can sustain it. But I cheated a little bit (halfed the dummy) to help with sustain issues. Can you explain your setup a little? My dk could use some pointers. I'm doing 5-2 inferno inferno.

I believe lightning is used to immobilize or set off balance combo with power lash.
  • HatchetHaro
    HatchetHaro
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[snip] You have 8 character slots hoe many roleplay toons do you need. Like for real dude. You get race change tokens, you get to make your own choices in this game. [snip]

[Edit for Baiting]

All lizards, mate; all for both RP and end-game content and that's my choice for this game. Guess what? I'll still out-dps the Oblivion out of you.
    Best Argonian NA and I will fight anyone for it

17 Argonians

6x IR, 6x GH, 7x TTT, 4x GS, 4x DB, 1x PB, 3x SBS, 1x Unchained
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You will get us all nerfed! Say no to dps.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tfw no test dummy to use.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Emothic wrote: »

I don't see why that should matter in PvE. So what someone can hit a NPC with high DPS, why does that matter? makes running a Dungeon/Trial, quests, delves, ect that much faster and easier. Now if this was for PvP then it's understandable, but not for PvE.

I literally thought that is the exact argument the PVPers use when trying to blame PVE players for all the nerfs...we like to point fingers at our group members and complain about their dps and fancy class skills till they get nerfed.

Isn't that what we do PVE players? Must be us, surely nerfs aren't because of the PVPers :trollface:
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[Edit for Baiting]

All lizards, mate; all for both RP and end-game content and that's my choice for this game. Guess what? I'll still out-dps the Oblivion out of you.

:D challenge accepted!
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe lightning is used to immobilize or set off balance combo with power lash.

Ohh i see. Healers run lightning wall and weakening poisons in trials so our guild won't allow us to use lightning wall in dps test. It must be fire wall.
  • itehache
    itehache
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have no idea how to record a video actually xD But I would love to show my unfair low dps on my stamina nb :)
  • zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Friendly"
    Stamblade- Legate
    Tank/Heals Templar- Sergeant
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g