Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

First VMA Completion!

Pwnyridah
Pwnyridah
✭✭✭
So I'm on a magsorc so it's a little easy mode. Made it through most stages with minimal deaths. The ice, poison and spiders were definitely tougher. But man, the last phase of the last boss was punishing. So many mechanics at once, you gotta keep calm.

It was taking the defensive sigil after I dropped down and using to reflect the bosses channel that did it for me.

So I look in the chest...

Maelstrom Lightning Staff...

SHARPENED!!

:)
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pwnyridah wrote: »
    So I'm on a magsorc so it's a little easy mode. Made it through most stages with minimal deaths. The ice, poison and spiders were definitely tougher. But man, the last phase of the last boss was punishing. So many mechanics at once, you gotta keep calm.

It was taking the defensive sigil after I dropped down and using to reflect the bosses channel that did it for me.

SHARPENED!!

That is some good luck. I got lightning staff after 15 tries,and I thought I was luck. Gtatz.
  • Zvorgin
    Zvorgin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People are going to hate you, but congratulations!
  • Valve
    Valve
    ✭✭✭✭

SHARPENED!!

Y'know what I got from my first vMA run? A well-fitted permafrost helm.

I still need vMA lightning and inferno after countless runs -- where's the token system, ZOS?

I secretly hate you now, but grats on your first completion and your weapon!
    Edited by Valve on April 30, 2017 7:50PM
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyerx4
    Flawless Conqueror all Classes
    3rd Anniversary!
    Guar Squad
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nobody has pooped on your achievement yet...let me fix that...

Yeah well...I opened the chest and got THREE sharpened Maelstrom staves AND a rubby ducky.
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    GFYS!
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done man, always good to get that first clear done
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cogratulations on your clear, OP. And may you have many more clears to come. If I were you? I'd improve that staff to legendary quality, and lock it immediately. That's a very potent weapon you have on your hands, and highly sought after weapon. I've done hundreds of VMA runs, and still have no sharpened inferno or lightning staff to show for it.
  • Pwnyridah
    Pwnyridah
    ✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    Cogratulations on your clear, OP. And may you have many more clears to come. If I were you? I'd improve that staff to legendary quality, and lock it immediately. That's a very potent weapon you have on your hands, and highly sought after weapon. I've done hundreds of VMA runs, and still have no sharpened inferno or lightning staff to show for it.

Thanks Ch4mp, you can bet it's golded and locked ;)
  • Fishoscandi
    Fishoscandi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Screenies or didn't happen!
    Edited by Fishoscandi on April 30, 2017 8:20PM
    Fishoscandi - Orc NB
    Cookie of Dough - Dunmer Templar
    Smells Like Tree Spirit - Bosmer Sorc

EU PC

• Pwnyridah
    Pwnyridah
    ✭✭✭
    By popular demand :)

Edit: Doesn't want to let me add an image from my phone, but here: http://imgur.com/a/Tekub
    Edited by Pwnyridah on April 30, 2017 8:39PM
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valve wrote: »

SHARPENED!!

I still need vMA lightning and inferno after countless runs -- where's the token system, ZOS?

Permafrost helm in last chest VMA? Dawg, meth is a hell of a drug.

@Pwnyridah grats! And a very good first drop, top!
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you DESTROYED vma on your FIRST run, on a console, and you got good drop as well?

Nice lies tbh.
  • Wrekkedd
    Wrekkedd
    ✭✭✭✭

SHARPENED!!

I don't remember when they changed it but...weapons were not 100% drop rate back in the day.
  • Pwnyridah
    Pwnyridah
    ✭✭✭
    So you DESTROYED vma on your FIRST run, on a console, and you got good drop as well?

Nice lies tbh.

Lol well, I started on Wednesday and did a few stages a night. Just completed today. I wouldn't say I destroyed it. It defintely destroyed me! Even when I finally beat it, I didn't really feel relief, it was pretty exhausting. But the drop at the end made me feel better ;)

I just used golded Julianos, random sharpened golded lightning and inferno staves with grothdar. Spammed the crap out of harness majicka. I used immovable pots to give me a stam boost when I had to run and interrupt. It's really just about having that urgency to kill certain mobs super fast and be aware of your surroundings for mechanics.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

SHARPENED!!

Weapon drops weren't always guaranteed
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

SHARPENED!!

@Lexxypwns I believe that was also when we could receive our weapons in strictly: Defending, precise, and sharpened. Pre-Dark Brotherhood if memory serves me correctly. This of course being how so many players got sharpened Maelstrom's Inferno Staves back then, as the loot tables were nearly as diluted. While the chance of getting a weapon were significantly worse, if you did get 1? You were pretty much guaranteed for it to be a solid drop.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

SHARPENED!!

@Lexxypwns I believe that was also when we could receive our weapons in strictly: Defending, precise, and sharpened. Pre-Dark Brotherhood if memory serves me correctly. This of course being how so many players got sharpened Maelstrom's Inferno Staves back then, as the loot tables were nearly as diluted. While the chance of getting a weapon were significantly worse, if you did get 1? You were pretty much guaranteed for it to be a solid drop.

You were not guaranteed a good trait. 2/3 of the traits you listed are ***, there's only 1 good trait for weapons.
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Congrats!
  • darkstar2084
    darkstar2084
    ✭✭✭✭
    nice one gratz , now feel the pain getting a two handed and a inferno sharpened
  • ookami007
    ookami007
    ✭✭✭✭✭

SHARPENED!!

Congrats!
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a pleasant post, and great weapon!
    Pc na
  • Volrion
    Volrion