The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Buff the Nerien'eth set!

Vaoh
Vaoh
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Currently, there are two monster sets which are considered "best" for Magicka DPS. We have Ilambris (mainly for Sorcerers) and Grothdarr (mainly for DKs, Templars, NBs).

Either way, you will never find Nerien'eth used for optimized damage dealing anymore because it has been completely outclassed. We have both the 1-piece Max Health and low proc chance to blame for this.
thumbs_ilambris.jpg
thumbs_grothdarr.jpg
4107e8_37bdb4c6f0364ae1813c091a45071de2.jpg

Would you like Nerien'eth to get buffed at all?

My suggestion is one that would make it viable for endgame DPS:
• Increase the proc chance to 33%, up from 10%
• Add a 4 second cooldown
• 1-piece bonus grants Maximum Magicka, rather then Maximum Health

These changes would line Nerien'eth up with Grothdarr and Ilambris, but in a unique way. The Maximum Magicka bonus gives you equal stats to the other two sets. Having a 4-second cooldown guarantees it will not proc too often, though the chance to proc will be much greater. Remember it cannot proc off cooldown to the same DoTs that proc Grothdarr and Ilambris so quickly. You need to be using direct damage attacks. Though the absolute maximized DPS is higher than the other two sets for this version of Nerien'eth, it has a much greater chance of missing due to its small radius and 3sec timer before explosion, doesn't benefit from Engulfing Flames, and has a low uptime (will rarely be procced immediately once the cooldown expires, unlike Grothdarr and Ilambris, which do proc near immediately off cooldown).

Sorcs would still use Ilambris. DKs would still use Grothdarr along with other close-range Magicka DPS. However, ranged Non-Sorc DPS (particulary NBs and Wardens) would definitely begin using Nerien'eth.

Thoughts? :)
Edited by Vaoh on April 30, 2017 4:20AM

Buff the Nerien'eth set! 87 votes

Yes, buff Nerien'eth as suggested.
58%
wolfdoggie_ESOvailjohn_ESOBowserssewallb14_ESOJitterbugSPE825nooblybearbottleofsyrupMivrynaSigma957shadowcoderPhinix1Shader_ShibespaulsimonpsMettaricanaParasaurolophusApheriusThe UninvitedDuxesWeesacs 51 votes
Yes, buff Nerien'eth but different than the suggestion
21%
rileynotzb14_ESOSickDuckSheezabeastlonewolf26llllADBllllAnkael07Leogonpaul_jTheHsNiam_slickoneSilver_StriderDPShiroCroniccrabQbikenspencer2361FabulosityIronCrystalt3hdubzymartijnlv40 19 votes
No, do not buff Nerien'eth
9%
cavakthestampedeValveAlinielSneaky-SnurrZedrianGargathgetemshaunaRANKK7 8 votes
No, nerf Nerien'eth
4%
LarianaVipstaakkiTyharWest93 4 votes
Other
5%
CasterialEdziusneakymitchellOutLaw_NynxMalic 5 votes
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buff the proc chance but leave the max health 1-pc. Next patch, you're gonna need it in trials.
    Edited by lonewolf26 on April 30, 2017 4:22AM
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lonewolf26 wrote: »
    Buff the proc chance but leave the max health 1-pc. Next patch, you're gonna need it in trials.

Why's that? Health is staying the same :/

If the 1-piece stays the same it'll never see use either way.

• Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the record, the main reason I've cared to create this poll is because Magicka Wardens atm will all use Grothdarr, which looks ugly on them since it procs a fiery lava ring.

Nerien'eth has a proc which matches the Warden color scheme (cold/nature, teal, whitish blue, and green). Looks awesome and would feel unique, plus we would see a possible slight increase to Mag NB DPS. The current rendition of this set is garbage and absolutely no one use it. Might as well make it viable like it used to be years ago.

Here's how it looks for reference:
    Z2OJU0i.png
    Edited by Vaoh on April 30, 2017 4:55AM
  • Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Sorcs could use a buff to pirate skelleton honestly, they would be in a great spot and would more than make up for the horrific frag nerf.

Pirate Skeleton Set

LEVEL 50 CHAMPION 160

(1 items) Adds 1935 Physical Resistance

(1 items) Adds 1935 Spell Resistance

(2 items) When you take damage, you have a 6% chance to transform into a skeleton and gain Major Protection and Minor Defile for 12 seconds, reducing your damage taken by 30% but reducing your healing received by 15%. This effect can occur once every 15 seconds.

Its item 2, buff it to 50%chance (equal to tremor) and increase the duration to 45s but it can only occur once every 50s.
    Edited by Malic on April 30, 2017 5:00AM
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like your proposed changes and agree with your reasoning. I would also like to see Iceheart buffed with a larger radius at the very least to add some more variability to ice-themed monster options.
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just find it silly that the set from CoH I is better than the the one from CoH II.
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Think about how it will affect not only pve, but pvp.
    Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Combat Is Clunky | Cyordiil Fixes

Kill Counter Developer
    For the Daggerfall Covenant
    The Last Chillrend Empress
    Animation Cancelling
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Casterial wrote: »
    Think about how it will affect not only pve, but pvp.

I have.

It would be very weak in PvP because you'd land maybe 10%% of your lich crystals on enemies. Perhaps 0% of them would land on experienced players, creating a useless set. It would be horrible compared to many of the current monster sets in PvP. That tiny 4m radius and 3 seconds warning before explosion makes it a horrible PvP set no matter how often you proc it.

There was a time when Force Pulse had 3 chances to proc Nerien'eth (30% chance) per Force Pulse, and it seemed even higher tbh. It would proc every other cast almost because there was no cooldown. Even when procing a lich crystal every 2-3 seconds in a time when none of the currently powerful monster sets existed, almost no one used this set.

So yeah no worries about PvP. This buff would only serve one purpose - making Nerien'eth viable for some endgame PvE builds, to support build diversity expecially for Magicka NBs and Magicka Wardens.

Currently Nerien'eth is a set that is going completely unused.
    Edited by Vaoh on April 30, 2017 6:18AM
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malic wrote: »
    Sorcs could use a buff to pirate skelleton honestly, they would be in a great spot and would more than make up for the horrific frag nerf.

Pirate Skeleton Set

LEVEL 50 CHAMPION 160

(2 items) When you take damage, you have a 6% chance to transform into a skeleton and gain Major Protection and Minor Defile for 12 seconds, reducing your damage taken by 30% but reducing your healing received by 15%. This effect can occur once every 15 seconds.

Its item 2, buff it to 50%chance (equal to tremor) and increase the duration to 45s but it can only occur once every 50s.

LOL
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    3 seconds of cooldown is already too long, nobody gets hit by it. And increasing the proc chance would make it too powerful in pve as monsters are easy to restrain until the crystal explodes.

Right now you can literally walk away from the explosion ( even when you're snared by 70%). So my suggestion would be to make the set a counter to tanks.
    Allow the crystal to proc from damage dealt instead of direct damage only (that way we can put a dot on the tank and force it to drop his shield), lower the cooldown to 1.5 second. Make it unblockable and give it a 2 seconds stun like how liches do in the game.
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would love this! I could finally get rid of that ugly infernal guardian shoulder piece and helmet :)
    Edited by andreasranasen on April 30, 2017 7:14AM
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
  • wolfdoggie_ESO
    wolfdoggie_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I got a good traited helmet/shoulders to this set and it sounded fun but the health was indeed disappointing and the proc was just so terribly unreliable and rarely occurred. It's like it just has too many penalties at once and nothing to make it worth it. These changes would be great. :)
  • Sigma957
    Sigma957
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would also suggest that maybe drop the exploding crystal to 2 seconds or increase the damage to 9000-10k which in pvp terms would be around 5k with no mitigation.
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it definitely needs a buff, max magicka , higher proc chance but also a faster explosion.

So many sets that should be buffed so we could shave some choices and variety, right now it's only a few that's even worth using and that's sad.

Especially since we didn't get any new dungeon or monster sets with Vvardenfell so we will have the same ones for a lot longer.

Nerien'eth is <3
    Please make it viable again.
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • Sneaky-Snurr
    Sneaky-Snurr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, do not buff Nerien'eth
    No.

Proc sets don't need any more additions and/or buff.
    They're a scourge to tactical and skilled gameplay.
    Edited by Sneaky-Snurr on April 30, 2017 8:23AM
    The Order of the Shadows: Nightmare
      EP CP810 Nightblade
      AD CP810 Templar
      AD CP810 Dragon Knight
      AD Lvl 25 Sorceror
      DC Lvl 23 Nightblade
    {PC•NA•no-CP Ravenwatch}

Shadow hide you. -Unknown
    There is no clean fight in a war. -Shun Izaki
  • SickDuck
    SickDuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still use Nerien'eth on one of ny magblades. Tbh I find it procs quite regularly especially when using Force Pulse. I'm not sure but it may already have an internal cooldown. Well it definitely won't proc again until the previous exploded.

What I find clunky is the 3 seconds delay, that kills the thing for many fights and pvp ofc. Decreasing it to 1 second (or even making it instantaneous) would do the trick for me. And ofc the 1-piece hp bonus should go. Magicka is fine, but I'd love to see penetration or crit instead. Adding a well-thought explicit cooldown could fine tune the whole thing.
    Holdviola - Khira'de Regalo - Lélekvadász - Used To Be An Adventurer - Zetor - Does-Not-Give-A-Duck - Lord Sugar - Tenar Arha - Da'rinka - Violent Moon - Extreme Runner
  • stevepdodson_ESO888
    stevepdodson_ESO888
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lonewolf26 wrote: »

i would leave the proc chance as is, but make it explode instantly... after all Grothdar and ilambris do instant damage,
    and then add a cool down perhaps 8 seconds
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    remove every proc set/monster set from game or atleast from pvp, then I dont care about buffs and crits from those sets
  • Kay1
    Kay1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malic wrote: »

Pirate Skeleton Set

LEVEL 50 CHAMPION 160

Hahahahahhahaha
    K1 The Big Monkey
  • KingWhyteboi
    KingWhyteboi
    ✭✭✭
    I love this helm looks so nice on my mag blade they can even leave the health just make it do more damage
    v16 dark elf temp
    v16 imperial nb
    v16 khajiit nb
    v16 imperial dk
    v16 high elf sorc
    v16 breton temp
    v16 high elf nb
    v16 dark elf dk
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is a buff if your magic is below 15200 :p
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand, why ZoS leaves so many sets in the rain. There are so many sets, especially monster sets, that truly nobody is using and they have to see that in their statistics.

If I was a dev, I would try to improve them on a weekly base and make sure, everything is desirable. This is NOT hard work.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • sneakymitchell
    sneakymitchell
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Next patch it might get a buff. Since it does direct damage it would scale nicely with the master at arms and the things in the magic cp side of things. U can get 15% plus 25% which equals to 40% increase of damage with it.
    NA-Xbox one- Ebonheart Pact- Nord Tank DK
    PC-NA Ebonheart Pact Nord Stam Templar
  • spencer2361
    spencer2361
    ✭✭✭
    It would just be nice if the proc stuck to the enemy, even in pve I found mobs tend to move before it goes off