The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Which campaign is right for you?

Fisherman
Fisherman
Soul Shriven
Hi everyone!

Been PvPing about a year now, and I've been jumping between the different campaigns trying to figure out which one I want to stick to.
I figured I'd ask the community their thoughts on the (hopefully unbiased) opinions of the different campaigns and what they have to offer for different playstyles.

So far, here's my view (though I could be way off since we all have wildly different experiences)

Blackwater Blade (lvl 1-50)
Lots of guilds here teaching new players how to play, which is cool to see
Emperorship is attainable with a fairly small group
Not too many roleplayers
Great for: Learning to PvP, of course!
Solo, small group, or large group?: Any

Azura Star (no-CP)
The most diverse campaign - a mix of new players, old players, casual players, roleplayers, and absolutely-ridiculously-good players
Small groups have a huge impact in this campaign, where a relatively (keyword: relatively) small group could completely control this campaign.
More roleplayers here than anywhere else.
Great for: CP10-600 players looking to have fun and learn how to play more effectively; CP600 tweaking their builds to work in multiple contexts; retired players taking a break from competitive play; (edit:) and people who enjoy no-CP better than CP PvP.
Solo, small group, or large group?: Typically solo and small groups

Haderus (CP, resource only)
Not many new players, mostly good players/groups farming AP/achievements
Seems to be more exploiters/cheaters here simply because not many in this campaign care about the score/winning the campaign.
Emperorship is fairly easily attainable - often traded/sold by larger groups
Great for: Farming AP/getting achievements, as well as practicing either coordinated fights or sieging/positioning. Guild groups' training grounds
Solo, small group, or large group?: Solo is great for just taking resources and helping the campaign, otherwise usually small - medium groups

Trueflame (CP, standard)
Largest guilds, mostly veteran players though there are a few new players playing with their friends
Small groups are less effective in terms of directly taking keeps, etc... but can be very effective (especially if there's a lot of small groups) taking secondary objectives.
Lots of relationships/agreements already established between the more influential guilds - so playing the map without that knowledge can be difficult
Emperorship is difficult here (depending on timing of the push) - and much more difficult to hold on to for long periods of time than other campaigns
Lots of players, so easy to recruit via zone chat. Not many roleplayers here.
Great for: Large scale battles (aka zerg v zerg), small scale battles, 1v1s here and there, little bit of everything
Solo, small group, or large group?: You'll have the hardest time solo here, but depending on the build it can be a lot of fun. Small groups can be decently effective though it's frustrating going for big objectives and getting zerged down. Large groups control the map here.

As I said, I'm likely way off on the different campaigns based on my experience - so I'd like to get your thoughts on the differences between campaigns. Personally, I enjoy the freedom of solo play the most, or finding random groups and seeing how effective my build is with different types of other builds, and I play casually (as in, not trying to play competitively) but I enjoy playing the map as best I can solo on whichever alliance I'm on... so I'm not sure which campaign I should home long-term.

Looking for your thoughts on which campaign you play and why!
Edited by Fisherman on April 21, 2017 1:58PM
L´homme a voulu monter vers les étoiles... Écrire son histoire.. Dans le verre ou dans la pierre.
  • cmetzger93
    cmetzger93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have actually been considering switching from Haderus to Azuras star simply because I feel like it would be more fun without champion points where you get one shot all the time. Any thoughts on that?
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Azura Star (no-CP)

Great for: CP10-600 players looking to have fun and learn how to play more effectively; CP600 tweaking their builds to work in multiple contexts; retired players taking a break from competitive play.

You forgot: great for people who think the game is better without CP.

7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • 0rnge
    0rnge
    ✭✭
    I love Azuras (EU PC) and suggest hanging out there for a bit. I enjoy the no CP campaign better that TF but my guest is set to haderus because some guildies hang out there. I enjoyed BWB but I'm not interested in making alts solely for the campaign.
    PC | EU | DC
    K'Tal Dunmer Magplar
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Blackwater Blade ( PC/NA ) (lvl 1-50)
    *Best Campaign*
    DC vs Orange ( AD/EP )
    Popular Streamers that think they are good are often lying on the ground dead
    Huge Battles that make you go "OMG! that was fun"
    Fun small/med/large group fights

Campaign Suggestions:
    If you don't like a challenge ( play on AD )
    If you want to get Emp achievement just to get it ( play on AD )
    If you like standing around with your hands in your pants and ERPing with trees ( play on EP )
    If you think it is fun dying all the time ( play on EP )
    If you you want to get Emp and play between the hours of 5am - 8am ( Play on EP )
    If you are a warrior and loyal to the king ( Play on DC )
    If you like a challenge ( Play on DC )
    If you do not care about the enemies feelings getting hurt ( Play on DC )
    If you like zerging over 1 player and then TBagging them ( play on DC )
    If you want to be Emp and earn it ( play on DC )
    If you like drama ( play on DC )

Also if you are a BwB player and want to buy/sell/trade rewards and do a little trash talking with the enemy, join my guild :)

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/324988/blackwaters-merchant-pc-na-buy-sell-trade-low-level-gear

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Drakkdjinn on April 25, 2017 7:27PM
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azura Star (no-CP)
    casparian wrote: »

You forgot: great for people who know the game is better without training wheels.

Fixed.

Edited by Drakkdjinn on April 25, 2017 7:26PM
  • FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    Blackwater Blade ( PC/NA ) (lvl 1-50)
    *Best Campaign*
    DC vs Orange ( AD/EP )
    Popular Streamers that think they are good are often lying on the ground dead
    Huge Battles that make you go "OMG! that was fun"
    Fun small/med/large group fights

Campaign Suggestions:
    If you don't like a challenge ( play on AD )
    If you want to get Emp achievement just to get it ( play on AD )
    If you like standing around with your hands in your pants and ERPing with trees ( play on EP )
    If you think it is fun dying all the time ( play on EP )
    If you you want to get Emp and play between the hours of 5am - 8am ( Play on EP )
    If you are a warrior and loyal to the king ( Play on DC )
    If you like a challenge ( Play on DC )
    If you do not care about the enemies feelings getting hurt ( Play on DC )
    If you like zerging over 1 player and then TBagging them ( play on DC )
    If you want to be Emp and earn it ( play on DC )
    If you like drama ( play on DC )

Also if you are a BwB player and want to buy/sell/trade rewards and do a little trash talking with the enemy, join my guild :)

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/324988/blackwaters-merchant-pc-na-buy-sell-trade-low-level-gear

@vamp_emily Oh, I know. There is like a population of players that literally reroll characters just to pvp on blackwater blade. Popular streamers that think they are good are often lying on the ground dead? Can you provide evidence? I know you're probably rocking that level 30 gold set of seducer or something along those lines lol...come on. Even on PS4/NA the blackwater blade community is odd. Subliminal killers for sure.

That being said Haderus since the game came out was always leisure and had great fights(it was off an on of course but primetime speaking). Around one tamriel chillrend was cool as well. Basically 7 day campaigns; many small scale fights/less laggy. I expect azuras star to start popping when Morrowind hits, I may join that.
    The Flyers
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drakkdjinn wrote: »
    Azura Star (no-CP)

You forgot: great for people who know the game is better without training wheels.

Fixed.

Training wheels? I'm confused.
    Oh I get it. Lol. Yeah I agree
    Edited by Stridig on April 25, 2017 7:45PM
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    FlyLionel wrote: »
    @vamp_emily Oh, I know. There is like a population of players that literally reroll characters just to pvp on blackwater blade. Popular streamers that think they are good are often lying on the ground dead? Can you provide evidence? I know you're probably rocking that level 30 gold set of seducer or something along those lines lol...come on. Even on PS4/NA the blackwater blade community is odd. Subliminal killers for sure.

I'm not sure why the "lol.. come on" comment was made. One of the popular streamers, I speek of, has been in BwB a few times leveling alts ( in my alliance ) and every time I seen him he was laying down dead. That has nothing to do with me sporting "gold" gear, which I never have done. Also, if you want to know what gear I currently have on, it is Training blue gear medium, light and heavy level 10, my character is almost level 16. So if you have ever PvP'ed in BwB you know I am suffering right now.

I've played in All campaigns, blackwaters has very little lag if any, less cry babies about skills and no crying about proc sets, and it is much funner than any other campaign.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stridig wrote: »
    Drakkdjinn wrote: »
    Azura Star (no-CP)

Fixed.

Training wheels? I'm confused.
    Oh I get it. Lol. Yeah I agree

TF - TrainingWheelFlame!
  • ordraveeb17_ESO
    Solo, small group, or large group?: Typically solo and small groups........... on AZURA ?! lol ))) in prime time?! lol ))) mega zerg vs mega zerg (EPvsDC) + some times zerg squad(AD) )))
  • raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    haderus if solo, coz good solo enemies there. trueflame if group. azura boring and pointless. i most infamous blackwater player eu, nice campaign to lvl chars and teach some fresh faces.