The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

64 Bit Client Will Not Load

Donari
Donari
✭✭✭✭
I tried to launch the game a few times today. Each time I hit PLAY I got a black screen and an eventual Windows notice that ESO had failed to load. When trying to find the Repair option (which is not in launcher options for me that I can see) I noted the 64 bit toggle and turned it off. Voila, I got to the login screen.

Any suggestions on how I can regain 64 bit functionality? This is a new problem that has not affected me until now in a very long time using 64 bit.

(Possible factor that just occurred to me, I have the addon that helps expand memory use to avoid LUA errors, http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info883-ShissusLUAMemory.html -- could that be a problem here? It's a newer addon for me but I have been using it a month or so without this launch failure until today).
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Donari: This is not a bug in the game software per se, so posting a report here will never be read by the people responsible for helping you to find a solution. Instead, post a copy of your OP here in the Customer Support section of the forum, for the platform and megaserver which you are using.

If the Launcher does not have a Game Options feature which displays a menu that has Repair Files as an option, then, on the face of it, the Launcher itself is corrupted. Note: consequently, it is possible that the storage media on which the software is recorded is failing, or there is a system or hardware malfunction, so you need to run a utility program that will examine the drive on which the game is installed on your computer.

The game is installed on the drive partition that you chose at the time of installation, which is probably Drive C by default. The location of its installation on my computer is:

E:\Program Files (x86)\The Elder Scrolls which has the folders:
    • Launcher
    • The Elder Scrolls Online
    • Uninstall
    The Launcher folder has a large number of files, but those in which we are interested are (date of creation in parentheses):
    • Bethesda.net_Launcher.exe (01/23/2017)
    • Bethesda.net_Launcher.version (10/11/2015)
    • GameConsultant.exe
    • launcher.settings (04/27/2017)
    • launcher_helper.exe (01/23/2017)
    • vcredist_x64.exe
    • vcredist_x64_2015.exe
    If any of those files are missing, or corrupted, then they must be replaced. However, I do not know how to replace the Launcher, or instruct the Launcher to update itself to the most recent version. For instructions use the SUPPORT feature in the banner of this forum page, then search the knowledge base for "launcher".

If you cannot find anything of use, then run Game Consultant, which will create a report file on the desktop. Then send an e-mail message to the Customer Support staff, with that report file attached.

Edited by Shadowshire on April 30, 2017 2:16AM
    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • Donari
    Donari
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you! I do have a Support ticket open, so I will stick with that for now rather than re-query in Support (though I am glad for the guidance so I know where to for future issues of this sort).

The files you list all exist. I did discover I needed a new NVidia driver. Sadly, installing that did not fix the problem. Anyway, thanks again. Hopefully Support will find an answer for me.