The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[!] MORROWIND. Content updates.

Vindold
Vindold
✭✭✭
Greetings everyone!
Ship to Vvardenfell is about to arive and as a TES3 veteran I simply can't wait!
I have a question though...Morrowind is an Expansion, and expansions gets content updates as time goes by. Good example is WoW.
So...will there be any Morrowind content updates? Would you like to have any more content to be added later?

As for content...what I would like to see is growth of Vivec City, Ald'ruhn, Sadrith Mora as time goes by and ofc new chain quests should be there, Dungeons (not public), some content with Red Mountain, Morag Tong guild and Great Houses like in TES3 and...some quests involving Sotha Sil?:)

Would you like to have updates like this for Morrowind or you prefer to move forward, to a new province?
Edited by Vindold on April 30, 2017 10:33AM

[!] MORROWIND. Content updates. 57 votes

Yes, I would like to have Morrowind content updates
63%
wolfdoggie_ESOotis67AlienSlofzariastarkerealmHatchetHaroIdinuseVictoria_MarquisQUEZ420TandorAndrewQ84paulsimonpsthe_samapaLupusdiabolusApheriusBo0137psychojudgeVoxicitytheher0notZolexi 36 votes
No, I prefer something entirely new
10%
JitterbugPhelaennotimetocareDr.NRGAmyxleexownsxuCMFan1966 6 votes
Don't care
26%
AldruinAlinielShad0wfire99StovahkiinMeshalmtwiggzAeerolBananaVipstaakkiWalksonGravescoligMAEKSovasooiceroCalsifer 15 votes
  • colig
    colig
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't care
    I've never seen an expansion for an MMO get an additional content update. That said, it wouldn't bother me either way.
  • wolfdoggie_ESO
    wolfdoggie_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    colig wrote: »
    I've never seen an expansion for an MMO get an additional content update. That said, it wouldn't bother me either way.

GW2 added multiple new zones to the xpansion after releasing it, among other things and will continue to get content updates to it so there's one. Dunno of others but it's a nice trend to follow.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

GW2 added multiple new zones to the xpansion after releasing it, among other things and will continue to get content updates to it so there's one. Dunno of others but it's a nice trend to follow.
    WOW tend to update their expansions too, usually adding more dungeons and features.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Vindold
    Vindold
    ✭✭✭
    it's a nice trend to follow.

Yes, it also can give you a feeling, that world is some sort of alive.
    zaria wrote: »
    WOW tend to update their expansions too, usually adding more dungeons and features.
    And speaking about dungeons...I was really surprised that there will be trial, yes, but no Dungeons in Morrowind, except public, that's just weird.
    Edited by Vindold on April 30, 2017 11:45AM
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, I prefer something entirely new
    I think it's nice they cater to the TES3-heads with this package, but I would like to see new zones added in the future in stead of updating old ones. Zones like Black Marsh and Elsweyr. Not to mention Akavir or Pyandonea or Thras.
  • Aliniel
    Aliniel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't care
    Morrowind is not an expansion. It's a chapter. Whatever the hell that's supposed to mean...
    Edited by Aliniel on April 30, 2017 12:20PM
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESO expansions are not like WoW expansions. Don't base your expectations on what other games did.
  • Vindold
    Vindold
    ✭✭✭
    You sound like ESO already have expansions :) It's their first big thing which can be called as an expansion (chapter, as they call it) and we don't know for sure will devs expand Morrowind content later or not, but tbh I really doubt it...I think they will add an entirely new content and that's why I've created this poll, sort of an attempt to show them what ppl prefer the most.
    Edited by Vindold on April 30, 2017 3:26PM
  • datgladiatah
    datgladiatah
    ✭✭✭
    If they do, I hope they add the Red Mountain region and Sheogorad.

Mostly I'd like to see them focus on new zones tho. Like Port Telvannis/Blacklight, or especially the old Skyrim capital Winterhold. I'd love to see it in its prime. Also Labyrinthian as a trial would be godly
  • Bo0137
    Bo0137
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do think Morrowind is going to have free updates.
    1- There are lots of maps around Vvardenfel that belong to Morrowind and are unavailable on launch version. These maps I refer to are so small that can't be used as a DLC.
    2- It has been promised in the previous ESO Lives that new battlegrounds maps and modes will be launched in the near future.
    -On my shoulder, Ms. Ahvine
  • Vindold
    Vindold
    ✭✭✭
    Bo0137 wrote: »
    I do think Morrowind is going to have free updates.
    1- There are lots of maps around Vvardenfel that belong to Morrowind and are unavailable on launch version. These maps I refer to are so small that can't be used as a DLC.
    2- It has been promised in the previous ESO Lives that new battlegrounds maps and modes will be launched in the near future.

Well...I want to believe... :)
    But truth is, that unfortunately nothing is free in ESO...even costume dyeing isn't free.

As for BGs, that's a new end game content which forcing many players to buy Morrowind, it's like Cyrodiil, they have to support BGs for free and it's in their interests to add new maps as fast as possible.
  • Sovaso
    Sovaso
    ✭✭✭
    Don't care
    Don't care. Don't give a ...
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    ESO expansions are not like WoW expansions. Don't base your expectations on what every other game does.

Fixed.

You mean expecting it to do what every other single game on the market does?

Considering that they already do just about what every other game does. The gear grind is different. The trading system is different. That's... about it.
    Edited by Sakiri on April 30, 2017 4:17PM
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont fool Yourself. Morrowind is called an expasnion not DLC only to bypass previous promise Zenimax gaved to players that every DLC will be included in ESO+ or for crowns.
  • Vindold
    Vindold
    ✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    Dont fool Yourself. Morrowind is called an expasnion not DLC only to bypass previous promise Zenimax gaved to players that every DLC will be included in ESO+ or for crowns.

ikr :)
    But question was about your preferences...another 'DLC' or new content for Morrowind.

Edited by Vindold on April 30, 2017 4:53PM